Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My new, improved timeline of the future

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

I think he has stopped with this timeline.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts

I haven't, I'm just busy ATM. I'll be continuing out to 2500 at least.

In fact, just today, I was planning out the shape of things in the late 3rd millennium.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

I haven't, I'm just busy ATM. I'll be continuing out to 2500 at least.

In fact, just today, I was planning out the shape of things in the late 3rd millennium.

Ok sorry I the thread was inactive for a couple days so I thought you stopped.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

Yay, 6k views!

2440 to 2459

2440. Attotechnology has become a viable field. It involves manipulation of matter at scales even smaller than the subatomic—manipulating the properties of subatomic particles and manipulating individual fundamental particles, like quarks. These scales are too small for material tools to be used, so various forces and energy fields are used instead.

2441. Zone 4 worlds begin opening up to colonization. These are the most distant human-inhabited worlds yet, occupying the area between 150 and 225 light years from Sol. Several more life-bearing planets are discovered, each adding seveal million species to the species catalogs.

2445. Biological humans are beginning to make a comback by this year, and the percentage of humans who eschew transhuman powers begins rising. The main reason for this is the stunning advances provided by Artificially Directed Evolution, allowing biologicals to almost (but not completely) catch up with transhumans in some respects. A sort of Purist Revival—a sense of pride in being completely unagumented—arises; among transhumans, techno-nomadism briefly becomes popular again.

2447. Another development in Artificially Directed Evolution begins with the invention of the neurocomputer. Essentially, this is a procedure which—when completed in a few generations—will result in the structure of the brain itself being heavily modified to become more computationally powerful, yet also more efficient, not wasting resources on redundant tasks.

2448. It has been known for nearly a century that True Telepaths—of which there are now tens of thousands—are formed from both genetic and environmental factors. At last, geneticists unlock the genetic factor, allowing anyone synthesized from this point on to potentially be one. Interestingly, a body transfer appears to be associated with a high risk of losing this ability, often leading to depression on top of the lack of socialization already seen.

2450. An Anti-Expansionist movement in Zone 2 erupts into violent conflict across multiple solar systems. The Anti-Expansionists have decided to start culling people in their effort to weaken humanity and limit its potential, and with their resources—they number in the millions and have spies inside RIA, the Quantumnet Commission, and other government agencies—they manage to cause considerable death and destruction. Within days IPSF forces arrive by the millions to bomb Anti-Expansionist strongholds from orbit, while the IPAF attempts to fight its way down to the surface.

2452. Gravity shielding and gravity cloaking are developed, providing some resistance to gravitational weapons and gravity detectors. This creates a new generation of cloaking and leads to research into a new generation of detection devices.

2454. The Anti-Expansionist Conflict ends, with a victory for the IPR. The leaders are executed, their liutenants are incarcerated indefinitely at Gorgoroth, and the Anti-Expansionist movement dies a quiet death.

2455. Quantum Energy Transmission continues to be improved. By this point, the Interstellar Grid is up and running across dozens of worlds, providing instantaneous power transmission between them.

2457. True telepaths continue to grow in numbers, and after a century, their abilities have grown greatly. Some telepaths have gained the ability to communicate with non-telepaths (who still make up the vast maority of people) or androids; others even gain the ability to telepathically communicate with Oxshenians, or certain other higher animals. Others can alter their perception to, say, gain a "God's-eye view" of an area, or even connect with other telepaths on an ever-deeper level.

2459. The first safe interplanetary wormholes are demonstrated, in Zone 4 so that if anything goes wrong, it won't wreck heavily populated worlds. However, it appears to (at least thus far) be relatively safe, though still riskier and more expensive than interstellar wormholes.

• Spacekitty, Infinite and As We Rise like this

As We Rise

As We Rise

Matthew 24:12, NIV

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

About time!

• Jakob and Spacekitty like this

As We Rise

As We Rise

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

How far are you planning on going, Jakob?

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

I think he said he is going until the 3000's

As We Rise

As We Rise

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I hope so.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

How far are you planning on going, Jakob?

