Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The quotes of the Great Futuretimeliners

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

This thread created to keep and preserve all the memorable quotes and aphorisms ever said by this forum members. Feel free to post here the pearls of other's (not your own!) wisdom... or other's madness :) So far i can post three quotes that immediatelly coming to mind:

"Countries evolve, their borders change. America won't be the exception. China won't be either. And especially your sweet Mother Russia." - Raklian, 31 October 2013

Although sounds trivial, this is actually the very accurate prediction of accession of Crimea that took place six months later.

"If you don't see how Soviet endeavors to create a human-chimp hybrid are evidence of a Marxist love of low intelligence, then you can't be reasoned with" - Voluntarist, 20 October 2015

No comment...

"Violence is the only thing that has ever brought about real social change. Slavery, apartheid, fascism, colonialism, these things weren't overthrown by peaceful marches and petitions; they were overthrown with guns and bombs" - Joe00uk, 17 February 2016

Amazingly rough and expressive, but essentially, very true thought not everyone dares to voice.

• joe00uk, Tina, Daedalus Ladder and 1 other like this

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

"Violence is the only thing that has ever brought about real social change. Slavery, apartheid, fascism, colonialism, these things weren't overthrown by peaceful marches and petitions; they were overthrown with guns and bombs" - Joe00uk, 17 October 2016

- February xD

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

- February xD

Fixed.

• joe00uk likes this

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

"This is the typical behavior and self-excuse of our homegrown "liberals": if someone is disagree with them - they immediately stop the debate saying that opponent is simply "dumb and brainwashed". Very comfortable position, btw, allows them to feel yourself the "intellectual elite" resistant to this mythical "brainwashing". By "free discussion" they only mean the free discussion of some nuances of their ideology. If you go further and cross the red line, you're just getting banned and kicked out from "liberal" forum... tested on my own skin.

And then the "intellectual elite" are fail to understand why the majority of people despise them or making fun on them." - PhoenixRu, 19 August 2015

This is definitely one of my favourite quotes of this forum and the number of times this has proven itself to be true since is staggering.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

"Violence is the only thing that has ever brought about real social change. Slavery, apartheid, fascism, colonialism, these things weren't overthrown by peaceful marches and petitions; they were overthrown with guns and bombs" - Joe00uk, 17 February 2016

No. Martin Luther King. Ghandi. You think they took up guns?

• Daedalus Ladder likes this

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • LocationUK

Mine and PhoenixRu's posts in this thread: http://www.futuretim...nce-in-history/

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

On Italian UFO's thread: "What kind of new pleasures we may create in the future?"

"I suppose it depends entirely on how you define pleasure.

"If you are talking about the four F s (fight, flight, food and reproduction) type of pleasure, there will likely be plenty of that.
Zero g  martial arts competitions, asteroid cluster capture the flag in space suits, VR mortal combat, VR dinosaur hunts.

Jail break style man tracker challenges, survival games where you are loaded into a scenario of a disabled ship drifting into a sun and you have to find the way to get out and have the best chance of survival.

Using artificial tounges to taste what toxic things would taste like and then trying to make recipes with sulphuric acid and uranium as flavors and eat them in VR, or taste liquid hydrogen or molten rock, learn the flavor of cultured human flesh and the best way to prepare it, grow foods that have never existed before.

And for the last ... see the miriad fetishes on the internet, and imagine being able to safely and annonymously try them all out, even just once to see if  you might understand why others might like it.

"If we include other things like reading, movies, smells, and games; then there are an infinitude of options; even more so if all the future is included.
swim across the surface of a red dwarf star.
wear clothes mad with cut and polished solid CO2 gems,
see the entire electromagnetic spectrum and use it to watch the visual symphany of a stellar system conjuction of planets.
be a wizard in a campaign against the dark dragon Garthaynoth in person on the fantasy planet.
quick evolve an octopus to be able to have conversations with it over tea.
experience you favorite books in person by being the main character. maybe even rewrite the story by changing the course of events.
give yourself super powers (though unless you're on a planet where others choose not to have powers or artificial people are made to resemble powerless people it wouldn't mean much because everybody could have them) and go around being a hero.
be able to cut off and arm or other body part and still have it live, move and feel like it did before only able to do it from across the room.
swap body parts or whole bodies with people.
sky dive from space.
be two people at the same time.
become a liquid.

"for me the idea of just turning on the pleasure centers of the brain would feel hollow. Some of my greatest pleasure are things that has good stories to them and fond memories, not just a feeling."

-kjaggard, 28 February 2013

• DawidHyde likes this
Humanity's destiny is infinity

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
"I'm a little mouse and I want to live longer"
  • eacao likes this
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Mine and PhoenixRu's posts in this thread: http://www.futuretim...nce-in-history/

Yes, please read...as well as my rebuttal.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

"Ironically, I think that existence can be equated to a negative number (because as Zeitgeist123 eloquently said, great experiences of life are simply islands in the cosmic ocean of struggles and suffering. Everyone that exists almost always suffers; happiness and pleasure are just fragile flashes of ever-transient flicking flame), and non-existence can be equated to 0, so non-existence is greater, so childbirth-causing sexual intercourse should be banned around the world, because it is severely immoral"  - Tina, 28 February, 2016

• Tina likes this

hiraeth

hiraeth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
I will not rest until one of my quotes is posted here.
  • Frizz and Recyvuym like this
I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God. Sufi Proverb

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

POPULAR

"I will not rest until one of my quotes is posted here." - Hiraeth

Inspirational.

• Zeitgeist123, Frizz, GenX and 11 others like this
Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/QAlMaVYIzqw

IMPERATOR!

hiraeth

hiraeth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Thank you. What a short period of unrest that was. 

• Frizz, ddmkm122, joe00uk and 3 others like this
I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God. Sufi Proverb

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063
"This thread may have destroyed some of my faith in humanity, but at least its entertaining.

MarcZ: Lets discuss normal people things & such.

Phoenix: Blah
Ralikan: Blah
Phoenix: You'd kill an imaginary child!
Ralikan: You lie! See a psychologist!

Awkward silence

FOT: WE NOW HAVE REVERSIBLE USB CABLES BITCHES"

-DallasCowboysFan, December 6 2013

Hilarious summary of a thread that shot past the point of conversational singularity.  From MarcZ's thread The Flashpoints of 2014

• TheComrade likes this
Humanity's destiny is infinity

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

"This thread may have destroyed some of my faith in humanity,.. -DallasCowboysFan, December 6 2013

Yeah, two years have passed & i still can't stop laughing after re-reading this idiotic squabble...  :biggrin:  

Forgive me DallasCowboysFan if i destroyed your faith in humanity... it was unintentional.

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland
'Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.'

-kjaggard's signature

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

"Now, don't get the wrong idea, I'm still an agnostic atheist, but damn."- Outlook

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

"Capitalism at its best is the most efficient, though. It's more of a matter of economics - how resources are best utilized and allocated, rather than politics."- Raklian
"Capitalism is a necessary evil in a world dogged by resource scarcity. Some of us can live with that."- Raklian

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

Soundwave

Soundwave

Am I banned now?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

"Now, don't get the wrong idea, I'm still an agnostic atheist, but damn."- Outlook

What an abrupt change from agnostic atheist to wahhabi Muslim.
  • ddmkm122 likes this

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

I'm a middle eastern OG, fuck the west side. While you younguns were still in your diapers, I was out there, finding the truth; making the truth boy. Get on my level.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/QAlMaVYIzqw

IMPERATOR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users