Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paris terror attacks

terrorism suicide bomber Paris Europe death

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,624 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

'Shootings' reported in central Paris: Reports of shooting and casualties in central Paris 

Here's what's on the subreddit
https://www.reddit.c...ris_reports_of/
Courtesy of orion4321

First pictures of the site
Allegedly two shootings
3 explosions outside of Stade de France - these were apparently grenades thrown source
Live stream, they are interviewing a witness here http://www.france24.com/en/livefeed/
10 people dead or seriously injured laying on the street according to BBC cameraman
Police and Army are shooting now
No one allowed to leave Stade de France now, (it is where President of France was also at the time)
Video at the restaurant after the shooting, from France 24
Hollande has been evacuated from the stadium
witness twitter account!
From @France24: Now reports of an explosion in another area of Paris. It's not clear if that's linked to shooting at the Paris cafe.
BREAKING: 3RD SHOOT-OUT IN PARIS. 12 PEOPLE WOUNDED OR DEAD IN THE STREETS.
Several roads were cut by security forces in #Paris. Ambulances evacuating wounded victims now.. (PICTURES)
Picture of 6 bodies lying on the street
french special forces (RAID) are preparing for an assault now. 11th district is locked
liberation news paper has a journalist on site
22:32, France24 is interviewing a witness again, she says she doubts there was just one person, she heard 25-30 shots
another witness twitter account, they are still at the scene
BBC reports at least 10 dead
BREAKING :At least 18 dead in Paris attacks - AFP citing police
what the hell? suicide attack being reported, i dont know if it is true but i will link. 2 suicide attacks, one on forecourt of Stade de France, another nearby" according to Trade Union Alliance on @LCI
CNN affiliate in France saying 18 killed in restaurant shooting alone.
#BREAKING Hostages taken at Paris Bataclan concert hall, police say
Video of aftermath of the explosions
ambulance/police convoys responding
telegraph reports there are casualties at stade de france (i heard it on france24 live stream)
PARIS POLICE: TWO SUICIDE ATTACKS NEAR STADE DE FRANCE; several injured
map of attacks in paris
student witness accounts, someone screaming allahu akbar source is liberation newspaper
30 dead according to breaking3zero quoting AFP
Around 60 people said to be inside #Bataclan concert hall in hostage situation
france24 reports that police found a dismembered body near the explosion (from the lvie stream)
gas cannisters with nails and bolts were said to be detonated outside of the stadium
AP now reports 26 dead
usatoday photos from paris
PHOTO: French military deployed on the streets of #Paris as a large scale terror attack is taking place
40 plus dead now
I recommend visiting live stream found here, will update quicker than me.
active firefight with police at 23:37
I won't be updating this comment any more, but will contribute to the live thread which can be found athttps://www.reddit.c...ve/vwwnkuplwr9y

Right now, 60 confirmed dead.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,624 posts

''CNN reporting that terrorists inside theater are slaughtering hostages one by one.''

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,624 posts

The reported 100 hostages inside the Bataclan are being slaughtered one by one with a shotgun for over an hour, according to various reports.

live streaming Shooting and Explosions in Paris

NSFL

https://twitter.com/...291721346019328

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

This is insane.  There is so much anger in this world..

• wjfox, Yuli Ban, Futurist and 4 others like this

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
Barbarians
  • wjfox, Yuli Ban, Futurist and 2 others like this

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland
This attack is so pointless. What does it achieve? Only violence and even more hatred. :(
  • wjfox, Yuli Ban, Futurist and 1 other like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,624 posts

This attack is so pointless. What does it achieve? Only violence and even more hatred. :(

That's the point. That's why they're called "terrorists." Violence for the aim.

• Futurist, Tina and Infinite like this

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

That's the point. That's why they're called "terrorists." Violence for the aim.

It's despicable. I'm watching the news now and I see injured people being taken into ambulances, and I wonder if these terrorists find it funny? Does this appeal to them? It's sadistic and insults the human race as a whole.

Ps. Good job on this topic/thread.
  • Yuli Ban likes this

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationUK
What happened in Paris is a terrible thing, but let's keep in mind that this is what the people of the Muslim world endure every single day under never-ending imperialist war. This is what it's like under US/British/Canadian/Israeli/etc occupation and bombing in Libya, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen and Pakistan all the time. This is the imperialist West's chickens coming home to roost. You export violence all over the world, you get violence back in return. It's just unfortunate that it has to be ordinary working-class people to suffer the consequences of their imperialist rulers' crimes. It's also unfortunate that, for many people, it's only worth paying attention to when the war comes home, it only matters when people in the imperialist countries get attacked. Millions of Muslims have been killed by imperialism, multiple nations have been completely destroyed by imperialism, and Westerners don't care, but one attack happens in an imperialist metropole and only then is it called a tragedy. Everywhere else, it's called "collateral damage". I know it seems insensitive, especially given how recent and shocking this attack is, but I just thought it was important to say this.
  • SG-1, Yuli Ban, Futurist and 3 others like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,624 posts