I think he said he is going until the 3000's

I will go until I either run out of time/energy to add updates, or until people transcend space and time to become literal gods. Thus I will probably do the 26th century, and possibly go as far as tens of thousands of years into the future.

2460 to 2479

2460. Things begin quieting down in the outer zones, thanks largely to the extra security provided by Planetary Supercomputers, as well as an increase in IPAF forces. While the IPAF and IPSF continue to remain somewhat overstretched, this is not as much of a problem now as it was in the first half of the century. Thus the Silver Age of Humanity begins.

2462. The population of Terra peaks at slightly more than 26 billion, almost all of them in colossal arcologies. From this year onward, people will migrate from Terra to other planets and stars at a faster rate than they are being created. A quarter of a billion or so still reside in traditional cities, and maybe half as many still reside in rural areas. The human population still continues to grow of course, at around 40% per century—one of the core beliefs of Innovationism is that more minds lead to more advancement, and more advancement leads to more power.

2466. 450 years from today, the political goings-on of the Interplanetary Republic have become extremely...complicated. The political and economic issues faced would be difficult to explain to an average person from the 21st century, who might not even notice that there are political and economic issues at first glance. Political viewpoints have diversified greatly—for instance, more than sixty parties are represented at the planetary and interplanetary levels, and terms such as "liberal", "conservative", "libertarian", or "authoritarian" are far too vague and simplistic to have any meaning at all, except in a historical context, or when trying to explain politics to very young children. It's just as full of thorny and divisive issues as now—obviously; a world where everyone got along perfectly would be boring and static—but they tend to be more subtle and nuanced than today.

2469. Nuclear force bombs have increased in power to the point where one can physically disassemble an entire planet. However, the chain reaction required for such destruction is a "slow-burn" reaction that takes many years to complete, so quick-action bombs that "only" leave a hundred-mile crater and destroy the biosphere are not obsolete. They are, however, rarely used, and are mostly stockpiled in arsenals in the event of an apocalyptic conflict against aliens.

2470. Innovationist political and economic systems are now widespread across the stars, nearly half a century after Seloc Bakoj created the philosophy. A couple of Innovationists have been elected to the Interplanetary Council, and the philosophy as a whole is maturing; it has become deep and broad enough to gain a wide body of literature associated with it, and even several branches.

2471. Decentralized Quantum Energy Transmission becomes possible for the first time, with individual devices now being able to instantaneously transmit energy to each other, effectively ending the concept of the power grid, at least for everyday consumers.

2472. Consumer-grade Molecular Assemblers have miniaturized to the point that the bulky Replicator machines have, after nearly 300 years, become obsolete. Industrial-scale replicators and military-grade replicators, however, still have their uses, and will nearly the next thousand years.

2475. The newest buildings under construction are largely of a practically-minded design, with a great emphasis on function over form. Such buildings seem boxy and austere compared to Crystalline or Nature-era buildings—in fact, they hearken back to the Glass-And-Nanotube Era—but they are more efficient to construct, and every bit as huge and gravity-defying.

2475. Terraforming is making significant progress on the major Jovian and Saturnian moons of Europa, Callisto, and Titan, with the introduction of substantial atmospheres (or, in Titan's case, the oxygenation of the atmosphere) and the raising of planetary temperatures. This is causing the crust to melt in many cases, so plans are underway to engineer artificial continents.

2478. Apollo, in the Alpha Centauri system, is itself making great leaps and bounds in terraforming. To celebrate this, a consortium of Innovationists, headed by Seloc Bakoj, begin building the largest arcology in history there—when finished, it will be capable of housing up to 40 million people and tower more than 10 kilometers into the air. This arcology will be a Temple of sorts, not a religious temple, but a temple to science and innovation, open to all innovators and creators to come and live and create things under the patronage of Bakoj's consortium.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

What happended to those Aliens you discovered? Also when will humans meet a real functioning civilization (stronger or weaker then humans) i would really be interested in a war that happens and you could discribe it in the timeline.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

What happended to those Aliens you discovered? Also when will humans meet a real functioning civilization (stronger or weaker then humans) i would really be interested in a war that happens and you could discribe it in the timeline.

