Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

An Idea For Trump's Muslim Registry— Where Tech Comes In

Donald Trump Trump surveillance RFID dystopian Muslim registry smart TV Muslims RFID implant drones

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,624 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

By now, you've already heard about Trump's plan to put Muslims on a national registry, correct? Judging by the looks of things, it's going forward. There's no point debating whether it's happening, so we might as well discuss it.

However, it doesn't sound like Trump or his team has any real plan on how to make it work. It's not good enough to simply create a registry, after all. The idea behind it is to combat Islamic terrorism, which is useless if all you have is a registry— already, there's a plan among dissidents to forcibly crash said database by switching one's identity to "Muslim". 4chan has already proven to us why these things never work in this form. Boaty McBoatface, anyone?

So if you'd want this to work, you'll need a range of tools:

• RFID chips, which have been used in dogs in the UK. It's easy to get these— in fact, they don't even have to be implants. Smartphones are good-enough tracking devices. At least for those already growing or grown up. Babies, foster children, and criminals are a different matter. You could also have it so that one could not actually hold a job without an RFID implant. This would aid in discovering where he or she goes if they were to leave the United States. See if they happen to flirt too often with Raqqa or Taliban-controlled areas in Afghanistan.
  • Mandatory always-on smart TV in any household suspected of harboring suspects or people on said registry. Couple this with a curfew and you can tell when someone is and isn't where they should be. If they are not at home at a particular time, you'll know. At the same time, you should already have quite a bit of data about who this person is, and if they make any radical changes from their usual, that should signal a red flag. Likewise, if someone is on the registry, they're notified they're on the registry, and they still don't have a smart TV, that should be an automatic red flag right then and there.
  • Personal database. You can use social media accounts to achieve this, of course. Anyone who's on this registry, you can create a Wikipedia page on them using information gathered from sites like Facebook, Instagram, and web forums.

This is to make sure you don't get superfluous people on the registry.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

"There's no point debating whether it's happening." I would like to think that this is the perfect time to debate... as was the instant an idea like this ever popped out of someone's lips. 

Do you mean to tell me that congress, the supreme court, and whatever other things could restrain such foolishness has keeled over... already? I mean surely we can debate it a bit longer.

• caltrek likes this

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

This is kind of like what the nazis did to the jews. It needs to be stopped.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

This is kind of like what the nazis did to the jews. It needs to be stopped.

Nope.

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Waaaay to dystopian for me. Its an infringement of the right to privacy. 

Tracking people by smartphones?!

Smart televisions with camera's perpetually looking at you?!

Personal database?!

Wait...

NSA, Facebook....

Donald Trump has orchestrated this from the beginning!

Poker_Face.png

Illegal immigrants? We're all fucked.

• nomad likes this

Astralator

Astralator

100 Billion Suns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPale Blue Dot

Surveillance is Freedom!

Suppression is Security!

Now remind me what year we have again... I could have sworn it was 1984.

Playing God is actually the highest expression of human nature. The urges to improve ourselves, to master our environment, [...] have been the fundamental driving forces of all of human history. Without these urges to ‘play God’, the world as we know it wouldn’t exist today.” - Ramez Naam

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

First of all, all of this needs to pass the constitutional test. Even a conservative Supreme Court will eventually strike it down.

To be honest, Trump talking about this is just blowing smoke up the asses of his conservative base. Pretty sure Trump even knows this registry initiative (at least in its current form) won't even get implemented at all. Too much political backlash will happen.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Astralator

Astralator

100 Billion Suns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPale Blue Dot

First of all, all of this needs to pass the constitutional test. Even a conservative Supreme Court will eventually strike it down.

To be honest, Trump talking about this is just blowing smoke up the asses of his conservative base. Pretty sure Trump even knows this registry initiative (at least in its current form) won't even get implemented at all. Too much political backlash will happen.

I honestly don't think that Yuli really believes that this is going to happen. But it is a good excuse to talk about surveillance and all the shiny tech that allows you to create the dystopia of you dreams.

I would add:

• Autonomous drones to survey muslim neighbourhoods as well as important public spaces.
  • An interface to the muslim database that allows employers to determine whether they want to discriminate or not.
  • More tiny insect drones to spy on mosques from the inside.

Playing God is actually the highest expression of human nature. The urges to improve ourselves, to master our environment, [...] have been the fundamental driving forces of all of human history. Without these urges to ‘play God’, the world as we know it wouldn’t exist today.” - Ramez Naam

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,624 posts

I honestly don't think that Yuli really believes that this is going to happen.

While the second part of your statement is correct, I also believe this is going to happen. 

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationThe Inhibition of your Frontal Lobe
The idea of placing RFID chips onto smartphones sounds too much like microchipping a dog, as you stated in your example above. I feel as if this is an invasion of privacy and a debunking of basic rights.

SheerDropz

SheerDropz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Islam hasn't evolved in 1400 years. Meanwhile everything else has. I feel sorry for anybody born to moslem parents. Must be incredibly frustrating.
  • As We Rise likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,624 posts

Seriously, we should consider this.

The idea of placing RFID chips onto smartphones sounds too much like microchipping a dog, as you stated in your example above. I feel as if this is an invasion of privacy and a debunking of basic rights.

Not onto smartphones; implants. Like into one's hand. It's too easy to "accidentally" forget one's smartphone.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

Want to talk about unconstitutional? Now this is what that looks like.

Such is against everything this country is based on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donald Trump, Trump, surveillance, RFID, dystopian, Muslim registry, smart TV, Muslims, RFID implant, drones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users