Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Nostalgia Thread

2016 2017 2000 1994 1970 2006 1996 1986 Nostalgia Nostalgic

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

Soundwave

Soundwave

Am I banned now?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

It's 2016

APRIL 2016. 

I went to sleep some night in January 2001, and now it's April 2016. I'm reading about the exploits of artificial intelligence in the New York Times and watching videos of domestic humanoid robots playing with people in Japan. And looking at infographics about the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, saying that, if I can be arsed, I might watch them on a Vive virtual reality headset.

And reading about how the Cassini probe is being affected by the 9th planet and not thinking 'Wait, what is Cassini and why is Pluto affecting it?'. As well as watching a video of a man riding in an autonomous car, and being relatively unimpressed by it because I've seen a guy ride in an even more autonomous car. And will be going home to write more responses on a tiny little smartphone.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING. 

You are getting older. Life is just doing random activities until you die.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It's 2016

APRIL 2016. 

I went to sleep some night in January 2001, and now it's April 2016. I'm reading about the exploits of artificial intelligence in the New York Times and watching videos of domestic humanoid robots playing with people in Japan. And looking at infographics about the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, saying that, if I can be arsed, I might watch them on a Vive virtual reality headset.

And reading about how the Cassini probe is being affected by the 9th planet and not thinking 'Wait, what is Cassini and why is Pluto affecting it?'. As well as watching a video of a man riding in an autonomous car, and being relatively unimpressed by it because I've seen a guy ride in an even more autonomous car. And will be going home to write more responses on a tiny little smartphone.

Oh, you ain't seen nothin' yet!!!

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

It's 2016

APRIL 2016. 

I am even more complex watching Donald trump and idiots like ted cruz talk about abolishing most of government and not funding science. This is probably one of the biggest shocks about 2016.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

I look back 10-15 years ago and the republicans for the most part wanted to fund science, were reasonable on ssi and generally weren't insane....

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

It's 2016

APRIL 2016. 

Let me guess:

Now is 2016

6 is 3+3

And only exist one Yuli Ban

so

3x1: 3

the-illuminati-confirmed-206205.jpg

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Get off my lawn!

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

It's 2016

APRIL 2016. 

I am even more complex watching Donald trump and idiots like ted cruz talk about abolishing most of government and not funding science. This is probably one of the biggest shocks about 2016.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationUK

I don't know how many other people feel the same way, but technological progress isn't what makes me feel old- for me, I only ever feel "old" when I'm spending time around very young and newborn members of my family, that sort of thing, or in a few years I will probably feel "old" when I have things happening like close friends whom I've known all my life getting married and having kids, those sorts of milestones in life that I have always thought of as being very distant and far, far away and then suddenly -wham- there I am, watching it all happen right before me. But at my tender age I suppose I shouldn't have much at this point to make me feel old anyway so for now I can enjoy my "youth & freshness". :D

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

I hate these threads, and yet I love them so, so, so much...

https://www.reddit.c..._old/?limit=500

Sits on couch, shirt over knees, munches on chocolate

Why am I growing up?!

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

daBc4JC.jpg

Wat are u doing??? Stahp.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

I'm pretty sure that, in 10 years, this will end up in a "lol so retro" post.

iOSJ6NY.jpg

And I'll be the great-grandpa who will remember the day it first came out. I blasted it to a futurist forum that didn't givva damn. 

https://np.reddit.co...d_up/?limit=500

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

And I'll be the great-grandpa who will remember the day it first came out. I blasted it to a futurist forum that didn't givva damn. 

I do give a damn. After all, I bought four Rifts and am using it now.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

I do give a damn. After all, I bought four Rifts and am using it now.

Referring to the Vive, though. I've yet to try the Vive.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

https://www.reddit.c..._the_year_2000/

There are parents that were born in the year 2000

My brother was born in 2000. Whenever I think of him, I always think back to when I saw him in 2001, when he was just a little baby in a crib. 

janesill

janesill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationmakati

One of the things that make me feel old is seeing how some doctors are younger than me these days.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

https://www.reddit.c...ment/?limit=500

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

xkcd, as always...

scary.png

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

18 years later...

8980ec7c706c5c3d95eaabe2feb5774e.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

A7DA9cU3cRlBR4Qq3C2oFVf8gfdH-H5Tol_Hh676

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,494 posts

I remember playing this goddamn console. It was one of my early childhood memories, in fact— I forget what one of the games was, some third person action/adventure game. The other was almost certainly Sonic 3D Blast. The Dreamcast was only out in Japan at that point.

eh9qir4smbts1css3ooc.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, 2017, 2000, 1994, 1970, 2006, 1996, 1986, Nostalgia, Nostalgic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users