Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Russian Hunger Games-esque reality TV show to allow rape and murder in the Siberian wilderness for cash prize

Russia Hunger Games Battle Royale dystopia entertainment Rome brutal dystopian decline crime

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Russian Hunger Games-esque reality TV show to allow rape and murder in the Siberian wilderness for cash prize 
Is This Russian Reality Show a Real-Life Hunger Games? 
Russian reality TV show Game2: Winter to 'allow' rape and murder in Siberia

A new Russian reality show where crimes are “allowed” will begin next year.
Game2: Winter will strand 30 contestants in the -40F (-40C) Siberian wilderness for nine months with the surviving winner receiving a $1.6m prize. It will stream 24/7 online.

“Each contestant gives consent that they could be maimed, even killed,” reads an advert. “2000 cameras, 900 hectares and 30 lives. Everything is allowed. Fighting, alcohol, murder, rape, smoking, anything.”
Contestants will each sign a waiver acknowledging that they might be raped or killed but the rules also state that police are free to arrest anyone who commits a crime on the show. “You must understand that the police will come and take you away,” the rules state. “We are on the territory of Russia, and obey the laws of the Russian Federation.”
Contestants will be placed in a landscape where bears and wolves are likely to be living. According to the Siberian Times, knives will be allowed yet guns are forbidden. The show is the brainchild of entrepreneur Yevgeny Pyatkovsky who says he “will refuse any claim of participants even if they were to be killed or raped”.

Have we seriously reached this point? I can't find anything saying this isn't true, which is concerning.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Hmm...I think it's the media exaggerating everything again. Will look into this.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

So apparently the game show is real, but the whole ultraviolence aspect was exaggerated. Crime can happen, but you'll still be arrested for committing it.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Crime can happen, but you'll still be arrested for committing it.

Y'know, like in life.

Though this kind of reminds me of a future sport I came up with where two teams try to hunt each other down with nonlethal nanoweapons. Technically there are no rules, but there are still laws.

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Game2: Winter will strand...etc

I never heard about this, and when i typed "Игра 2 Зима" google didn't found anything related. Anyway, i highly doubt reality-show like this will ever appear on TV. Instead, after the very first murder, organizers will have problems with the law and excuses like "look, they have agreed, here are their signatures" will not change a thing.

• Yuli Ban likes this

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

considering that there are some pretty hard lines against 'vulgarity and perversions' on the russian television system from what I hear, I'd say this comes across as either a publicity stunt or an Onion style article.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Russia, Hunger Games, Battle Royale, dystopia, entertainment, Rome, brutal, dystopian, decline, crime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users