Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If Le Pen won

France Le Pen Macron fiction refugee French elections elections future war germany

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

I haven't really written fiction before, and I am not very familiar with foreign governments, please excuse me.

It is May 15, 2017, Marie Le Pen of the National Front won French presidential elections a week earlier.  She is fulfilling her promise to deport refugees.  Similar to Trump, she is being blocked at every bend, but progress is being made nonetheless.  Slowly but surely immigrants, gypsies and certain Muslim prisoners are being deported.  Where does this steady stream of deportees go?  To the only country accepting all immigrants of course, Germany!  Crime skyrockets, riots are rampant, people are angry.  

It is October 1, 2017 Frauke Petry of Alternative für Deutschland won the German chancellor elections.  Frauke is fulfilling his promise to deport refugees.  Now a group of tens of millions, they spread out throughout the rest of Europe, triggering unrest and alt-right winning elections throughout Europe.  By the end of 2018 the EU is all but gone along with NATO.

It is July 5th, 2018, North Korea has signed a deal with the US stating that it would stop developing nuclear weapons and return all american prisoners if the US pulled out of South Korea.  The North immediately invades the weak government the US left behind and thus,after 50+ years,the Korean conflict ends.

It is  September 2020, Trump is leading in the polls, the American Democratic party failed to pull itself together and lost drastically in the 2018 midterms.  This gave republicans a super-majority in the Senate.  there are now 6 republican justices on the supreme court and 34 republican governors, soon to be 39.  These Trump esque republicans are further right than usual.  Trump's re-election will be despised in Europe, but not for the same reasons as 4 years ago.  The US no longer accepts any refugees, and all illegal immigrants are immediately deported.  It has taken its powerful reach out of most global conflict.

It is March 2021,  Russia has become the final destination for the deportees, the Syrian conflict rages on, but Russia sends them back nonetheless.  Most would rather fight than go back, this leads to militant groups of refugees forming in Europe.  Some groups take over small areas on borders of countries.  When land is retaken, border disputes raise tensions.  Without European support, most governments in the middle east have collapsed.  Africa has disconnected from the rest of the world and continues on without much change.  Asia has become the new Europe.  It leads in tech and is more advanced than the rest of the world.

It is June 8th, 2022.  Sweden has invaded Norway, Finland, and Denmark, Russia has just invaded Poland, Germany gets nervous.  Troops are deployed on the eastern border.  Russia pushes, and conflict ensues.  suddenly all of Europe is locked in a war.  Asia and the Americas stay out of it this time

Vive La France

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

I know some of this is not a direct result of Le Pen winning, but i wanted to put it in anyway

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

It would of sucked as funding for the ESA and european science would of taken a hit like American science.

Anything that fucks with science pisses me off...

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

It would of sucked as funding for the ESA and european science would of taken a hit like American science.

Anything that fucks with science pisses me off...

Yes, because France becoming an Islamic theocracy in the near future won't have any implications for scientific research there.  

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

I doubt the effects would be so big. Le Pen would not have been able to instantly deport everyone. The EU would likely last a few more years, and North Korea isn't going to collapse in the near future. And nobody is going to start a nuclear war in Europe just because.

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

I doubt the effects would be so big. Le Pen would not have been able to instantly deport everyone. The EU would likely last a few more years, and North Korea isn't going to collapse in the near future. And nobody is going to start a nuclear war in Europe just because.

lol that's why its fiction

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

lol that's why its fiction

But still...alien space bats.

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Spoiler

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

But still...alien space bats.

Spoiler

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNashChat

I have various ideas of if La Pen had won. Although that took various assumptions together that may or may not actually play out that way.

Cerebrum Cerebellum -- Speculative Non-Fiction -- Writing

Luna Network -- Nodal Sneaker Network -- Programming

Published Works: https://www.wattpad.com/432077022-tevun-krus-44-sword-planet-the-intergalactic-heads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: France, Le Pen, Macron, fiction, refugee, French elections, elections, future, war, germany

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users