I'm already planning one. As for the Oxshenians? They're just quietly existing and rebuilding their population in the background on Oxsheni and a few other worlds; the lack of physical or psychological similarity to humans makes it difficult and often unrewarding to interact closely.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

I'm already planning one. As for the Oxshenians? They're just quietly existing and rebuilding their population in the background on Oxsheni and a few other worlds; the lack of physical or psychological similarity to humans makes it difficult and often unrewarding to interact closely.

Ok thanks.

As We Rise

As We Rise

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Ah, there's that timeline that I love. 

• Jakob likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

2480 to 2499

2480. Well over 200 years have passed since the terraforming of Venus begun, and notable progress is being made. The temperature is down to 130 Celsius and the pressure is down to 12 atmospheres, allowing the first microscopic life to be introduced on the surface, not counting the several million human and android colonists who insisted on coming and building domed cities before the terraforming was complete. The main thing left to do is to increase the planet's speed of rotation, and work begins on this with the help of colossal machines at the poles and in Venus orbitspace.

2483. On Apollo, the Temple is completed, and it is as wonderous as its creators envisioned. Almost immediately, it begins to fill up with the greatest scientists, mathematicians, inventors, scholars, writers, artists, and philosphers from all over the stars. These people (and androids, and even a handful of Oxshenians) are glad to have a place where they can pursue their fields without being distracted by worldly matters. The Temple will singlehandedly cause Apollo to become a shining beacon of scienctific and cultural wealth for centuries to come.

2484. Paraterraforming is complete on the major Uranian and Neptunian moons, as well as Pluto. Full terraforming could likely be done, using heat from geothermal energy and QET, but there aren't any entrepreneurs who are particularly interested in doing so. In general the frontier is all but gone in the Solar System; nearly every scrap of land, every ball of rock or ice, has been claimed by some person or corporation. Even beyond the Sol system, this is happening in some Zone 1 worlds. Apollo is densely settled, with a population of 450 million and virtually every part of Alpha Centauri Ab (aka lava planet Hades) has mining operations. Human habitation occurs across every part of Gaia and Arrakis. Tau Ceti b, c, and d have fewer actual colonists (being very close to their star and all), but many mining colonies, and Tau Ceti d is undergoing terraforming under the name Ios (after the Ios family, who is funding the venture). Epsilon Eridani b and its moons continue to serve as IPSF headquarters, but numerous mining vessels (both private and public) ply the asteroid belts of the Epsilon Eridani system. And so on.

2486. The age of majority falls again, this time from 14 to either 12 or 13, depending on the planet. This is mainly because nearly a century and a half of Artificially Directed Evolution has halved the time it takes to reach both physical and intellectual maturity. In future centuries, it is hoped, childhood will be reduced to a negligible period so that people can begin creating and innovating almost immediately after creation.

2487. Every inhabited world now has a Planetary Supercomputer of its own, making the administration of the Interplanetary vastly more efficient than it was a century ago. The completion of this system is considered by later historians to be one of the highlights of the Silver Age.

2489. This is the first year where no non-synthetic births are recorded outside of Luddite Reservations, though of course, over 150 million babies are made by synthetic means in this year. This year is a relatively anomalous one, though; both 2488 and 2490 saw between 10 and 15 "old-fashioned" births. But still, it signals the beginning of the end of primitiveness in many peoples' minds.

2490. The rumblings of independance movements begin on various worlds in the Middle, Outer, and Outermost systems, with millions of people getting involved in protests. Most of these protests are nonviolent, but not all are; several have attempted to attack government installations.

2491. Half of all people are now millionaires by 2016 standards. This is mainly due to Innovationism, centuries of an education system geared towards thinking and innovating (thus making money), and the vast wealth of opportunities across the stars.

2494. For the past 400 years, most antimatter has been scraped from the radiation belts of planets, or from industrial processes. Now, however, with a mastery of attotechnology and the regulation of radioactive decay, it becomes practical to synthesize antimatter in reasonable quantities. This is mainly done by forcing particles to decay into antiparticles, which are then collected by a sort of electromagnetic net for use in other proccesses. This procedure is extremely expensive, but is just barely economical to do.

