Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What was your "We're living in the future" moment?

future shock we live in the future The Future™

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,472 posts
  • LocationLondon

"The calamity is no longer in the future – it's here, now."

D7AORDR.jpg

Set and Meet Goals

Set and Meet Goals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

The release of GPT3, I thought this was primitive AGI but I was corrected and told it isn't, we seem so close to first gen AGI it feels like we are actually just approaching the knee of the curve for real

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,472 posts
  • LocationLondon

Holographic floor projection:

https://twitter.com/...258290986582016

Can you imagine somebody from 1970 or 1980 witnessing something like this?

Erowind

Erowind

Kronstadt sailors did nothing wrong!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
/\ Now that is impressive. The application in theme parks or even malls comes to mind.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Screenshot from newspaper

Stop, wait a minute! The screenshot you've made means you have the PDF newspaper. A question: from where did you get this? Are there any other newspapers on this site? I'm only asking because there are few good sites to download the PDF magazines... but newspapers?

SeedNotYetSprouted

SeedNotYetSprouted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Screenshot from newspaper

Stop, wait a minute! The screenshot you've made means you have the PDF newspaper. A question: from where did you get this? Are there any other newspapers on this site? I'm only asking because there are few good sites to download the PDF magazines... but newspapers?

They're eNewspapers. Most issues of the LAtimes comes with electronic versions like this because it's bundled as part of the subscription plan. You can buy them individually too.

Dominicmgm

Dominicmgm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK

When AI Dungeon 2 came out. I was blown away by its endless content and thought "this makes other games look borderline restrictive”. I am a proud Premium subscriber now, helping the future of games come to shape.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Maybe when I realize that almost twenty years has already passed since I had immigrated to the US (in March 2001)? ;)

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,912 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I know I posted something like this already, but this is still insane to me:

IVt2YQK.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,912 posts

slvk6xe4i3q51.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,912 posts

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,912 posts

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,912 posts

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,472 posts
  • LocationLondon
Bowel cancer screening capsules the latest in at-home care trend

Thu 11 Mar 2021 00.01 GMT

People will be able to check if they have bowel cancer by swallowing a tiny capsule containing miniature cameras, in an extension of patient self-care.

In what experts described as a trend towards more NHS at-home care, hastened by the Covid-19 pandemic, thousands of people in England will be able to avoid the discomfort of having a camera inserted into their bowel by instead swallowing a capsule the size of a cod liver oil tablet.

Pictures transmitted from inside their body during the painless procedure will help doctors judge whether the person has bowel cancer, the second deadliest form of the disease in the UK.

The boss of the NHS in England said the procedure, known as a colon capsule endoscopy, is an example of “sci-fi” medicine increasingly deployed to improve care. One of the country’s top doctors said the capsules illustrated a major shift of healthcare out of hospitals that will see more and more diagnosis and treatment of illness done at home.

[...]

“What sounds like sci-fi is now becoming a reality, and as these minute cameras pass through your body, they take two pictures per second, checking for signs of cancer and other conditions like Crohn’s disease.”

https://www.theguard...home-care-trend

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

> What was your "We're living in the future" moment?

When I found out that once the irritating 6-year-old brat I often was ordered to play with and look after, is now under investigation for stealing and selling the old and seemingly "ownerless" cars...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future shock, we live in the future, The Future™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users