Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Where was I all this time

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

POPULAR

I've nearly disappeared for quite a while from this forum so I think that I should post at least some semblance of an explanation of what happened.

Therefore, here it is:
I came out to my mother as trans in late March. It went seemingly smooth, but downhill after that. After some time I couldn't bear it any more and decided to run away from home. On June 1st, I ran away to Moscow where I stayed at a friend's place. I also had a risky plan on how to semi-illegally migrate to USA within less than a year (it's not something I want to talk much about, though).

But then, something that could be described as a miracle happened: my mother told my other relatives that I'm transgender and they generally accepted me far better than she did, completely contradicting all my expectations. Even my father turned out to be understanding. Thus, I soon moved to Serbia where my relatives provided me with a separate flat (they rented it).

Today, I just moved in into my father's house and my life is better than it ever was. Literally all of my relatives call me Maria and address me as female by now.

I'm also currently enrolling into a good Serbian university.

I'm sorry if this isn't too coherent, I'm just really sleepy as of the moment of writing this.

• wjfox, Time_Traveller, illykitty and 15 others like this

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Oh and the forum-relevant portion of all this: I'll probably start being active again soon.

• wjfox, Time_Traveller, Yuli Ban and 2 others like this

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationLondon

Good to have you back! :)

• Time_Traveller, Yuli Ban, Futurist and 2 others like this

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Good to have you back! :)

Thanks, I guess.

• Futurist likes this

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
Holy shit. I am happy for you. Not many get to experience a reversal of fortune to this degree.
  • Futurist and Outlook like this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Holy shit. I am happy for you. Not many get to experience a reversal of fortune to this degree.

^

I myself second all of this! :)

I am very glad that you were accepted by your relatives and even by your father, Maria! :D

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ

Good luck with your mom down the line.

• Futurist likes this
Omega point or extinction.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

@AA: Out of curiosity--did you dad take the news that you are transgender better than your mom did? I just want to make sure about this part.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

@AA: Out of curiosity--did you dad take the news that you are transgender better than your mom did? I just want to make sure about this part.

Surprisingly, yes.

• Futurist likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Surprisingly, yes.

I am actually extremely amazed about this considering what you previously told me about your dad.

That said, though, for all I know, your dad could have felt guilty about how he previously treated you after he found out that you are transgender and decided to try making it up to you. Am I way off-base here, or am I actually onto something here?

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Surprisingly, yes.

I am actually extremely amazed about this considering what you previously told me about your dad.

That said, though, for all I know, your dad could have felt guilty about how he previously treated you after he found out that you are transgender and decided to try making it up to you. Am I way off-base here, or am I actually onto something here?

About a month before my mother told my father that I'm trans, she told him that I have serious psychological issues because of him that made me attempt suicide twice... I think that this was the decisive factor more or less.

• Futurist likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Surprisingly, yes.

About a month before my mother told my father that I'm trans, she told him that I have serious psychological issues because of him that made me attempt suicide twice... I think that this was the decisive factor more or less.

Understood. However, I am surprised that your father didn't previously know that beating a child because he or she "wasn't masculine enough" could cause this child to have serious psychological issues and/or to attempt suicide. :(

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

Well, my congrats with returning back (regardless of reason). I've missed you  :biggrin:

Btw:

Do you know Serbian? Yes, i know it's close to Russian enough to understand something they're saying. But doesn't close enough to study in their uni.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Well, my congrats with returning back (regardless of reason). I've missed you  :biggrin:

Btw:

Do you know Serbian? Yes, i know it's close to Russian enough to understand something they're saying. But doesn't close enough to study in their uni.

Yes. It's one of the three languages at which I'm fluent.

• Futurist likes this

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

Do you know Serbian?

Cool. But still let me doubt this. And let me play Sherlock Holmes here... i can easily imagine Russian person with fluent English, but with fluent Serbian? Living in SPB, you could hardly met many Serbs to raise your skills neither had any real reason to do that. Long-long ago you yourself told that despite the low income of your family, you're still studying in one of the best universities of SPB. I'm glad for you. But this low income also means you're hardly the person who often travelled to Serbia, only to spend some time with father whom you hated (according to your own words). I, for example, have some Jewish ancestry, some Jewish friends and even Jewish neighbour & still i don't know a single their word other than "shalom" since i don't need it in my everyday life.

That's what fuels my "pointless overskepticism". Yes, life is full of strange stories, but...

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,495 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I've nearly disappeared for quite a while from this forum so I think that I should post at least some semblance of an explanation of what happened.

Therefore, here it is:
I came out to my mother as trans in late March. It went seemingly smooth, but downhill after that. After some time I couldn't bear it any more and decided to run away from home. On June 1st, I ran away to Moscow where I stayed at a friend's place. I also had a risky plan on how to semi-illegally migrate to USA within less than a year (it's not something I want to talk much about, though).

But then, something that could be described as a miracle happened: my mother told my other relatives that I'm transgender and they generally accepted me far better than she did, completely contradicting all my expectations. Even my father turned out to be understanding. Thus, I soon moved to Serbia where my relatives provided me with a separate flat (they rented it).

Today, I just moved in into my father's house and my life is better than it ever was. Literally all of my relatives call me Maria and address me as female by now.

I'm sorry if this isn't too coherent, I'm just really sleepy as of the moment of writing this.

ebRYHvm.gif

• Mashallah likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Do you know Serbian?

Cool. But still let me doubt this. And let me play Sherlock Holmes here... i can easily imagine Russian person with fluent English, but with fluent Serbian? Living in SPB, you could hardly met many Serbs to raise your skills neither had any real reason to do that. Long-long ago you yourself told that despite the low income of your family, you're still studying in one of the best universities of SPB. I'm glad for you. But this low income also means you're hardly the person who often travelled to Serbia, only to spend some time with father whom you hated (according to your own words). I, for example, have some Jewish ancestry, some Jewish friends and even Jewish neighbour & still i don't know a single their word other than "shalom" since i don't need it in my everyday life.

That's what fuels my "pointless overskepticism". Yes, life is full of strange stories, but...

Jа не видим шта ниjе вероватно у овоме.

I lived in Serbia since I was 5 years old 'til I was 9 years old. My father is Serbian. A lot of my relatives are Serbian.

Why can't I be fluent at Serbian?

• Futurist and Mute like this

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Though I have to admit one thing: my Serbian vocabulary is narrow as hell and I'll have to practice it. But I'm fluent in the sense that I can speak it absolutely freely without any delays or problems until I stumble upon words that I don't know. I even mostly don't have an accent.

• Futurist likes this

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

Do you know Serbian?

What benefit would there be to her lying to us?

It's not like she is payed to say these things.

• Futurist likes this
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Though I have to admit one thing: my Serbian vocabulary is narrow as hell and I'll have to practice it. But I'm fluent in the sense that I can speak it absolutely freely without any delays or problems until I stumble upon words that I don't know. I even mostly don't have an accent.

Same situation with my Arabic. Vocabulary narrow, but grammar and accent is ace. It's why I bought an Arabic-English dictionary, but memorizing words is harder than I thought. It should be easier though to build up vocabulary when your environment is filled with the language you try to learn.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/QAlMaVYIzqw

IMPERATOR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users