Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

France Watch Thread

France French EU Europe West Europe

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Ah, it's the 1920s all over again.

• Erowind likes this
Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/QAlMaVYIzqw

IMPERATOR!

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
Funny:

https://mobile.twitt...984870188376064

Did @MaxBlumenthal and his 40 twitter rats come out saying that Macron torched the #Notredame in Paris with the help of Ziono-Wahhabis yet? I'm only asking bcz his tin-foil hat-wearing comrade
@Partisangirl came out with a big one today.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationLondon

A proposed renovation for Notre-Dame, which could be completed in time for the Olympics being hosted by Paris in 2024.

What do you think? Should they replicate the original structure, or make something new and modern for the 21st century?

rkVRls7.jpg

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

What do you think? Should they replicate the original structure, or make something new and modern for the 21st century?

There should be the combination of both: something obviously modern but NOT violating the main style. This roof (on the picture above) would seem too alien and out-of-context compared to medieval walls.

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

I don't think it ultimately matters.  It's just a building... and pieces of art are just canvas and paint.  

What's important is preserving all the relevant information used to produce the structure or art.  And there do appear to be ample photos and scans of Notre-Dame to do that in the future, in case people want to experience it.  There is even a VR app to do so:

https://uploadvr.com/notre-dame-vr/

If all the art in the world were burned, not much would be lost, either.  Copies of the art are on the internet, and reproductions so good you couldn't tell them apart from the original, could be constructed.

• Yuli Ban likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,582 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I'd rather a perfect recreation, more for the historical value. 

Though it would be fitting for a Gothic cathedral to have a predominantly glass roof considering what the Gothic architects were going for.

• Erowind likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

Fighting Corporations since 2020

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationNot in Kansas anymore

I really like the roof in the concept picture.  The mix of 14th century and 21st century architecture is really neat.   We all know what the old cathedral looks like and its well documented, so what's the harm in changing it up.

• Erowind likes this

John Lennon dares you to make sense of this

Spoiler

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
The only part I don't like is the spire. People should be able to walk to the top of it not just that viewing platform. Actually, I don't like the viewing platform at all. It's a cathedral not a tourist tower.
  • rennerpetey likes this

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: France, French, EU, Europe, West Europe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users