Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dolphins recorded having a conversation 'just like two people' for first time

dolphins animal intelligence dolphin communication sapience culture Dolphin culture bottlenose dolphin intelligence nature humans

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,578 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Dolphins recorded having a conversation 'just like two people' for first time

Two dolphins have been recorded having a conversation for the first time after scientists developed an underwater microphone which could distinguish the animals' different "voices".
Researchers have known for decades that the mammals had an advanced form of communication, using distinctive clicks and whistles to show they are excited, happy, stressed or separated  from the group.
But scientists have now shown that dolphins alter the volume and frequency of pulsed clicks to form individual "words" which they string together into sentences in much the same way that humans speak.
Researchers at the Karadag Nature Reserve, in Feodosia, Russia, recorded two Black Sea bottlenose dolphins, called Yasha and Yana, talking to each other in a pool. They found that each dolphin would listen to a sentence of pulses without interruption, before replying.

If only we could know what they were saying— oh wait.

• Zeitgeist123, Maximus, Whereas and 1 other like this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • LocationCanada

Why is this the most exciting news I've seen all year. Being able to communicate with another species- on our very own planet. Holy shit. The future has arrived.

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

"Hah, told you so!" - John Lilly

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dolphins, animal intelligence, dolphin communication, sapience, culture, Dolphin culture, bottlenose dolphin, intelligence, nature, humans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users