Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Turkey Watch Thread

Turkey EU Recep Tayyip Erdoğan totalitarianism authoritarianism genocide genocide watch Erdogan coup fascism

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,066 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Turks 'detached from reality' - EU

Turkey may cancel migrant readmission deal with EU, says foreign minister

Turkey deports 40 Holstein cows back to Holland amid diplomatic stand-off

Turkish minister claims 'holy wars will soon begin in Europe'

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,450 posts

"Holstein cows" deported?

Oh, I see. By way of protesting Dutch policies.  

For a second there, I thought maybe Erdogan was afraid that they were terrorists.  

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace

http://bigstory.ap.o...have-5-children

Erdogan urges Turks in Europe to have 5 children

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called on Turks living in Europe to have at least five children, saying it would be the best response to Europe's "injustices."

Erdogan made the comments Friday while campaigning in the city of Eskisehir for a referendum that would usher in a presidential system and enhance his powers.

The Turkish leader has unleashed scathing rhetoric toward European nations — especially the Netherlands — after Turkish ministers were prevented from carrying out campaign meetings there.

On Friday, Erdogan told Turks in Europe: "Go live in better neighborhoods. Drive the best cars. Live in the best houses. Make not three, but five children. Because you are the future of Europe. That will be the best response to the injustices against you."

Do you want a Constantinople because that's you trigger such a reaction.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationIn some cafe eating--yes eating--roasted coffee beans and reading semiotext(e)s

http://bigstory.ap.o...have-5-children

Erdogan urges Turks in Europe to have 5 children

Do you want a Constantinople because that's you trigger such a reaction.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,066 posts

Tensions flare as Greece tells Turkey it is ready to answer any provocation

Fears of tensions mounting in the Aegean and eastern Mediterranean Seas reignited after the Turkish president raised the prospect of a referendum on accession talks with the EU and the Greek defence minister said the country was ready for any provocation.
Relations between Ankara and European capitals have worsened before the highly charged vote on 16 April on expanding the powers of the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
Western allies have argued that a vote endorsing the proposed constitutional change would invest him with unparalleled authority and limit checks and balances at a time when they fear the Turkish leader is exhibiting worrying signs of authoritarianism. Erdoğan has been enraged by recent bans on visiting Turkish officials rallying “yes” supporters in Germany and the Netherlands.
Highlighting growing friction between Ankara and the bloc, he raised the spectre of a public vote on EU membership at the weekend.
“We have a referendum on 16 April. After that we may hold a Brexit-like referendum on the [EU] negotiations,” he told a Turkish-UK forum attended by the British foreign secretary, Boris Johnson. “No matter what our nation decides we will obey it. It should be known that our patience, tested in the face of attitudes displayed by some European countries, has limits.”

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,066 posts

Authorities report 16 Turkish violations of Greek air space in one day

Turkish fighter jets violated Greek national air space in the northeastern, central and southeastern Aegean on Monday.
According to Greek military authorities, a formation of two Turkish jets entered the Athens Flight Information Region while a CN-235 transport plane violated Greek national air space a total of 16 times.
Greek jets intercepted the Turkish aircraft in accordance with international aviation rules.

BarkEater93

BarkEater93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationCanada

Erdogan you sly weasel, I'll be watching you closely

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 9,750 posts

Erdogan you sly weasel, I'll be watching you closely

In many ways Erdogan is a more powerful Donald Trump...Believe me, the conservatives would love to do what he is doing.

BarkEater93

BarkEater93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yeah he's quite a crafty leader, during what may be an inflection point in the country's history. Interesting to see what lays ahead for Turkey...

• Sciencerocks likes this

lemmens

lemmens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

YkKc.jpg

Political tensions between Turkey and Europe gain momentum and in the war of Erdogan against the E.U. leaders the European tourists find themselves in the line of fire.

Over the past days tourist discussion boards and sites have been filled with some disturbing messages from those who decided to visit Turkey and faced not only offensive behavior, but barbarous cruelty and lawlessness, violation of their rights and complete absence of any reaction on the part of Turkey's authorities.

Here are just a few of many examples:

1. Unlawful arrest of a Dutch tourist in Turkey who was threatened by the local police with assaulting him using batons.

2. On one of the Turkish resorts service personnel burst offences at European tourists and their children.

3. Female tourist from Sweden was robbed by a taxi driver in Istanbul, lost all her money and credit cards, but instead of getting help the police accused her of illegal staying in Turkey.

4. German woman became victim of a collective rape, but the police wasn't looking for the rapists, instead they accused the girl of prostitution and demanded money to set her free.

