Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Biotech Company Granted Permission To Use Stem Cells To Resurrect Clinically Dead Humans

biotechnology death immortality resurrection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,495 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

"A biotech company in the US has been granted ethical permission to recruit 20 patients who have been declared clinically dead from a traumatic brain injury, to test whether parts of their central nervous system can be brought back to life."

A groundbreaking trial to see if it is possible to regenerate the brains of dead people, has won approval from health watchdogs.
biotech company in the US has been granted ethical permission to recruit 20 patients who have been declared clinically dead from a traumatic brain injury, to test whether parts of their central nervous system can be brought back to life. 
Scientists will use a combination of therapies, which include injecting the brain with stem cells and a cocktail of peptides, as well as deploying lasers and nerve stimulation techniques which have been shown to bring patients out of comas.
The trial participants will have been certified dead and only kept alive through life support. They will be monitored for several months using brain imaging equipment to look for signs of regeneration, particularly in the upper spinal cord - the lowest region of the brain stem which controls independent breathing and heartbeat.
The team believes that the brain stem cells may be able to erase their history and re-start life again, based on their surrounding tissue – a process seen in the animal kingdom in creatures like salamanders who can regrow entire limbs.

Dr Ira Pastor, the CEO of Bioquark Inc. said: “This represents the first trial of its kind and another step towards the eventual reversal of death in our lifetime.

“We just received approval for our first 20 subjects and we hope to start recruiting patients immediately from this first site – we are working with the hospital now to identify families where there may be a religious or medical barrier to organ donation.

"To undertake such a complex initiative, we are combining biologic regenerative medicine tools with other existing medical devices typically used for stimulation of the central nervous system, in patients with other severe disorders of consciousness.

“We hope to see results within the first two to three months."

• Casey, nomad, Maximus and 1 other like this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

If this works, brain injury will no longer be a problem! Would you consider this as resurrection?

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationCanada

Great news for brain dead people, but I don't know if it's a true resurrection: this would only work on the very recently dead, or people in comas. Once your brain tissues start decaying, you're a goner.

nomad

nomad

The Darkness

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

The first step in a long, long journey? I think so.

Cats.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

This is the first step, the final step is regenerating a brain from a single brain cell

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

Have I been playing too much Deus Ex, or does anyone else think this could lead to some very dark shit?

Well anyway. Maybe we'll start seeing more people having more detailed near-death experiences. That should be interesting.

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biotechnology, death, immortality, resurrection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users