Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Australia & Oceania Watch Thread

Australia Oceania Great Barrier Reef climate New Zealand Micronesia Melanesia Commonwealth

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,662 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Australian Liberal MP's have 24 hours to decide whether Tony Abbott should remain Prime Minister

http://www.news.com....y-1227211922478

http://www.reddit.co...ours_to_decide/

Oh please oh please, kick him out!

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,662 posts
Here's a Reddit comment correctly summing up why Abbott being ousted would be a glorious day for all mankind.

johnnywalkah

We currently have an ultra-right wing Prime Minister who has done some really fucking shitty things. The most recent of which was giving an Australian "Knighthood" to Prince Philip. Knights and Dames, something this prime minister reintroduced last year without even consulting his party. The first one he names in what is meant to be the highest honour you can receive in Australia is to a fucking royal prince of England.
The Liberal Party is very finely split between two major groups and this was evident in their previous leadership spill in 2009 while they were still in opposition. Tony Abbott, current PM, won that spill by 1 vote, over the former leader Malcolm Turnbull. Malcolm Turnbull in 1999 initiated a referendum on Australia seceding from the monarchy and becoming a republic (didn't pass obviously).
On one hand you have an republican neoliberal who believes in climate change and has many other principles closer to the left and then this crazy religious monarch devotee who denies climate change and has made significant cuts to science research in Australia. He also MADE HIMSELF Minister for Women, despite being a notorious misogynist. Our former and first female PM was treated like absolute shit, especially by Tony Abbott, no respect for her what so ever. One day she stood up in parliament and spent 15 minutes ripping him to shreds for how much of a misogynist he was.
OVERALL, the party has been on an Ultra-Right path since it's former reigning leader, PM John Howard. He was G. Bushes buddy during the initiation of the war. To drive this point home further still, the Liberal PM prior to John Howard, Malcolm Fraser, had thought the party had lost it's way so badly that he supported a senator for the GREENS at the last federal election.

Holy hot damn, Australia needs this man gone.
  • wjfox, zEVerzan, Cody930 and 2 others like this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,606 posts
  • LocationLondon

A truly terrible PM. He's done terrible damage to the environment.

• Yuli Ban and Futurist like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,662 posts

Luckily, even if he remains, he will be defanged.
  • Futurist likes this

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Please please please please please

giphy.gif

This man also wanted to dredge mud near the Great Barrier Reef in order to create an oil-mining platform. The piece of shit needs to become irrelevant yesterday.

• wjfox, Ru1138, Yuli Ban and 2 others like this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

Is it because of the Australian reef thing.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,700 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Well, also that he pretty much took a massive ax to the environmental programs and science funding that he believes promotes a global warming agenda. He's a moron.

• wjfox, Ru1138, Yuli Ban and 2 others like this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

• wjfox, Yuli Ban, Futurist and 1 other like this

What difference does it make?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,606 posts
  • LocationLondon

Ah yes, I'd forgotten what he did to Australia's broadband.

Pretty much everyone was due to get 1Gbps by 2021.

He didn't like that, of course, so only 20% of people will get it now.

• Ru1138, Yuli Ban and Futurist like this

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

He's a bitch. 

• Futurist likes this
"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,662 posts

Ah yes, I'd forgotten what he did to Australia's broadband. Pretty much everyone was due to get 1Gbps by 2021. He didn't like that, of course, so only 20% of people will get it now.
O.o I didn't even know this. That's almost as bad as Comcast wasting $200 billion meant for infrastructure.

What, only the rich get it, or only people in a specific region?
  • Ru1138, Futurist and sasuke2490 like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,662 posts

Please please please please please giphy.gif This man also wanted to dredge mud near the Great Barrier Reef in order to create an oil-mining platform. The piece of shit needs to become irrelevant yesterday.

This isn't just moronic— this is straight up sadistic. When the timeline speaks of Crimes Against Nature trials, it's talking about people like Abbott.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Looks like he survived.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,662 posts
Even so, he's done.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

tumblr_n6rxv2hMP31tw5s6vo6_500.jpg

tumblr_n6rxv2hMP31tw5s6vo7_500.jpg

tumblr_n6rxv2hMP31tw5s6vo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n6rxv2hMP31tw5s6vo2_500.jpg

• Ru1138, zEVerzan, Cody930 and 2 others like this

sasuke2490

sasuke2490

veteran gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Isn't he the guy that dislikes solar power? If so yes kick him out.

https://www.instagc.com/scorch9722

Use my link for free steam wallet codes if you want

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,662 posts

*Sharp inhale*
*Sharp exhale*
Australia is in worse trouble than I thought. Thank goodness he's all but defeated now.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

So, is he like the Australian version of George W. Bush? ;)

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

So, is he like the Australian version of George W. Bush? ;)

A very fine way to put it.

I'm sorry lads, but he stayed put, a great shame has fallen on our nation.

http://www.smh.com.a...209-139j0c.html

• Futurist likes this
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,662 posts
But it's not like he's going to have any real authority from now on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Australia, Oceania, Great Barrier Reef, climate, New Zealand, Micronesia, Melanesia, Commonwealth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users