Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beyond nanotechnology, femtotechnology: hypothetical supermaterials discussion

nanotechnology technology femtotechnology picotechnology femto-engineering

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Angeltxilon

Angeltxilon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
Hello, I would like to transform this thread in an area of knowledge... about hypothetical materials.

In this thread I will expose the hypothetical materials that I know and reasons why they might exist or not exist, obviously with the intention of debating to reach a conclusion (quasi) accurate.

If you know some hypothetical material expose it, there is nothing better than providing information and disseminating knowledge.

AB Matter:

Surely many of you know what is the AB matter, atomic scale structures and filaments formed by protons and neutrons, and linked by the residual nuclear force, resulting in materials or fibers strong as the force that binds the nucleons.

I think it could not exist, because:

In the atomic nucleus (the binding of protons and neutrons) operates two major forces, the (attractive between nucleons) residual nuclear force and electromagnetism (repellent between protons).

The residual nuclear force is tens times stronger than electromagnetism, but its scope is very limited, while the field of electromagnetism is unlimited.

This means that when there are too many protons, the electromagnetic force is so strong that break the structure, it fissions.

Magmatter, monopolium, magnetic monopole-based matter, or dyonic matter:

The magnetic monopole-based matter is a hypothetical material formed by magnetic monopoles, dyons (magnetic monopoles with electrical charge) and/or other particles.

Could be exist?, Yes and no, I mean, their existence is currently not falsifiable, but hypothetically is well built (I incline to that may exist).

Why could not exist?

The magnetic monopoles and dyons are hypothetical particles with only one magnetic pole, ie, the particle is a aislated pole.

These particles are very massives, the currently particle acellerator are unable to make these.

Also, there is the possibility that these particles can be too massives, forming materials with event horizon (ie black holes), then it would be useless.

How could there exist?

There are several variants of magnetic monopole-based matter, all mimic the atomic nucleus and the chemical elements, but using magnetic forces instead of the electric force, this gives "magneto-chemical" links tens or even hundreds of times stronger than normal matter.

All variants have the same problem, which is the high density, dense as neutron degenerated matter.

http://www.frc.ri.cm...1981/monpol.mss

QCD Matter (quantum cromodynamic based-materials)

QCD matter exists, a well-known example is the quark-gluon plasma, another example is the color superconductivity (which is still in the stage of theory).

These materials are based on the gluons, the strong interaction and chromatic charge, billions or even trillions of times stronger than normal matter.

The main problem, obviously, is how to make them usable, these require temperatures of trillion degrees (where even protons explode into gluon plasma) or pressures equivalent to the core of neutron stars, I will finish here.

There are more hypothetical materials, but I don't understand how these could work or simply I haven't found much information, 
if you are interested I leave here links and names:

- Nuclear molecules.

- Technicolor matter.

- QCD matter fibers braided.

• Jakob, That-Guy and Whereas like this

Whereas

Whereas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Nice list. A few more here:

https://en.wikipedia...i/Exotic_matter

Negative matter is one I've heard of several times in contexts like: "We could only create stable wormholes if we had negative matter."

• Angeltxilon likes this

If you're wrong, how would you know it?

Angeltxilon

Angeltxilon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
Good data.

On the other hand I just found more hypothetical femto-materials (I add here because I'm not know how to edit the thread):

- Chromomagnetic monopole-based matter: the chromomagnetic monopoles are hypothetical particles with a single magnetic pole and a color charge (see strong interaction) whose existence is predicted by some theories of QCD vacuum.
If exist, would form analogous to mesons (quark-antiquark pairs) and baryons (protons and neutrons) as normal quarks.

Due of their magnetic charge could form baryons with triple north magnetic charge (for example), this means "magneto-residual" links extremely strong, more than dyonic matter.
The main disadvantage is that they may be as or more volatile than top quarks (and therefore would be useless).

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
Interesting topic. Magnetic monopoles were created synthetically in 2014 so they do exist, but it remains to be seen if this occurs with any high enough frequency in nature to do something more interesting.

http://m.phys.org/ne...pole-years.html

Other more day to day examples would be antimatter in sufficient quantities to form say galaxies with alternative antimatter life

Matter with opposite chirality compared to what we are used to

Angeltxilon

Angeltxilon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

These "synthetic monopoles" are actually analogues in normal matter, aren't true dyrac magnetic monopole particles.

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
I apologize, I merely caught the headline about a year ago. It's not my main interest. Good catch

Sabrine Crystal

Sabrine Crystal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Highly luminous materials?Imagine a city made entirely of them, the sky glow would be dazzlingly strong.

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Speaking of magnetic monopoles able to create hadronic analogues (baryons and mesons) and taking into account this article, is it possible that a charged buckyball made of magmatter can be orbited by leptons?

Imagine an atom, but whose nucleus is a charged buckyball. I wonder what would the electron orbitals look like, if they can bond similarly into such a thing.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nanotechnology, technology, femtotechnology, picotechnology, femto-engineering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users