Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Archimedes

Archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Yeah, cancer caused being ignorant. I kinda wish it were an actual cancer and the world will be a much better place by now.

Well, I've got to be careful what I wish for. I could be ignorant about some things.  :)

Change the wish to mean willful ignorance and you should be safe. ;)

A minor one for me: the next Go tutorial is on memory pointers. Thank freak Go is a garbage collected language.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
I'm playing Rome Total War with a mod installed, and for the first time I'm playing on the hardest difficulty in both campaign and battle mode as Rome, and I just want to say fuck Macedon. The pieces of shit have no fucking reason AT ALL to attack me, and should focus on bigger threats like the fucking behemoth of Egypt closing in on them, but oh fuck no, lets send a ship with a full stack to the Italian peninsula, not giving a fuck that they're at war with Greece and Illyria fucking in between me and them-- NOOO lets attack Rome because fuck it, why not?

I swear to fucking god the day that I reach Macedon I will fucking raze their cities to the ground, enslave all those pricks and mass execute their capital. I'm fucking done with Macedon. I already have to fucking worry about Gaul, Illyria, Greece, and Spain on 3 fronts, and soon Germania and Carthage are going to join in the fun, I don't need to fucking deal with this bullshit. Seriously fuck Macedon, fuck them so hard.

EDIT: And the gauls deserve genocide just for their city design. Seriously who designs a city square like that.
Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/YjUhBVkJoMk
Dino Synth is my new favourite genre

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

Fucking brother in law gleefully posting shit about some stabbing of 4 people that took place over several hours in the southern US. "Guess they'll be talking about assault knife control now too." and responding to people pointing out the difference with "Dead is dead"

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

There has to be something immoral about a professor making his own textbook a required reading for his course. That's basically extortion.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Dumbass boomers who spend millions upon millions of gallons worth of fuel cutting their lawns. Let the lawns grow, literally just letting the lawns grow (barring directly in front of your damn walk) would remove massive amounts of pollutants. AND FUCK THE COP WHO COMES WITH A GUN TO FORCE PEOPLE TO CUT THEIR LAWNS BECAUSE BOOMERS ARE AFRAID OF TALL GRASS! 

Don't want tall grass and other flora moving in? Fine, garden you lazy fuck, produce something valuable for the world instead of sucking it dry. Or better yet, lay gravel in the yard, then you don't have to move or kill the planet. And for Christ's sake if you cut off 90% of the branches on a tree again to preserve the "aesthetics" of your yard you deserve the typhoon coming towards you. 

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,003 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I'm sick of being poor, overdrafting my bank account in the middle of the damn month buying f-ing food, and driving a car that is two months past needing to pass inspection because I did the repairs but don't have money to get a certified inspection place to inspect it. and I need the damn car to get a job in this area...

I'm about ready to say fuck it and find some under the table work.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Man, imagine waiting in line in a university bookstore for 2 hours to buy overpriced textbooks for BS online assignments behind a paywall that you have to purchase the $135 useless fucking content mill copy bullshit textbook while staring at blank binders that cost $8.50, and 100 page standard notebooks for fucking $5. I swear to god. I have to sell my fucking kidney now.

It's literally a scam. And what kind of fucking university requires you to buy clickers when they do attendance in small tutorial classrooms. In fact you won't get participation points unless you attend the tutorial classrooms. I wouldn't be crying if this was a private university, but a fucking public university come on.

Some courses are good. My linguistics course, my professor uses a widely accredited textbook and uses questions provided for free by the author for homework assignments. He doesn't require you to buy nothing else, just the textbook as it should be. But in other courses, you can't fucking do the assignments unless you cough up the $135 required for the textbook-- loose leaf mind you, not even fucking bound-- because it's bundled with the access code for the online assignments they require you to do.  And then you can't get a participation grade unless you also pull $70 out of your ass for the clicker.

The funniest thing though is my online course. Fucking $100 for assignments.

Met a lot of cool people in university though.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon

Auto-playing video adverts should be a felony offence.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 21,030 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I'm shaking!

spcjMj0l.jpg

tLlAEAQl.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

/\ As someone who has lived through be institutionalized and compelled--without crime--by guards to do things this is exactly how you make future anarchists. This is a perfect example of why I hate the state with such conviction. And it sucks, because the longer I go down paths of philosophical reasoning I'm increasingly convinced anarchism is not the end all be all. But, I sure as hell know that authoritarian statism isn't either.  

Omosoap

Omosoap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Yes, this is why kids and teens especially have to be careful about posting such things...unfortunately, they also don't always have the discernment to not post. Adults too sometimes. But yeah, in my experience your rights can be stripped away due to mental health issues or perceived mental health issues very, very easily, especially in combination with society's fear and paranoia.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
I've been pretty down lately and out of boredom I started searching up motivation on YouTube. I'm absolutely disgusted by those who seek to exploit people when they're at their most vulnerable. Self-help gurus are nothing but snake oil salesmen. On one of the videos, I was given an ad by some quack on curing illnesses like cancer through supernatural healing.

And it just made me think of Evangelicals too, but there's enough of an outcry there.

Still, I hope they get shot exiting their limos.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,003 posts

some shit weasel in the heirarchy of my new part time work is playing games with wage theft, we were promised a given wage during hiring, and our first ay checks were minimum wage instead ($7.25) in the first pay check, they said they were fixing it, and that we'd get the missing wages in the next check. Paid every two weeks. well the newest pay check is in.... we each got minimum wage for our hours.

They might have gotten the benefit of the doubt and a warning from me if it was just me, but I don't stand for that bull shit being done to those I work with. I'mm'a have some words with the district manager, HR, and beyond that the department of labor, wage and hour division.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon

What a fucking shite day. :(

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon

What on earth do people see in these vile, lying shits? How can they be polling so well?

https://www.theguard...pinium-observer

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

0tnneZZ.jpg

This is the face of a man who cares not for our ears! 

He abolished the department of noise abatement for the people he does not fear! 

The powers at be wish deafening madness upon you and me! 

They build parkway bypasses on our streets just as they lie in their congressional seats! 

We will no longer stand for the pollution in our brains as we try to sleep! 

Until we stand up, they shout over you and me.

https://scholarship....408&context=elq

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon

[deleted]

:(

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
I might fail a midterm because my school likes to use this proprietary bloat "lockdown" software for online tests that only supports Windows 10 and macOS. Whether I do or don't, I'm getting windows 10 on a virtual machine and cheating for the rest of my days. Fuck school, and fuck this shit software. Can you even guess how much the university probably pays for it? Some cheap, hacked together piece of garbage that can be easily bypassed by a VM my grandmother can install upwards of $5000 a year in licensing fees. It goes to show how technologically illiterate this school is. They should all stick to pen and paper, but some profs are so fucking lazy that they'd rather sit on their ass and let a computer and a textbook do their work than actually do their jobs.

EDIT: They actually do have a check for VMs, but by god I will break this POS software if its the last thing I do.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon
Surely that's illegal? How is the school allowed to do that?

I doubt that would happen here in the UK.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon

10 minutes left of being in the EU.

Fuck Brexit, and fuck anyone who supports this fucking shite.

That is all.

Goodnight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rage, AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, HATE, RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, KILL, Ultimate, I will mess you up, maximum over, nightmare, evil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users