Besides, the popular Turkish resorts marked the beauty sights, parks, coffee-shops, clubs, etc. with signs that ban European tourists from entering those places.

ZkKc.jpg

blKc.jpg

Quite predictably, the animosity in Turkey resulted in the petition that urges European authorities to remove Turkey from the list of countries that are safe for Europeans to visit and give official travel advice to avoid all travel to that country. Tourists that are currently staying in Turkey should be recommended to exercise a high degree of caution, avoid any public gatherings and when possible stay at their hotels. The E.U. consular missions in Turkey need to provide the E.U. citizens with full-fledged consular protection if necessary.

Obviously, the attacks against tourists have been politically motivated. Erdogan uses them to blackmail the E.U. However, Mr. Erdogan ignores the reputational and economic expenses that follow the loss of European tourists. Surely, Turkey will recover from that blow, but it will happen after the Turkish people finally dispose of Erdogan.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

I hope Russia can sort these Neo-Ottoman Empire Nationalists out.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,066 posts

Merged with the Erdogan Watch Thread.

My response: So Europeans are gonna be the Jews in this situation?

Not gonna lie, this doesn't look good. Like, really doesn't. If Erdogan stays in power for any longer than 3 more years, I bet you he's going to begin another genocide: against Armenians, Kurds, and Europeans.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,066 posts

Turkey is heading for dictatorship, but voters can still turn the tide

Can you imagine a pre-dawn raid on the homes of every senior figure in the Guardian? The editor-in-chief being arrested, the CEO, four columnists, three solicitors, a reporter and a cartoonist?
That is precisely what happened to my newspaper last October.
I was the editor-in-chief of Turkey’s oldest newspaper, Cumhuriyet, until August – a post I decided to resign after the 15 July coup attempt. Murat Sabuncu, the new editor-in-chief, and 10 other colleagues have now been in detention for more than 100 days – in solitary confinement, with no idea what charges they are facing.
Using the coup attempt to reinforce his power, the president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, has since been ruling the country under what is in effect martial law without the army.
It was this crackdown on justice and concern for my own safety that tore me from my family. In September I decided I would be safer in Germany. Shortly after, the police impounded my wife’s passport with no grounds whatsoever. She is being kept hostage by the state.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,066 posts

Three Kurds stabbed in Brussels by Erdogan supporters

According to reports, three Kurds have been stabbed by Erdogan supporters while going to cast their vote for the Turkish referendum in Brussels. According to sources, a 69-year-old Kurdish woman, who was among the victims, was rushed to hospital in serious condition. The attackers have reportedly sought refuge in the Turkish Embassy, as website KOMnews reports. The incident happened only 16 days before the April 16 referendum in Turkey which will decide whether more executive powers will be transferred to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,080 posts
  • LocationLondon

Erdogan wins vote for expanded powers

Turkey's Erdogan wins crucial vote to expand presidential powers but two main opposition parties challenge results

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-39617700

Water

Water

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

People who want a dictator...  :unsure:

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 9,750 posts

And this is what is so wrong about religion...Everything is to god and these sort of people don't give a damn about the rights of people as they believe they're the messager of that god.

Sick.

As We Rise

As We Rise

On and off and on and off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

And this is what is so wrong about religion...Everything is to god and these sort of people don't give a damn about the rights of people as they believe they're the messager of that god.

Sick.

Like televangelists and the Westboro Baptist Church?

Albeit the latter is mainly for attention.

History will remember Trump supporters as brainwashed as*holes who voted against their own freedom, self-preservation, and right to live.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,066 posts

Sick.

Like televangelists and the Westboro Baptist Church?

Albeit the latter is mainly for attention.

To be fair, they aren't exactly blowing people up. No, they just load the bombs onto jets instead.

• Sciencerocks likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,080 posts
  • LocationLondon

Turkish authorities block Wikipedia without giving reason

Turkey has blocked all access inside the country to the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia, one of the world's most popular websites.

The Turkey Blocks group said the site was inaccessible from 08:00 (05:00 GMT) by order of the Turkish authorities.

[...]

Social media was in uproar as news of the ban emerged, with some users speculating that it might be a bid to suppress criticism on President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's Wikipedia page.

Mr Erdogan narrowly won a controversial 16 April referendum on increasing his powers, but the issue has deeply divided the country.

One Twitter user noted that the Wikipedia page on Turkey's referendum has a section on "controversies and electoral misconduct", and cites claims that the government suppressed the 'No' campaign through "arrests, control of the media and political suppression".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-39754909

_95838004_wikipediatweet.jpg

• Infinite likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Turkey, EU, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, genocide, genocide watch, Erdogan, coup, fascism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users