Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can something like 'Convincing simulations of anything are now possible' please be added to the timeline?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Simulated_Reality

Simulated_Reality

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

You can simulate anything badly. Watch: 'Something of anything is true' and 'This environment is not able to be simulated'. Just make a brain that thinks that it's living in a universe that couldn't be simulated either for reasons given to it by you or just make it conclude that it has reasons, and you have a simulation of our universe. To simulate something, just make someone think that something you narrate is real. Any concept can be simplified. Quantum physics: Complicated, possibly not understandable scientific stuff. Something that can't be simulated: Something that can't be simulated. If you put a cap on the level of detail, you can have our universe be simulated with even one brain, that could think it's a random person of everyone, think whatever you want and sincerely believe that it's world is impossible, unethical and whatever else to simulate, and they wouldn't know that they live in a very ethical environment that's much simpler than and of a different nature to what it seems.

We can make a basic simulation of anything. It can be relatively simple and seem as complex as you want, not actually need to be that complex/ It can seem like it's not even information, while still being information. It can seem like anything, while not having to actually be anything. It can even seem like someone's suffering and chooses, wants and prefers to not be suffering, but don't stop suffering, without any of the unethical things being real. It wouldn't be unethical because it's all an illusion.

I noticed the lack of 'Convincing simulations of anything are now possible' in the future timeline timeline. In my opinion, that capacity is the single best future advancement. Never mind space travel. Never mind virtual immortality. Who needs spaceships and billions of years when you can have absolutely everything, omnipotence and omnicompotence in simulated reality? Can it please be added to the timeline? Thank you. :)

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

We already have a prediction like that.

http://futuretimelin...nology-possible

• wjfox likes this

Simulated_Reality

Simulated_Reality

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Could someone please explain to me, by holodeck style environments, do they mean really detailed environments? Because that can be faked. Just make people think their environments are really detailed; have their logic and perception tell them that it is. Use layered simulations as the icing on the cake. There's no need for that kind of detail. Also, if that's what they mean, it isn't what I meant by my suggestion. I meant the ability to create convincing simulations of anything, not by simulating it in high detail, but by tricking brains into being convinced of anything. If really detailed environments are not what they mean by holodeck style environments, please can someone tell me what they mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users