Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Art Thread

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

A place to post normal art, but not sci-fi. We have a sci-fi art thread right here: http://www.futuretim...017-sci-fi-art/

Same rules apply; please put some humanity in your posts. A bit of commentary, a bit of background information on the art you post. It can be about the artist, about the art, about your history with the art. It gives remembrance, and a certain personality to your post. If you just spam images, the art turns from a painting full of life and love, to a painting filled with the dead cold heart of an image spammer.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/YjUhBVkJoMk
Dino Synth is my new favourite genre

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

I would like to showcase John Glover. A painter from the mid 1700s to mid 1800s. He lived in Australia, and he is known as the father of Australian landscape art. As you can see on his Wikipedia self portrait, he wasn't very good at drawing people, but he was very great at drawing landscapes. His art is very warm, and I've set one of his paintings as my wallpapers because they're so beautiful. It's the one with aboriginals relaxing by a river. Really beautiful. You can check out a collection of his works right here and wikimedia got a collection right here.

164.1979%23%23S.jpg

48.1985%23%23S.jpg

59.1975%23%23S.jpg

1024px-John_Glover_-_Mount_Wellington_an

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Beautiful painting of Pluto by NASA. Not sure who the specific artist is though.

nh-pluto-moonlight.jpg

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts

My favorite art tends to have several factors in common I have noticed.  It tends to be abstract, play with color and form, incorporate a sense of motion, hyperbolic structures (?), time, can have a mathematical/science inspiration.  If you wish to ask my about any particular one feel free, but perhaps quote the one you want in a spoiler tag.  Sorry in advance I know there will be repeats and I'll try to weed them out with edits.

Spoiler

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
Spoiler

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
Spoiler

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
Spoiler

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Sydney Opera House is a piece of art, it is also one of the worlds largest canvases.  Sometimes its available for public to add images.  I just googled it theres thousands of stunning designs.   I actually thought people were just photoshopping pictures onto the opera house.

https://www.youtube....6hKdnWuHwg#t=42

Was in a national gallery in Melbourne last year and this was the only painting i remember.

Fred McCubbin - Home Again.  

917affeb77ec6e668fc800db4c277a79.jpg

'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

This is a painting by Ivan Kramskoi, a russian painter from the 1800s. It's called "Christ in the Desert." I enjoy this painting because it strays away from the so many romantacized paintings of Jesus preaching around large crowds, surrounded by angels or suffering on a cross. It shows Jesus as just a man deep in thought. It gives a much more humanely feel to the 2000 year old man. 

In context, this painting is of Jesus during the temptation of Christ. When he fasted 40 days and nights in the desert, trying to escape worldly pleasures. But as you can see, there is no painting of the devil approaching him and halos around him. His face and clothes aren't perfect and white, they were rugged and weary. There were no angels around him, just endless desert, and a tired man with his thoughts taking him away. I have to say, it's a new favourite.

Christ_in_the_Wilderness_-_Ivan_Kramskoy

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

I went to my local thrift store again. I don't know why but I'm addicted to going there. Everything is affordable, and I'm not looking at books that cost $40. So anyways, I bought some books, namely Oceanic Mythology, and "To the Best of my Ability: The American Presidents" which is a book that looks over the history of 41 american president. But when I was about to check out I decided to look at some art to spice my empty house up a bit. I didn't find anything that I can stick up on the wall, but I did find two water color paintings on paper that I really liked. I didn't buy a frame for them unfortunately so I'm keeping them safe in storage after I scanned them of course.

I'm not sure who the artist is, other than the signature MR at the bottom right. The first painting is a painting of the Altare della Patria, and the second painting is a painting of the Trinita Del Monti. Both are located in rome.

zuRNWeF.jpg

ZzqjwuC.jpg

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Amazing minimalistic art here by Jeffery Ramirez. http://www.theupstud...reyramirez.html

the-UP-studio-Jeffrey-Ramirez-Hand-Print

branding-logo-design-for-quiett-dog-by-j

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Beautiful artworks that blend different scenes together. Very imaginative - surrealism at it's best! :D   By artist Neil Simone

I think I like these artworks so much because they contrast so starkly with the different scenes in the art, and I know it's cliched but they feel like a portal - I can feel myself being sucked into the detailed scenery involved. 

In the second and third especially, I think Neil Simone so elegantly adds depth and beauty to a dull or seamless landscape through the use of surrealism. That's the contrast I'm talking about. So seamlessly integrated into a surreal artwork.

paintings-within-paintings-by-neil-simon

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Im interested in painting with the knife, particularly with abstract colour mixing.  The technique is nothing like i thought it would be, abstract or not.  I dont know how far i will get, but ive been blown away by a lot of clips, including all of this guys.

'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

post-modern art

-_20160325_1135989019.png

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

As We Rise

As We Rise

Matthew 24:12, NIV

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

post-modern art

What even is art these days...

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

post-modern art

What even is art these days...

This master piece was created after an arduous use of Paint and Google Images

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Who said you need expensive materials to make art?

No idea who created this piece, but I was awestruck by the complex scene created on such a mundane surface. Kudos to the person who saw the potential to make something amazing out of the nothing.

nBQV0zK.jpg

Vladislav

Vladislav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Queen Victoria of Great Britain reigned from 1837 to 1901. She was more than just a sovereign. She was a lady with a lovely talent for drawing. She made various ink and watercolor sketches and pen and ink sketches. The drawings of the Royal Children by Victoria are splendid.   

http://www.brainpick...rnals-drawings/    

Princess Victoria drawn by Queen Victoria http://www.pinterest...058847495148824     

Princess Elizabeth of Hesse drawn by Queen Victoria http://www.pinterest...804413253165890

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Beautifully expressive piece "Sabine" by artist John Larriva. The depth of this oil painting is phenomenal, the eyes are a world of emotion. Even how John Larriva so expertly produces the dark and teary mood of this person 'Sabine' is wonderful. 

I enjoy the heavy use of tone is this painting. The darkness under her neck shows how she is tilting her head down a little while looking up, suggesting a fierce or determined attitude. Contrast this with the light areas of her face where the light is bouncing off. 

It's also like Mike the Average's post up above which I thought of after seeing this :)

Sabine.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,030 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
"Ivan the Terrible Killing His Son" (1885), by Ilya Repin
7ssbb.jpg
In his eyes, you can see true pain, horror, and despair.

I mention it because it reminded me of the Pietà. But probably not the "Pietà" you're thinking of—
1xr3oaF.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users