Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2017 UK General Election News and Discussions

UK 2017 Theresa May Tories LibDems Labour Conservatives England Brexit Parliament

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
229 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

I hardly watch any TV these days, but I saw the entire debate.

Tim Farron – did a great job of attacking the Tories, but his policy on raising income tax could put a lot of people off.

Corbyn – brilliant performance. Easily defended himself against Rudd. The audience were clearly on his side.

Caroline Lucas – loved her, and agreed with pretty much everything she said. I'm really pleased climate change was brought up in the debate.

Leanne Wood – appeared sensible and talked common sense, but seemed a little drowned out by the other leaders.

Amber Rudd – came across as stern, nervous and irritable the whole time. A really unlikeable woman, failed to connect with audience and just seemed out of touch.

Paul Nuttall – typical far-right loon, xenophobic, climate change denier. Wants to cancel the foreign aid budget, which is simply insane and would make problems a whole lot worse.

Angus Robertson – I really liked this guy. He talked a lot of sense, especially on immigration, terrorism and foreign policy.

---

Overall, a great and interesting debate, a bad night for the Tories and it's beyond absurd that May didn't show up.

• Zaphod likes this

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Labour now only three points behind....

http://www.independe...d=facebook-post

• wjfox, illykitty and Yuli Ban like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

cultr6J.jpg

• Zaphod and Maximus like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

Useful site –

https://electionsummary.com/

• Maximus likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,705 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Labour Breaches 40%

Tories 45% Labour 40%

Not only that, but:

Labour ahead of Conservatives in unadjusted poll of voters

Overall result for Ipsos Mori still shows Theresa May ahead by five points - but the gap is narrowing in Jeremy Corbyn's favour

A new poll suggests Labour could be on course for a shock win at the general election – but only if all those considered least likely to vote turn out to cast their ballot on Thursday.
The Ipsos Mori survey shows the Conservatives have a five point lead of 45-40 – but it reveals a separate result for “all giving a voter intention”, putting Labour on 43 and the Tories on 40.  The overall result is reached by stripping out the “don’t knows” and those historically unlikely to vote, who include black and ethnic minorities as well as the under 35s and the least well off older people.
The IM poll is based on a “representative” sample of 1,046 adults asked about their voting intentions between 30 May and 1 June. Pollsters for the company stated they “introduced an adjustment to allow for respondents’ over-claiming their likelihood to vote, based on evidence of validated votes from the British Election Study in previous elections".

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,705 posts

Westminster voting intention: CON: 40% (-6) LAB: 39% (+5) LDEM: 8% (-) UKIP: 5% (+2) (via @Survation / 03 Jun)

• wjfox likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

Go Labor!!!

Lets take down every liberterian, conservative and red neck party on the planet for their idiocy against the poor.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,705 posts

I'm still unsure if they can actually win. The only thing I'm hoping for is that they completely fuckslap away a Tory majority. 

Of course, there's also a sizable chance that this is England's "Trump Moment" and Theresa May just pulled a Hillary Clinton. Because this is just fucking ridiculous. Theresa May blew a 20+ point lead in the course of a month and a half.

April 15th: Theresa May’s Conservatives are 21 points ahead of Labour in new poll

June 3rd: General Election: Conservative lead over Labour cut to just one point, new poll finds

• Sciencerocks likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,705 posts

9npQg7J.png

Polling for the 2017 UK General Election from 18th April onwards, including polls released on or before 3 June 2017.

• wjfox and Cody930 like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

• illykitty and Zaphod like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

UK General Election poll

Survation

3 June 2017

• CON: 41.5% (-1.6%)
• LAB: 40.4% (+3.1%)
• LDEM: 5.9% (-2.5%)
• UKIP: 2.8% (-0.8%)

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

• joe00uk likes this

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

Plymouth postal ballot papers go missing
Around 580 ballot papers issued by the city council have gone missing

http://www.bbc.com/n...rnwall-40170198

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

DBsrNFAXgAAaSs-.jpg

• Sciencerocks and Yuli Ban like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

• Sciencerocks likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

Below is YouGov's final election poll.

YouGov are normally quite accurate with UK elections/referenda.

So if their prediction is right, then we're looking at a hung parliament... unless there's an unholy alliance between Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and Greens – which seems very unlikely, but could happen in theory. Such a coalition would just edge it, with 326 seats (the number of seats in the UK parliament is 650, so this result would be literally as close as it could possibly be).

I still haven't decided who I'm voting for. Possibly the Lib Dems, who are guaranteeing a 2nd referendum on Brexit. Or possibly Greens.

ghz6AT4.jpg

• Zaphod and Cody930 like this

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationUK

Already postal voted for Lib Dems. I live in a tory stronghold, but they have come close a couple of times. I can at least see the SNP and Labour forming a coalition. Prior to the election a lot of parties, especially Labour dismissed the idea of a coalition, but when it comes to it I think they would go for it to take power from the Conservatives.

• wjfox, Yuli Ban and Alislaws like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,694 posts
  • LocationLondon

I can at least see the SNP and Labour forming a coalition. Prior to the election a lot of parties, especially Labour dismissed the idea of a coalition, but when it comes to it I think they would go for it to take power from the Conservatives.

God, I hope you're right. The thought of another 5+ years of Conservative austerity and misery (not to mention extreme Brexit) fills me with dread.

• illykitty and Sciencerocks like this

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Here's hoping for a surprise result....

• wjfox and Sciencerocks like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UK, 2017, Theresa May, Tories, LibDems, Labour, Conservatives, England, Brexit, Parliament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users