Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Russian Warning

russia ukraine crisis cold war obama putin nato nuclear war apocalypse

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

Some Russians living in America have some things to say regarding the present situation and attitude of the US towards Russia and I could not agree with them more so I am spreading it in the hope that you do as well.

http://cluborlov.blo...an-warning.html

There is no objective reason why US and Russia should consider each other adversaries. The current confrontation is entirely the result of the extremist views of the neoconservative cult, whose members were allowed to infiltrate the US Federal government under President Bill Clinton, and who consider any country that refuses to obey their dictates as an enemy to be crushed. Thanks to their tireless efforts, over a million innocent people have already died in the former Yugoslavia, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, the Ukraine, Yemen, Somalia and in many other countries—all because of their maniacal insistence that the USA must be a world empire, not a just a regular, normal country, and that every national leader must either bow down before them, or be overthrown. In Russia, this irresistible force has finally encountered an immovable object. They must be forced to back down before they destroy us all.

The article emphasises the calamitous effect this could have for the US but they are talking about the usual, mutually assured destruction, which is a doctrine that, terrifyingly, no longer exists in the world today.

• Yuli Ban likes this

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Don't they see the obvious contradiction between this:

There is no objective reason why US and Russia should consider each other adversaries. 

and this:

...maniacal insistence that the USA must be a world empire, not a just a regular, normal country, and that every national leader must either bow down before them, or be overthrown.

The worst thing is that this "maniacal insistence" they mentioned is actually the very basics of American national myth:

"For we must consider that we shall be as a city upon a hill. The eyes of all people are upon us... The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind... The happy union of these states is a wonder; their Constitution a miracle; their example the hope of liberty throughout the world"

"God did not create this country to be a nation of followers. America is not destined to be one of several equally balanced global powers... And with all our faults, we're the most exceptional country in the world... Some may disagree, but I believe America is exceptional, in part because we have shown a willingness, to the sacrifice of blood and treasure to stand up, not only for our own narrow self-interests, but for the interests of all"

From my experiense of meeting with Americans, this national myth is deeply ingrained in their heads, regardless of all their differences. Neocons are just calling a spade a spade, while others (being more polite) trying to hide this faith behind friendly, gentle and politically correct rhetorics.

Obviously the country with such a mindset can not have real friends, only vassals and enemies. Any strong and independent foreign power will be automatically considered as enemy. And this is the very serious, fundamental and ineradicable reason of why USA and Russia doomed to stay adversaries.

• As We Rise likes this

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

That's a good point. I suppose when they say 'no objective reason,' they mean there's no external factor driving Russia and the US to the brink - just general US belligerence. Perhaps they can see the contradiction and they hope to bring Americans' attention to it.

They also make the point that the US political system has been hijacked by neocons and while I agree American exceptionalism is ingrained in the mindsets of the vast majority of Americans, the neocons really took a bad thing and made it even worse.

Also check out Dmitry Orlov (author of the blog), he's a fantastic writer.

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

docgonzo

docgonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Um, neoconservatives were not "allowed to infiltrate" the government under Clinton. They lost influence during the first Bush and Clinton years, only to regain and then peak in their power under Bush's idiot son. He allowed neocons like Cheney, Feith, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowotz to run rampant and nearly bankrupt our country with their stupid war in Iraq.

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

You're right. It was Bush Jr who let the neocons in. It was Bush Snr and Clinton who let the neoliberals in. I get the two mixed up, it's one big festering nest up there in the American elite.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

I'll be honest I kind of forgot Ukraine was still happening.... this is about Ukraine right?

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

So, people are finally realising USA is the real enemy?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: russia, ukraine crisis, cold war, obama, putin, nato, nuclear war, apocalypse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users