2496. While the genetic factor to true telepaths has been known for decades, it is only now that the major environmental factors to their creation is discovered. Because of this, the number of true telepaths will increase spectacularly in the coming decades and centuries.

2499. Even though it has been less than 60 years since Zone 4 was opened, the Interplanetary Republic and the Interstellar Wormhole Network agree to open up Zone 5 to colonization. The Zone 5 worlds are naturally even more distant, occupying the zone of 225 to 300 light years from Sol. This move is pretty controversial, especially considering the recent independance movements, the already overstretched military and police forces, and the fact that Zones 3 and 4 are not yet fully colonized. However, dozens of interplanetary and interstellar trading coalitions, as well as numerous quadrillionaires and quintillionaires have pushed for expansion, causing the ISWN to open up Zone 5.

• As We Rise likes this

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

I have a feeling Zone 6 or 7 is where they will find the Aliens....

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

THE WORLD IN 2500

The third milennium is now half-over, and for many people, it is a time of extensive reflection on how far humans have come in the past century, half-milennium, and milennium.

There are now roughly 20 billion people in space, including 5.3 billion people beyond the Solar System. Apollo and Gaia boast populations of more than half a billion each (more than the entire extrasolar population a century ago), and a handful of other extrasolar worlds have more than 100 million people. The most distant manned outpost is at a Zone 5 red dwarf star 232 light years from Sol; orbiting the star are an ice planet, a carbon planet, and a gas giant with nine small moons.

Closer to home, Mars continues to be the most populous non-Terran world, with about 4 billion people, while Luna is in second place, with 3.2 billion and the terraformed Ganymede takes third place with 2.4 billion. Titan, Mercury, and Callisto are 4th, 5th, and 6th; all of them are now in the "Billion Club", and Gaia has recently become the first exoplanet to be in the top ten. Even still, though, Terra itself continues to dominate, with almost 26 billion people. Engineering projects in space continue to occur on an ever-grander scale. For instance, some 25 worlds are now in the midst of being terraformed. Asteroid mining, gas giant mining, and starlifting continue to increase in scale, each producing upwards of several trillion tons of material annually. And there are now thousands of wormholes in the ISWN, and improvements in wormhole generation mean that the fastest spacecraft can shortcut through about 60 to 75 light years per day in the best wormholes.

Human civilization now measures 1.33 on the Kardashev Scale. Fusion, solar power, and antimatter power are roughly equally common, the the last having recently received a spike in popularity. Micro-black hole power is slowly making inroads as well. The Interstellar Grid and QET mean that any device can get its energy instantly transmitted from anywhere for a relatively low cost.

Life expectancy is now 290 years—the average person dying in 2500 was synthesized in 2210—and the oldest living person is 351 years old—synthesized way back in 2149. This was back when everyone lived in the Sol system (and all but a few tens of millions lived on Terra), the Athena probe had just launched, mind uploading was in its prototype stages, and the Interplanetary Republic was still getting its act together. From here on out, pretty much everyone will be synthetic; the number of non-Luddite babies born instead of made hovers between 5 and 10 in most years (compare to around 160 million babies synthesized every year), and will peter out entirely in the 26th century, outside of Luddite Reservations. It's just as well, really, since such behavior—and anything similar to it—is considered primitive and animalistic, unbecoming of a starfaring race, a cultural change which began in the late 23rd century and really got going in the 24th and 25th.

There's no real point in talking about medical advances anymore (seriously, you can theoretically die and come back up to 5 or 6 times before losing brain-integrity), so moving on to something else.... The Oxshenian population is rebounding rapidly, and there are now more than a million alive thanks to both rapid breeding and synhesis of Oxshenians. Many of their greatest hydrothermal vent cities have been rebuilt, and thousands of them have migrated to other human-held planets. They remain relatively distant from humans, though in the 26th century, they will become somewhat closer thanks to true telepathy and other innovations.

