Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paris terror attacks

terrorism suicide bomber Paris Europe death

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.
Paris attacks: Bataclan and other assaults leave many dead

14 November 2015

France has declared a national state of emergency and tightened borders after at least 120 people were killed in a night of gun and bomb attacks in Paris.

Eighty people were reported killed after gunmen burst into the Bataclan concert hall and took hostages before security forces stormed the hall.

People were shot dead at restaurants and bars at five other sites in Paris. Eight attackers are reported killed.

These are the deadliest attacks in Europe since the 2004 Madrid bombings.

French President Francois Hollande, visibly shaken, called Friday night's events "a horror" and vowed to wage a "merciless" fight against terrorism.

Paris saw three days of attacks in early January, when Islamist gunmen murdered 18 people after attacking satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, a Jewish supermarket and a policewoman on patrol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-34814203

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Update to:

Here should be my condolences to the people of France... but no, i'm not going to write such post. Very recently, this same "people of France" did not see anything wrong in making fun on this:

(another ugly picture from Charle Hebdo)

...so, let's be honest, after such caricatures i feel nothing but malicious satisfaction.

Not only me, as it turned out... this kind of folk art was predictable (though i didn't expect so soon):

Spoiler

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK
Yeah, Charlie Hebdo is disgusting and extremely racist. Je ne suis pas Charlie.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

Hollande statement:

"What happened yesterday in Paris and in Saint Denis is an act of war and this country needs to make the right decisions to fight this war. This act committed by the terrorist army, Islamic State, is against who we are, against a free country that speaks to the whole world.

It is an act of war prepared and planned outside, with outside involvement which this investigation will seek to establish. It is an act of absolute barbarism. France will be ruthless in its response to Islamic State.

At this painful and serious time, which is such a decisive one for our country, I call for unity, for a collective spirit and for cool heads. I will address Parliament at Versailles on Monday.

France is strong, and even if she is wounded, she will rise once again. Even if we are in grief, nothing will destroy her.

France is strong, valiant and will defeat this barbarism. History reminds us of this and the strength we today bear to come together convinces us of this.

My compatriots, what we defend is our homeland and much more than that, it is our own values of humanity and France will bear its responsibilities."

There has been some talk of France possibly invoking article 5 of the NATO treaty, the language above would somewhat justify that possibility. 

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

Where are these "sources" he speaks of?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts
  • LocationLondon

Kyrie, please don't create new threads when one already exists. I've merged your thread with the original.

• joe00uk likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts
  • LocationLondon

my advice would be to stay out of the European capitals for the next two months.

Bit difficult when I live and work here. :(

Edit: Security will be much tighter now anyway. And besides, why should we change our lifestyles? If we do that, the terrorists have already won. I say fuck 'em and just carry on as normal.

• Yuli Ban and voluntaryist like this

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I'm concerned governments will use this as an excuse to crack down and make it impossible to move through our own countries

and take away more of our freedoms.

• voluntaryist likes this

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Shame on liberals for being obsessed with violating property rights and stigmatizing legitimate self-defense, thereby enabling yet another gun massacre in yet another country where such things are supposedly prevented from happening by strict gun control laws.  

Shame on conservatives for being obsessed with the alleged virtues of faith-based thinking, according to whom believing that which what you want to be true is something to be lauded and peacefully countering such thinking (such as via the efforts of Dawkins and the New Atheists) is something to be condemned.    

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

''CNN reporting that terrorists inside theater are slaughtering hostages one by one.''

I find it profoundly sad that not one of the victims was able to kill these irrational bastards in self-defense.  

• Jakob likes this

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

Shame on liberals for being obsessed with violating property rights

Liberals uphold capitalist property "rights"...

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

What happened in Paris is a terrible thing, but let's keep in mind that this is what the people of the Muslim world endure every single day under never-ending imperialist war. This is what it's like under US/British/Canadian/Israeli/etc occupation and bombing in Libya, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen and Pakistan all the time. This is the imperialist West's chickens coming home to roost. You export violence all over the world, you get violence back in return. It's just unfortunate that it has to be ordinary working-class people to suffer the consequences of their imperialist rulers' crimes. It's also unfortunate that, for many people, it's only worth paying attention to when the war comes home, it only matters when people in the imperialist countries get attacked. Millions of Muslims have been killed by imperialism, multiple nations have been completely destroyed by imperialism, and Westerners don't care, but one attack happens in an imperialist metropole and only then is it called a tragedy. Everywhere else, it's called "collateral damage". I know it seems insensitive, especially given how recent and shocking this attack is, but I just thought it was important to say this.

As an anarchist, I'm obviously against imperialism, but this imperialism is hardly the sole cause of Muslim barbarism, which long predates Western hegemony.  Women and homosexuals were treated like garbage, and non-Muslim populations were attacked without provocation, long before the rise of the West.  

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Shame on liberals for being obsessed with violating property rights

Liberals uphold capitalist property "rights"...

They want to invade the privacy of the home and dictate what items one may not possess, despite said items not being used to ever harm any human or non-human.  

• Jakob likes this

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

They want to invade the privacy of the home and dictate what items one may not possess, despite said items not being used to ever harm any human or non-human.  

Hmm, yes, okay. I suppose I was just a little confused about what rights you were referring to.

As an anarchist, I'm obviously against imperialism, but this imperialism is hardly the sole cause of Muslim barbarism, which long predates Western hegemony.  Women and homosexuals were treated like garbage, and non-Muslim populations were attacked without provocation, long before the rise of the West.  

Yes, but the rise in extremism is a reaction to the encroaching West. Before the 1980s (with US and Soviet interventions in Afghanistan), such Islamic extremists were virtually unheard of by the vast majority of people. Even until 2001, it wasn't really a hot topic.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Communist-Libertarian battle of the shit posters. Never read that before.

Anyways, I think the attacks are an attempt by ISIS to get more people to their cause. Apparently one of the militants is to believed to have been from the migrant crossing [src]. Terrorists rely on government reaction, and this is an attempt to create an anti-islamic environment in Europe. In an anti-islamic environment, more young Muslims are more likely to radicalize and join their cause. If France retaliates by attacking ISIS in Iraq & Syria much more vigorously, I'm sure we'll also see propaganda of collateral damage.

EDIT:

I don't think they'll stop until governments become harsher on the refugees, especially before the start of winter.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/QAlMaVYIzqw

IMPERATOR!

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Yeah, Charlie Hebdo is disgusting and extremely racist. Je ne suis pas Charlie.

I think that murdering people for expressing themselves is far more disgusting.  

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Yes, it's rather absurd that this should happen on, of all things, a thread about a terrorist attack.

I don't think they'll stop until governments become harsher on the refugees, especially before the start of winter.

And, yes, Europe's borders never should have been so open. It'll eventually cause even worse problems than it has thus far.

• Outlook likes this

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

In this context, is a "shit poster" a poster who is shit, or one who posts shit?

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

In this context, is a "shit poster" a poster who is shit, or one who posts shit?

It's whoever Outlook disagrees with.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

Yes, it's rather absurd that this should happen on, of all things, a thread about a terrorist attack.

Err... what? We weren't even having a Communism vs Libertarianism debate...... What we were (very briefly, might I add) discussing is relevant to the topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: terrorism, suicide bomber, Paris, Europe, death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users