Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2016 US Presidential Election

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3855 replies to this topic

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Unless there is a dark horse like Obama (no pun intended) in 2016 I think Hillary will be next POTUS. Christie is toast thanks to Bridgeghazi.

I think the main problem with Hillary is that she is to many republicans what Sarah Palin is to democrats. She may just be the battle cry republicans need to get a good voter turn out.

Yes, except that she is much more intelligent than Palin is.

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationSunny England

It's pretty rare for a party in US politics to win 3 in a row. Seeing as how there seems to be a lack of credible republican candidates, A Hillary victory looks fairly likely, the republicans may well bruise themselves in the primaries while Hillary clinches the nomination very early giving greater time to focus on competing for the main event.

"The future will be better tomorrow.  If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.   For NASA, space is still a high priority. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child. We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."  Dan Quayle

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,143 posts

It's pretty rare for a party in US politics to win 3 in a row. 

True, but since the end of WWII, it did almost occur in 1960, 1968, 1976, and in 2000.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I find that a lot of my fellow liberals are kind of put off by Hillary.

My guess: most of us stay home and the Republicans win. The U.S. goes down the toilet. :(

What difference does it make?

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

I find that a lot of my fellow liberals are kind of put off by Hillary.

My guess: most of us stay home and the Republicans win. The U.S. goes down the toilet. :(

No way. Hillary will attract as many to the polls as Obama did. This is many people's chance to participate in history by electing the first female US president. That will draw people to the polls who normally don't care about the stagnant nature of politics. I believe that was a major factor in the last two elections as well.

I'm leaning hard towards Hillary winning the next two elections. After that, who knows?

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

What does everyone think of Cuomo as a possible contender for the democratic party nomination?

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

[color=#00ffff;]Hillary Clinton vs Rand Paul?[/color]

Interesting article. If anyone on the right would pose a challenge to Hillary Clinton, it would be Rand Paul.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,143 posts

What does everyone think of Cuomo as a possible contender for the democratic party nomination?

He might run if Hillary doesn't run, but he probably won't win, since AFAIK, he is too conservative for many Democrats.

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Interesting article. If anyone on the right would pose a challenge to Hillary Clinton, it would be Rand Paul.

I don't think Rand Paul would stand a chance unless Hillary gets primaried hard. I considered a Warren primary weakening Hillary agianst someone like Rand Paul, but Rand Paul is slowly rolling out some graffies. I don't think there's a way any Republican can win against Hillary. Recently a pole of repulbican canidate showed Huckabee winning with 16% of the vote.

I don't see a noncorporatist coming close to winning until 2020.

Because it's no longer 2015

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,143 posts

I don't think Rand Paul would stand a chance unless Hillary gets primaried hard. I considered a Warren primary weakening Hillary agianst someone like Rand Paul, but Rand Paul is slowly rolling out some graffies. I don't think there's a way any Republican can win against Hillary. Recently a pole of repulbican canidate showed Huckabee winning with 16% of the vote.

2020 might be too early for this to occur.

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

I think the Democrats will hold the White House until at least 2024. The only reason I'm saying Rand Paul stands a chance is that he doesn't seem to be stuck on the same social conservative, religious nonsense that most Republicans are. Regardless of this, having to appeal to the Republican base will drag him down, and affect any policy-making decisions. From a political perspective, though, I feel that Rand Paul is a move in the right direction for the Republican party, and their only hope of survival - by moving away from the religion, anti-science, social conservatism and PR blunders that they are so prone to now, and focusing on libertarianism.

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationSunny England

I think the Democrats will hold the White House until at least 2024. The only reason I'm saying Rand Paul stands a chance is that he doesn't seem to be stuck on the same social conservative, religious nonsense that most Republicans are. Regardless of this, having to appeal to the Republican base will drag him down, and affect any policy-making decisions. From a political perspective, though, I feel that Rand Paul is a move in the right direction for the Republican party, and their only hope of survival - by moving away from the religion, anti-science, social conservatism and PR blunders that they are so prone to now, and focusing on libertarianism.

I doubt Rand Paul would get nominated the higher ups in the Republican Party were hardly fans of his dad, doubtless there'd be some guilt by association going on there. Every good thing Rand Paul says about the governments intrusion on privacy is invariably cancelled out when he opens his mouth about the civil rights act.

"The future will be better tomorrow.  If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.   For NASA, space is still a high priority. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child. We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."  Dan Quayle

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Here's an interesting picture I came across. Good summary for 2016 as of now. http://4.bp.blogspot.../2016+image.png

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,753 posts
  • LocationLondon

"...no Republican will occupy the White House likely till 2024."

http://www.marketwat...2016-2014-06-07

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationSunny England

I think the Republicans will win if they nominate someone like Christie albeit a narrow victory this would be something of a last hurrah however. When you get into the 2020's unless they change their policies the demographic shift will make it near impossible for them to win. 

Still very early days plenty of time for things to change.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

"...no Republican will occupy the White House likely till 2024."

http://www.marketwat...2016-2014-06-07

Gives me a hope despite being an opinion piece. The trends don't lie, of course. More Americans are starting to acknowledge climate change, and in 2 years it will pretty much a done deal.

Ugh, I just read the comments. Just... ugh. If you know what's good for you, don't do the same.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
I don't usually look at this stuff this far out, but it is the most important job in the world, despite what some stupid articles might think and what we in the rest of the world might think.

Progressive Dem Elizabeth Warren currently seems to be excellent, I don't think she will fall on her sword like republicans do. Watch media try to keep her out of it, or should that be, notice her not being shown during the race? An early cat fight looms with her against Clinton, as Clinton will try to protect the likes of Goldman Sachs.
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,143 posts

I don't usually look at this stuff this far out, but it is the most important job in the world, despite what some stupid articles might think and what we in the rest of the world might think.

Progressive Dem Elizabeth Warren currently seems to be excellent, I don't think she will fall on her sword like republicans do. Watch media try to keep her out of it, or should that be, notice her not being shown during the race? An early cat fight looms with her against Clinton, as Clinton will try to protect the likes of Goldman Sachs.

I don't think that E. Warren will run in 2016 if H. Clinton runs that year.

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Why not Futurist? not enough money behind her maybe? criticising banks cant help, the price she pays for honesty.

'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

It's actually quite sad that Hillary will be the next president, as she's extremely Russophobic, which will make the Russian-American relations deteriorate even further.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users