Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Rap Thread

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

The most versatile, most catchy, most ubermensch, most skilled, it's the best. Rap has its roots in black culture, and it's considered music of the poor, because it doesn't take much to do. Its why most early rap music was mostly hood-centric and usually involved struggles of poor african-american males, females, and that one white guy from Detroit. However, it evolved thanks to the return of the Messiah Biggie Smalls through the body of Kanye West, who opened up new doors for hip-hop to reflect the diversity of ideas and beliefs seen in college, and not in strip clubs. 

Now, rap continues to evolve especially in the international scene, in other developed countries like the melodic and peaceful tunes of the Japanese rapper Nujabes or in foreign conflict zones, like the harsh and motivational songs of the Libyan rapper Volcano. Rap continues to grow as a genre, and it continues to develop thanks to its very flexible style which I find to be the greatest thing about it. You don't need drums, or a guitar, or 5 other guys supporting you, or a  all you need is passion, and a notebook. Look at Meek Mill, this guy is a multi-millionaire rapper with a girl that brings the thirst, but this is where he started

Anyways, that's my little intro to rap. Now this thread is to discuss rap, or post rap videos. Don't post shit though, like no Drake unless he's rapping. You can post 0 to 100, but Hotline Bling ain't rap. And don't post trap music. Trap music isn't rap, it's a genre of its own. If you post anything related to slammin' Lil Wayne or Macklemore, or some other rapper without any good and thought-provoking insight on why, then you will be labeled a shitposter.

Aside from that, thats it. Welcome to the official futuretimeline rap thread!

• eacao likes this

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/6S20mJvr4vs

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Danny Brown chose some of his shittiest songs from the last 2 albums to turn into music videos. However, his singles are a different story.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

I'm on an Eminem trip right now.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Going back to the messiah, during his early sermons.

• Tina and Infinite like this

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
Nearly as good as 2pac

https://www.youtube....GmG4X9PGOXs#t=6
  • Outlook likes this
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
All his Everyday Normal Guy/crew backing tracks are really good, even though hes being an idiot you can tell hes genuinely a fan
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Tina

Tina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTehran, Iran

Hichkas released this song in 2009. please note that since then Iranian society has changed very much (everything is getting worse).

"We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight."

- Unsourced quote from John Lennon

Tina

Tina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTehran, Iran

Yas - 2013

"We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight."

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

As i told before, rap is "not for me" kind of music. So, the only thing i can recall is this:

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

If Danny Brown could've just used his serious voice, https://youtu.be/hCdgDxQbW_U?t=171

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

I remember my older brother listening to this when I was very young and it has remained with me all this time. A classic!

Hoody32

Hoody32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
https://youtu.be/TXyFYNiV-9I

Hoody32

Hoody32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
https://m.youtube.co...lo luchini&sm=1

Hoody32

Hoody32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
How do I post videos like you guys have posted in this thread? I'm using galaxys5

Tina

Tina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTehran, Iran

Shahin Najafi, the most creative, the most controversial, and the best Iranian musician forever (and also the most dangerous artist for the regime).

translation of lyrics:

You rest in your own bed, You eat and sleep, timely You go to school, Having a high chance to live,You can't deny it, honey! Just take it easy! A father is always there to support you A tender mother whose heart just beats because of you Someday, you'll grow up And you'll find how the life breaks you down, take it easy, honey! Be grateful for what you own, You're a painter, and life is your color and brush So, it'll turn into what you wish Don't let that ominous owl to whisper on the roof Try not to cry,Your pretty face, not to turn red of shy To experience is your right, honey!But there are some one-way roads in life Be careful of your relations Be afraid of those man-like wolves Only a bare soul,Deserves your naked body Take care of the virginity of your soul, honey! It's not like the hymen, to be sewed Know and read, not to be deceived Hold your head high, not to be obedient The veil can't confine you,You determine the limitations Life is a prison whose turnkey is you! Is it possible to chain up a mountain?! See your uncle, Sarina! His flower is now only a thorn, My life-story is just a tragedy, Sarina! Oh Sarina, Sarina, Sarina! Don't frown at that flower-seller girl,With a flower in hand, asking you to pay forDon’t turn your back on her, thinking she differsSurely, there is a difference, honey!She's a poor girl, from downtownHer life is full of poverty, fear and darknessHer father is addicted, honey!You can see on her cheek,The sign of her father's cold slap She's only 9, with no chance to study She feels the bitter taste of labor The flower drooping in one's hand,The flower you pay for, unwillingly,It’s not just a flower but a piece of bread For her, maybe, not to be punished at home Don’t ask who to blame for?!Someday, you'll see,It’s a long story, honey! Don't ask!The earth is full of those working hard,and those wealthy ones, full of obsession have built their own palaces by the hands of workers And so many sacrificed their life to this end You can't tell this story to the others They'll laugh at you,The badness is their habit You, paint your own painting Let them to live for their own,just be yourself See your uncle, Sarina!His flower is now only a thorn,My life-story is just a tragedy, Sarina!Sarina, Sarina, Sarina!

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
Before I post, can some one please explain the difference between "rap music" and "trap music"?

Please forgive my ignorance in this matter.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

How do I post videos like you guys have posted in this thread? I'm using galaxys5

You have to post the full url, no mobile links, and no shortened urls. Since you're using a phone, when you post mobile links, replace the m.youtube.com to www.youtube.com and that should do it.

Before I post, can some one please explain the difference between "rap music" and "trap music"?

Please forgive my ignorance in this matter.

Trap music is a type of instrumental music. For example, this is trap music. Rap music is just spoken-word poetry over a beat, but the beat can be a trap beat in this case. Like Rae Sremmurd, and Fetty Wap.

Smeargle

Smeargle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLuckiest city in the UK
Real rap.

• eacao likes this

ARADIA: i think i mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart

FTLVRM

FTLVRM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationCanada

FTLVRM

FTLVRM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationCanada