Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Jesus Singularity (by Zoltan Istvan)

Zoltan Istvan AI Jesus President Pence Singularity Dark Singularity Dark Futurology Dystopia Transhumanism Conservative Christian

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,081 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Holy shit.
Literally.
This is the most disturbed I've been by an AI story since I read I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. And because of this, I want an extension of the story. Not to the end— I don't really want to read about yet another "scrappy human bandits fight back against evil AI overlord" scenario. It ends right where it should. It's the preceding bits, the world reaction to what's happening— that's what I wanna see.
So without further ado, here's the story itself.

The Jesus Singularity

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

I guess President Firestone got the rapture he always wanted.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Just replace Christianity with capitalism and Jesus with Ayn Rand, and this is exactly what would happen if I were leading the project to develop the first AI.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 7,239 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Just replace Christianity with capitalism and Jesus with Ayn Rand, and this is exactly what would happen if I were leading the project to develop the first AI.

From you, I was expecting Elon Musk. lol

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Elon is good, but he couldn't exist without capitalism :D

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 7,239 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Elon is good, but he couldn't exist without capitalism :D

True, that's because he is capitalism incarnate.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

St. Elon is one of the most revered figures of capitalism, but he is not the Prophet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zoltan Istvan, AI, Jesus, President Pence, Singularity, Dark Singularity, Dark Futurology, Dystopia, Transhumanism, Conservative Christian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users