Then Yuli Ban will add one last prediction.
There will be total war in Ukraine. Bombs, probably even a nuke or two, foot soldiers rushing in...
And then Russia will face open revolt. The ruble collapses completely, but this may come before the invasion. Oil prices fall to single digit amounts. China abandons Russia in their time of need.
If the US doesn't respond (I bet we won't), I can't see it escalating. We will be avoiding nuclear war at all costs. Even if we do, logistics run against Russia.
To Russians: should war break out, run. Get away from any place where there may be a major military installation nearby.
I think that there may be a war but a stretched one, which will slowly "bite" Ukraine. Also, here are some of my 2015 predictions:
- Revolution in Poland following Civic Platform winning again. (Hopefully we will have a revolution, CP are liars.)
- Hendo Hoverboard is a major disappointment. Heavy, impossible to control, special surface....and perhaps someone dies using it.
- Ebola stopped, 20-40 thousand deaths.
- Oil price 30-10$ per barrel.
- Major problems in Ukraine, minor in Russia. This year will determine if Putin will still be popular.
- ISIS expands, but has trouble in Kurdish territories.
- Memristors and Optalysys are mentioned in media, but are still just developed.
Basically, brighter than this year, more technology and politics, a beginning of The Future®