Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2045 predictions?

singularity 2045 kurzweil ray kurzweil transhuman transhumans transhumanism

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

I honestly think there's as much chance of us being ruled by an religious fascist government that hate education, science and basic freedom by 2045 in such a way that progress could come to a stop or move backwards. Pretty much Trump without the restrictions on his power or the advancement of the current movement. Keep electing religious republicans and this will be our future.

Look at Turkey for a good example of this and how religion can stall science. Any futurist worth their salt needs to be able to admit that the future could be dark indeed. It isn't all peaches and creme! Believe me, I want to predict a perfect future where everyone is treated with respect and lives millions of years but humanity likely has a hell of a lot more blood to get through first.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

By 2045, a supercomputer that matches current upper-level estimates of one human brain's computational specs will cost single-digit-millions of dollars (in 2018 U.S. dollars), meaning midsize companies and even small universities will be able to buy them, and big governments and leading tech companies will have hundreds of thousands of them. If AGI hasn't been invented by 2045, underpowered hardware will not be the limiting factor anymore, it will be the software side. 

I'm revising this:

By 2045, a supercomputer that matches current upper-level estimates of one human brain's computational specs will cost $100,000 - $1 million (in 2018 dollars)...

• Casey likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: singularity, 2045, kurzweil, ray kurzweil, transhuman, transhumans, transhumanism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users