Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternate History: The Tunguska Event Impacts A Major City

alternate history historical what-if Tunguska Russia St. Petersburg London 1908 meteor black hole unexplained

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,708 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

We discussed crises like nuclear war, supervolcanoes, and the rise of Limp Bizkit, have we not?

Now let's discuss a popular "historical what-if" scenario— the Tunguska Event strikes a major city. It's an exceedingly slim chance, but in this timeline, that chance comes true.

Tunguska hits St Petersburg

WI: Tunguska meteoroid explodes over city?

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

If this occurred I honestly believe that we'd be a lot more serious about the threat posed by asteroids today then a afterthought that we keep in the back of our minds mostly done by astronomers. Nations like Russia and the united states would probably have departments within their defense agencies with real plans and infrastructure to carry out such defense missions. 

Sadly as of now I doubt we can really do anything if it is within a few years of impact as it isn't seen as a big enough threat. In this alternate future we would have taken it as seriously as nuclear war as we'd understand the threat and the people would of demanding action.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alternate history, historical what-if, Tunguska, Russia, St. Petersburg, London, 1908, meteor, black hole, unexplained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users