Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The 1950s

1950s retrofuturism Eisenhower Soviet Union Cold War Fallout 1945 1963 Truman Golden Age science fiction

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I keep wanting to get a few of the makers I know together and see if we could create the future that they thought we'd have now. Like full on just make that retro future real as far as we can. passenger drone flying car, housework robot, push button meal preperation, etc. I look at the predictions that 'haven't happened' and mostly it's because we went another direction, not because it's impossible.

• Erowind and BasilBerylium like this
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,223 posts

I keep wanting to get a few of the makers I know together and see if we could create the future that they thought we'd have now. Like full on just make that retro future real as far as we can. passenger drone flying car, housework robot, push button meal preperation, etc. I look at the predictions that 'haven't happened' and mostly it's because we went another direction, not because it's impossible.

Exactly,

All the wealth want back to the wealthy as the wealthy brainwashed the population to turn against unions and their right to have a fair and decent wage. Good luck affording a house hold robot or a flying car with the wages people make these days...Hell, society doesn't even invest in infrastructure anymore for the most part.

How insane.

I think if assholes like Reagan, Bushs and Trumps never got into power the future would have want more like we expected.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,740 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

l-vp6kq7p299gtlx.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

l-02d9wgtxoi4jyy.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Vintage television!

l-ygl0duj7b2dj2p.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

The 50s truly began in 1947.

l-uy8dr41bf4e5kt.jpg

• wjfox likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,793 posts
  • LocationLondon

DGDNwbX.png

• zEVerzan and Yuli Ban like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1950s, retrofuturism, Eisenhower, Soviet Union, Cold War, Fallout, 1945, 1963, Truman, Golden Age science fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users