Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What was your "We're living in the future" moment?

future shock we live in the future The Future™

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

futuristic-kitchen-designs-9.jpgproject-morpheus-playstation-4.jpgmega-yacht-royal-falcon-fleet-rff135-por

x2Impact-Sports-Technology-.png262102_1_M.jpgFlowlab.jpgmodern-technology-Lithotripsy-System-Son

La Bodysnatcher

La Bodysnatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Flowlab.jpg

this One made me think about cars. How come shifting wheels for parallel parking never took off?

When you say "this is overrated" do you mean "I think this sucks?"

When you say "the majority hate it" do you mean "I hate it?"

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

the_cell_gseox_llnan_1pqf9.jpg

It looks futuristic. Beyond just appearances— it's electric, and it can also shapeshift.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

It looks futuristic. Beyond just appearances— it's electric, and it can also shapeshift.

Can it shapeshift into a respectable-looking car?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

Can it shapeshift into a respectable-looking car?

FOT_EM_NOPE_05_LRG-1250x1250.jpg

Anyway!

http://imgur.com/gallery/lORdz

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

tranparent-tv.jpg

This beautiful transparent TV blends in with every living room design. Designer Michael Friebe explains, “As the first of its kind, the Loewe Invisio introduces technical innovation, combining conventional LCD and the latest TOLED display technology. This allows to create non-transparent / solid moving pictures with rich color reproduction and full contrast range from solid black to pristine white.”

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationUK
a1L3Fa6.jpg

Shanghai is going to look so cyberpunk once the mega-skyscraper density hits a certain level.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

spaceport1.jpg

Spaceport America, New Mexico

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Spacehawk

Spacehawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

What is this meant to do?

x2Impact-Sports-Technology-.png

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Beijing. Not Blade Runner, Beijing. 

-snip-

This is depressing and disgusting, I would never live in Beijing or in any other Chinese city, Chinese government should do something about the pollution, China is the cancer of the Planet. 

http://earthtechling...r-power-surges/

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

spaceport1.jpg

Spaceport America, New Mexico

Looks pleasantly anatomical.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
We live in the present not the future the year 2000 is the past

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts
The Future™ ≠ the future

The Future™ is the popular imagining of what "the future" will be like, i.e. robots, gleaming cities, flying cars, technoclothes, AI, chrome, space travel, cyborgs, etc.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

Holographic Ads Are Now On Display In Grocery Stores

It's official. We live in the future.
This week, Mondelez -- the former snacks division of Kraft that manufactures brands such as Chips Ahoy, Trident and Cadbury -- unveiled the first-ever holographic display ads in a grocery store. That's right: holograms are no longer the sole province of "Star Wars" and Coachella. They're in our supermarkets.
The new holographic displays are the centerpiece of an ad campaign centered around soccer, with the name "Pass the Love." They feature a spinning soccer ball with the logos of Chips Ahoy, Ritz and Honey Maid, "the official snacks of U.S. soccer," and a brief video snippet of American soccer star Alex Morgan.

Sound of anvil hitting head. Child needs surgery after putting finger in electrical socket. Driverless car rolls over after idiot takes the wheel. Even monkeys have more sense than this.

I TOLD YOU LOADS OF TIMES!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts
ZKoAHhI.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

JUL15_02_114174704.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

cvtiG57.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

Hacking Team hacked, attackers claim 400GB in dumped data. South Korea, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Lebanon, and Mongolia revealed as customers and probably more names to come.

On Sunday, while most of Twitter was watching the Women's World Cup – an amazing game from start to finish – one of the world's most notorious security firms was being hacked.
Note: This story is the first of two on the Hacking Team incident. A follow-up has been posted here.
Specializing in surveillance technology, Hacking Team is now learning how it feels to have their internal matters exposed to the world, and privacy advocates are enjoying a bit of schadenfreude at their expense.
Hacking Team is an Italian company that sells intrusion and surveillance tools to governments and law enforcement agencies.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts

This is an incinerator.

Incineration-Line-in-Roskilde-Denmark_by

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future shock, we live in the future, The Future™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users