What happened in Paris is a terrible thing, but let's keep in mind that this is what the people of the Muslim world endure every single day under never-ending imperialist war. This is what it's like under US/British/Canadian/Israeli/etc occupation and bombing in Libya, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen and Pakistan all the time. This is the imperialist West's chickens coming home to roost. You export violence all over the world, you get violence back in return. It's just unfortunate that it has to be ordinary working-class people to suffer the consequences of their imperialist rulers' crimes. It's also unfortunate that, for many people, it's only worth paying attention to when the war comes home, it only matters when people in the imperialist countries get attacked. Millions of Muslims have been killed by imperialism, multiple nations have been completely destroyed by imperialism, and Westerners don't care, but one attack happens in an imperialist metropole and only then is it called a tragedy. Everywhere else, it's called "collateral damage". I know it seems insensitive, especially given how recent and shocking this attack is, but I just thought it was important to say this.

Actually, I was just thinking about this, and that's why I said that we need a technostist order. If we spread food and resources, rather than droppin' bombs, we'd prolly have a MUCH better world right now.

It's like Michael Franti said— you can bomb to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace.

• joe00uk likes this

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationUK
I dread to think of the sheer magnitude of Islamophobia that will erupt (yet again). There will be many Muslim victims of this attack all across the world over the next few days and weeks. I'm lucky I even have that option of "not thinking" about it; for many people, this 'exit' option (another white privilege) doesn't exist and they have no escape from the brutality coming their way very soon.
  • Futurist likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

May all of the victims of these Paris terrorist attacks Rest in Peace. :(

Also, I would like to point out that ISIS is going to literally get wiped off of the map if it continues to launch such terrorist attacks in the West.

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
Yeah, I would like to use an analogy of not painting the whole picture with one brush. For example, many around the world look to our country and say, "Why don't you kick out those right wing nutters out of power that are ruining your economy, the environment, and who are removing civil liberties?" From an outsider perspective, it would like appeasement, capitulation, or submission to those people, but the real dynamics behind the scene are more complex. For example, ISIS is not motivated by scripture, but rather by buying and selling women as sexual currency just like a televangelist is not motivated by scripture, but by his greed or Mitt Romney not by an indelible belief in free markets, but by his own ego.

P.S.

That was in response to joeuk, futurist was too quick to respond!

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationUK

Yeah, I would like to use an analogy of not painting the whole picture with one brush. For example, many around the world look to our country and say, "Why don't you kick out those right wing nutters out of power that are ruining your economy, the environment, and who are removing civil liberties?" From an outsider perspective, it would like appeasement or submission to those people, but the real dynamics behind the scene are more complex. For example, ISIS is not motivated by scripture, but rather by buying and selling women as sexual currency just like a televangelist is not motivated by scripture, but by his greed or Mitt Romney not by an indelible belief in free markets, but by his own ego.
P.S.
That was in response to joeuk, futurist was too quick to respond!

That's kind of confusing, I don't really see how it relates to my post.

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
The same people who are southern racists in the United States would be violent extremists if they had been born in a third world country.
  • joe00uk likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,624 posts

Also, I would like to point out that ISIS is going to literally get wiped off of the map if it continues to launch such terrorist attacks in the West.

Did you know they've threatened Russia? Yeah. Gonna see how that one goes.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Did you know they've threatened Russia? Yeah. Gonna see how that one goes.

Yes, of course I know this. After all, ISIS is the one who blew up that Russian plane, correct? Also, though, I am unsure that Russia actually has the nerve for a large-scale military occupation of Syria and the Sunni-majority parts of Iraq.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,987 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I dread to think of the sheer magnitude of Islamophobia that will erupt (yet again). There will be many Muslim victims of this attack all across the world over the next few days and weeks.

that was the entire point. This isn't just for the shits and giggles. People like this do things like this because it's the fastest and most brutal way possible to draw a line and force people to pick a side. Islamophobia resulting from this will make victimisers and victims of people who yesterday had no quarrel with each other. Then you will have the protective arms of your fellows to go to, after which it's a world with no moderates. Simple teams, pick one and fight those that do not support your team. Broad brushes are taken out to paint the us and them naratives.

Make no mistake these things are the result of people who believe that it is their sacred duty to usher in a new war/crusade to bring about the dominance of their own ideology.

• Yuli Ban, Unity and joe00uk like this
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Humans sure as hell don't know what is best for themselves.

They give in to the temptations of strong feelings too easily.

Yoda said something about this, much to his frustration -

"Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

• Yuli Ban and Infinite like this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

Here should be my condolences to the people of France... but no, i'm not going to write such post. Very recently, this same "people of France" did not see anything wrong in making fun on this:

Spoiler

...so, let's be honest, after such caricatures i feel nothing but malicious satisfaction. Are you liked jokes, France? It seems, the History itself also likes them:

Spoiler

And, let me guess, this is not the end. Given the current cource of events, these attacks will soon become routine (few times per year or more).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: terrorism, suicide bomber, Paris, Europe, death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users