Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Future of the Global Muslim Population

muslim muslims islam religion demographics population muslim demographics muslim population

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace

Interesting choice of words.

"Fear and Intimidation is needed in this world' = "we need rules", that's pretty much depiction of how USA justifies it's actions. Fighting for freedom everywhere outside it's borders, while giving it's citizens presents like NDAA. I really don't see americans as aware of fact that they prospered due to freedom. If that would be the case, they wouldn't let this freedom be flushed in toiled. And don't think that american wealth came from freedom. It came from overtaking big country and over 200 years of slavery.

It's strange how badly americans know their history. Believing that their wealth came from freedom, covinced that it was always "In god we trust" as their motto... It really looks like Orwell's Animal Farm

Wrong, the UK at the time was the superpower even 50 years after the abolishment of slavery.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
What you said does not contradict what I said.
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace
America was a superpower because of Britian waging war (Mainly WWI) and its withdrawal from colonialism. The fact that America had vast reserves of fossil fuels and other natural resources, and the fact that it wasn't a colony might have lead to the growth not an industry that contribted less than 5% of the GDP and made certian individuals rich.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

GNR Rvolution

GNR Rvolution

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLondon

According to Truthiness any form of enforcing laws is so called fear so that's all I meant by saying fear and intimidation is needed in this world especially with counties not willing to follow international law!

Actually I think that what Truthiness was referring to was not that law enforcement = fear and intimidation (in fact he doesn't mention the word law in his post), but that the way in which countries enforce their sovereignty can embody a degree of intimidation. The missile shield in Eastern Europe was a good example, as was the Star Wars program in the eighties, it is reaching beyond national borders and intimating that we can prevent you from striking (or striking back) at us employs an element of intimidation.

The concept of law is to lay down a moral code by which certain acts are considered illegal, and the enforcement deals with the consequences of breaking that law. But the interpretation of what is considered moral / immoral and therefore what is illegal is down to the country in question. No doubt many laws in the US (or most other countries) conform to a common standard (enforcement withstanding) but each country has it's own take on certain laws (for example the legalisation or decriminalisation of Cannabis).

And international law is a joke at best. Take the ICC, the US is not even signed up to that, I really have never figured out why....
All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

how not to think like an American in 3 minutes...

Edited by Zeitgeist123, 08 January 2012 - 04:30 PM.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

GNR Rvolution

GNR Rvolution

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLondon
A little OTT but I guess it does illustrate the point that what separates a terrorist group from a 'legitimate' political group is law. Law dictates whether their actions are illegal or legal, regardless of the nature of the action. When a country goes to war, it does so with the backing of law, either national or international, but what a terrorist does is considered unlawful because no-one backs the action from a legal perspective, or certainly no-one that matters.
All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl
Group blasts Gingrich for limiting hires to Muslims who renounce Shariah law:

The largest Muslim civil liberties group in the United States on Wednesday condemned Newt Gingrich for saying he would only hire Muslims to his administration if they renounced the use of Islam's Shariah law as a tool for U.S. government.

http://www.foxnews.c...ah-law/#content

If I am not mistaken, Modern Day Muslims are supposed to be against Shariah Law right? Newt, won't win but what's wrong with his idea? This is the whole basis for the pro-Muslims debate on here. If they won't give up Shariah Law, that's pretty serious.

Edited by jjf3, 18 January 2012 - 08:01 PM.

"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationSlocan Park, BC
My dad told me that this video here is over exaggerated BS and racist anti-muslim propaganda.

I agree with him but I feel that http://features.pewf...lation-graphic/ is a bit of an underestimation. I think by the 2050's the Muslim population in Europe will be somewhere in between. Like 25-30% let's say.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

My dad told me that this video here is over exaggerated BS and racist anti-muslim propaganda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

I agree with him but I feel that http://features.pewf...lation-graphic/ is a bit of an underestimation. I think by the 2050's the Muslim population in Europe will be somewhere in between. Like 25-30% let's say.

That video is fake, it say some true things but it is mostly anti-Islam propaganda.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Tell me boy, what is alot? What is your source?

Ooh, shit's goin down

I never understand why two people in an argument almost always end up taking such polar opposite views. It never really seems to come to a middle-ground, just an angry rant.

The muslim religion is different to neo-christianity.

No, not all muslims are bad, the proportion of muslim extremists is an incorrect term in itself. They are not extremists because of being Muslim, their leadership uses their belief of islam to brainwash 'them'.

The middle east is a dangerous place and in Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq and other countries, you would probably be murdered by very devout and extreme muslims. Their religion dictates their lives and their dictators dictate their religion. It's a political corruption guised as a religious one.