The level of wealth in human civilization is fantastic. The hundred wealthiest people are all quintillionaires, and there are 80,000 quadrillionaires. Further down on the ladder, three million people are trillionaires, and 700 million are billionaires. 51 percent of the population has a net worth of at least a million, by 2016 standards. The poverty rate is 0.7 percent—even now, there are still people who are extremely lazy, extremely unlucky, or both—and the unemployment rate is 0.2 percent. Interestingly, the wealthiest person alive has about 20 trillion times the net worth of the average person, though the average person is himself a millionaire.

Eyalin

Eyalin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Epic timeline. I have been following it all this time. The most interesting part for me is the Oxshenians. It just seems quite realistic. I believe that all life in the universe evolves and that natural selection and ecological competition is a normal occurrence in nature. Thus any aliens out there should be naturally hostile. Therefore, I believe that the Oxshenians are seemingly docile because they recognise that humans are pretty dominant? Or that through telepathy they have somehow accessed our history and learnt of our brutal past?

Also, I feel sorry for those aliens who will try to wage war on humans. The combined military in your timeline is insanely powerful. It would be interesting if a widescale alien conflict turned humans into imperialists who scout the galaxy for "hostile" civilisations and exterminate them under the guise of ensuring lasting peace across the galaxy.

Keep up the good work. Though, I do wonder how Earth can manage to sustain 26 billion people with long life expectancies. What is the family structure like? Does anything even remotely resembling the average family from the 21st century exist anymore? Have all major problems on earth been virtually eliminated? If so, what is keeping people from degenerating? What are their aspirations? I think conflict, conquest and our predatory nature have been the hallmarks of our species since dawn, without which I believe we may find ourselves stagnating.

• Jakob likes this

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

How can people still die if mind uploading is possible?

• As We Rise likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

Epic timeline. I have been following it all this time. The most interesting part for me is the Oxshenians. It just seems quite realistic. I believe that all life in the universe evolves and that natural selection and ecological competition is a normal occurrence in nature. Thus any aliens out there should be naturally hostile. Therefore, I believe that the Oxshenians are seemingly docile because they recognise that humans are pretty dominant? Or that through telepathy they have somehow accessed our history and learnt of our brutal past?

Hmm, interesting point. I made a point of making the Oxshenians inhuman-looking and difficult to relate to, since that's how they probably would really be. In fact, I for one would consider it evidence in favor of intelligent design--by really advanced aliens or something--if the first alien civilization we met just happened to be humanoid.

There are only a few million Oxshenians and nearly 50 billion humans. Hard to imagine how they could stage a takeover even if they wanted to. And they're certainly aren't any resource or living space conflicts; they are water creatures and humans are not. So, yeah, mostly they couldn't care less about the species that revived them. Though they of course had their own brutal past!

Also, I feel sorry for those aliens who will try to wage war on humans. The combined military in your timeline is insanely powerful. It would be interesting if a widescale alien conflict turns humans into imperialists who scout the galaxy for "hostile" civilisations and exterminate them under the guise of ensuring lasting peace across the galaxy.

Though the Canoids are not far behind humans, and they make up for the difference with numbers and fanaticism.

I was thinking about having a faction of people in the 4th millennium who follow the "Humanization Doctrine" and seek to remake the members of lesser civilizations in their own image.

Keep up the good work. Though, I do wonder how Earth can manage to sustain 26 billion people with long life expectancies. What is the family structure like? Does anything even remotely resembling the average family from the 21st century exist anymore? Have all major problems on earth been virtually eliminated? If so, what is keeping people from degenerating? What are their aspirations? I think conflict, conquest and our predatory nature have been the hallmarks of our species since dawn, without which I believe we may find ourselves stagnating.

26 billion people is really almost nothing; the Earth only looks crowded today because of our primitive methods of agriculture and city-building. But when you have arcologies, then several tens of millions can live in a single square mile. Almost everyone on Terra lives in just a few thousand buildings.

I'm pretty sure that nuclear families still exist. Children will still exist for at least another 500 years, and old habits die hard. I don't really know how androids are raised.

Innovation and progress are still driven by economic motives, something which the new system of Innovationism has ensured will continue for hundreds or thousands of years.

• As We Rise likes this

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Given up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users