Muslims spreading throughout the western world terrifies many but it shouldn't. If two very devout muslim parents send their child to a christian/atheist school, then the child will definitely lose extreme views upon entering their teens. During your teen years, your brain rewires and you have a brief period of time where you are very capable of taking on totally new views independent of your parents. I know, over the past few years my views on almost everything have totally changed, and I am 16. While the number of ethnically muslim people throughout europe, australia and north america may grow, that has absolutely nothing to do with the number of extremists in these countries. Only isolationist groups pose any kind of danger.

I tottaly agree with your statement I underline. However, history teaches that when Muslims grow in numbers in some locationthan they want to set their own rules and claim independent states. Look at Kosovo for example.

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
Look at the description for that video:

Islam will overwhelm Christendom unless Christians recognize the demographic realities, begin reproducing again, and share the gospel with Muslims.

Seems very unbiased and scientific.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Look at the description for that video:

Islam will overwhelm Christendom unless Christians recognize the demographic realities, begin reproducing again, and share the gospel with Muslims.

Seems very unbiased and scientific.

That used to happen in Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina until the war started.

Sorok

Sorok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationQuebec
I would just like to interject here on a couple points... First, as an American, I can totally understand the feeling of extremist Muslims being problematic for the safety of various established western civilizations, including those in North America. However, what I don't agree with is waging war on them. War breeds war. Period. This will NEVER solve the perceived "problem" ongoing globally. Any objective person who takes only a few minutes to analyze the situation in various extremist hotspots middle east should be able to identify the main cause of extremism, and in doing so, one should also be able to identify possible solutions which DO NOT include war. I firmly believe that the roots of ANY extremist belief lie in massive hardship, personal loss, and lack of education... whether it be Muslim extremism or for that matter any whacked out cult you may find in the US. Ever notice how crazy religious cults in our own country always prey (recruit) on people who seem to be down on their luck. Even not-so-extremist religions such as Jehovah Witnesses pass door-to-door during the daytime, when most unemployed people are sitting at home, down on their luck. In various countries in the middle east, especially those places where dictatorial regimes keep their populations in extreme poverty, the lack of education, natural resources and financial inequality have all been huge contributing factors towards recruiting new members. Countries such as Yemen, Afghanistan, and Libya are all classic examples of these socioeconomic problems. Further to that, when you add the life expectancy in these countries (below 50 yrs old), then personal loss of family becomes another paramount factor in recruiting for extremism....exactly the same way religious cults in our own backyard recruit new members. So, to analyze the consequences of our actions....if we continue to bomb countries with terrorists, and or ,Muslim extremists, all we are really doing is destroying what little infrastructure they have to build an economy, destroying any chances that younger generations will receive a proper education and that that education will almost certainly be biased against the bombers, plus we are adding to the already staggering statistics of personal loss suffered by Muslim families living in these countries. However...if we worked harder to find ways to IMPROVE the standard of living in these countries then by default, the extremists would have much less propaganda to spew out to ignorant citizens. Of course, there are serious roadblocks to being able to solve these issues. Apart from oil, which is controlled by the powerful few, these countries have virtually NOTHING to offer our capitalistic society, therefore no one wants to invest in these countries. We did find a super-huge chunck of lithium in Afghanistan, but since we stormed the country, we just took it. We did not trade for it. Anyway, this was just my two cents. Ignorance and grief is what feeds these extremist organizations. It worked for Bush, and it certainly worked for Bin Laden.
"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future"

Ewolf20

Ewolf20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationColumbia,sc
Too be honest with you guys, the reason I don't like Islam or Christianity is because their shit. It of all the religions to ban into a obliio, I want to pick them simply for the atrocities they've caused. Don't want Buddhism to go away, I don't want Taoism to go away, I don't want shintoism to go away. Leave them be, they did no wrong.
It makes me feel wary of the expanding Muslim population in Europe but hey at least a few give up their religion after all the crap they been through.

SpaceGeek

SpaceGeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The Muslim population in Europe as a percentage of total population (excluding Turkey)

1990: 4%

2010: 6%

2030: 8%

2050: 10%

That's still a substantial increase in the proportion of Muslims (50% in 40 years), but nowhere near Eurabia levels. The only country in Europe which have any chance of reaching Muslim majority status is Macedonia. The refugees don't change this. The EU has a population of 500 million and even if they were to take in all 4.8 million Syrian refugees (assuming all of them were Muslim) it wouldn't make a dent in the demographics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: muslim, muslims, islam, religion, demographics, population, muslim demographics, muslim population

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users