Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Will Dragonball Z be reality?

Superpowers Transhumans Genetic engineering Androids Monsters

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday
Guys,I've read the timeline many times but I got interested in that post talking about the superhuman powers available to people in 2300.Do you think that these powers will enable people to have a DBZ abilities by the time?jump hundreds of metres in just seconds,blast energy from the hands,feel the others "ki",travel between planets,gather energy and reach even greater power levels and the possibility to transform yourself to get more powerful(super sayajin)...And in the future thre will be androids and genetic engineered monsters/mutants who could be very powerful as well.

With so many different sentient species on Earth,could this lead to a rivality between the races and they begin to fight like in dragonball z? :cool: And the post says that we will have a nomadic lifestyle...

Posted Image

Deadbolt

Deadbolt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
I think we'll look a bit weirder.
NO!

nuckchorris999

nuckchorris999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

jump hundreds of metres in just seconds,blast energy from the hands,feel the others "ki",travel between planets,gather energy and reach even greater power levels and the possibility to transform yourself to get more powerful(super sayajin)...And in the future thre will be androids and genetic engineered monsters/mutants who could be very powerful as well.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible by the end of this century.
Jumping and Strength: Carbon nanotube bones and muscles
Energy beams: Nanobots in the body that can use ATP to shoot a laser beam that comes out of the hands upon will (probably won't be very powerful unless we have a more efficient nano replacement for ATP).
Super Sayajin: A nano replacement for adrenalin (such as microbivores and respirocytes replacing WBCs and RBCs). Changing hair color as a side effect of this 'adrenalin' release shouldn't be too hard.
Instant Transmission: ...eh, a bit more complicated x_x easy in VR and LD though ^^
Power Levels read with scouters: There should be a way to build a device that can scan an opponent and tell you his reaction speed, strength, running speed, etc. Might have a system that calculates these things and puts together a number that represents their "power level".

Meh, I'd rather look forward to a Cowboy Bebop world with a bounty system, but that won't happen :p It will in VR though ^^

Deadbolt

Deadbolt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
I do often wonder how much power a humanoid being could actually have. How much energy can you fit in that space in the laws of physics? If you converted a kilo of your food into energy, you'd get about 20 Megatons - not enough to blow up a planet (thankfully, I suppose.) Is there any limit on how quickly you can use energy (power) though?
NO!

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
There will be political implications of that much power. At the Level of DBZ it might be worst than the cold war. The cold war had the convience of the nukes not having free will. There will surely be laws on how much power a human can have, and terrorism could be quit a problem.

Because it's no longer 2015

truthiness

truthiness

The Squire of Gothos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo MI
Yeah... we'd just about certainly destroy the planet if we ever developed Saiyan-like powers... Would you settle for a VR Dragonball experience? What's that? Don't feel like waiting for one?

http://www.joystiq.c...ing-your-fusio/
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

William Bishop

William Bishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
That'd be amazing. Only problem is it would be commonplace: everyone has these abilities, therefore no one is unique. We think it's awesome now because we can't do it, but when a baby is born and 30 seconds later they have these powers, I think we'll express more of a groan than a cheer. Things we have today like UFC, WWE, and Professional Boxing are sure to be something everyone participates in, just for leisure haha

Edited by William Bishop, 25 February 2012 - 06:37 PM.

shane_allen

shane_allen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationMinnesotta

Things we have today like UFC, WWE, and Professional Boxing are sure to be something everyone participates in, just for leisure haha

Agreed, fully. In our own, flat screen VR way we do it already. How often do I play games that don't involve murdering my opponent? Rarely!

Check out /r/futuretimeline and voice you opinion on when various technologies will emerge.

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Things we have today like UFC, WWE, and Professional Boxing are sure to be something everyone participates in, just for leisure

Agreed, fully. In our own, flat screen VR way we do it already. How often do I play games that don't involve murdering my opponent? Rarely!

These games are the best!principally if they are futuristic!(ex spider man edge of time,zone of the enders),but you guys didn't answered the question of the topic:Do you think with so many sentient species on Earth that will be in the future,could this lead to a physical battle between the races?

Edited by CyberMisterBeauty, 25 February 2012 - 11:48 PM.

shane_allen

shane_allen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationMinnesotta

you guys didn't answered the question of the topic:Do you think with so many sentient species on Earth that will be in the future,could this lead to a physical battle between the races?

Oh, sorry. Uh... I think it's unlikely. At what point are we going to be embedding the most powerful military technologies in our bodies? Likely never. You can run at me with whatever superpowers you may have, but in the end your only so much compared to a bomb or virus. Precision bombs, biological and digital warfare will be the battle ground for years to come.

If there is a battle of the races, I doubt it would be like DBZ or whatever, where the tides of war often turn on individual hand-to-hand combat. If I'm misrepresenting the question, I'm sorry. I don't watch DBZ, but I've seen one of the movies like 7 years ago.

Check out /r/futuretimeline and voice you opinion on when various technologies will emerge.

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
I would say these kind of superhuman powers are very post-singularity. You wouldn't want these ablilities to become available in a market society, so that some can have them and others can't, because they can't afford it. I could only really imagine it in a society where powers could only be used for constructive or recreational use, with destruction basically impossible (i.e. destroy a building, nanobots/self-assembling nanotubes rebuild it almost instantly; attack a person, and their powers are equal to yours so no one can come out on top or be killed; etc.) Therefore, like I said, far future and almost certainly post-singularity. I would settle for VR in my lifetime. It could be just as good.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

you guys didn't answered the question of the topic:Do you think with so many sentient species on Earth that will be in the future,could this lead to a physical battle between the races?

Oh, sorry. Uh... I think it's unlikely. At what point are we going to be embedding the most powerful military technologies in our bodies? Likely never. You can run at me with whatever superpowers you may have, but in the end your only so much compared to a bomb or virus. Precision bombs, biological and digital warfare will be the battle ground for years to come.

If there is a battle of the races, I doubt it would be like DBZ or whatever, where the tides of war often turn on individual hand-to-hand combat. If I'm misrepresenting the question, I'm sorry. I don't watch DBZ, but I've seen one of the movies like 7 years ago.

I don't wanna know if you like dragoball z or not,just compare it with a reality show(many people with different kinds of personnaliy) with the future species(each with different abilities,including types of transhumans,androids,synthetics,sentient animals,genetic engineered monsters etc.)Do you really think they will perfectly accept each other?I doubt...

Ps:Everybody who watch reality shows knows that they quarrels a lot and there are even fights...but just answer the question of the topic...

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
We may not necessarily have to "physically" battle each other, although the risks are there for it to happen. It is worth pointing out that it all depends what we do in the next few decades. You're likely right about the diversity part, us having individually different abilities, dispositions, intelligence, etc., thanks to more advanced forms of genetic engineering which will easily master in no time. Think about this - by then, do we retain the concept "group identity" like we do today? It is partially responsible for our tendency to resist or dislike members outside of "our" group. So, it's my bet that human psychology will be vastly different than it is now, and as a result, we may respond to this phenomenon differently than we do today. Honestly, it is hard to predict what will happen when we reach the point I was talking about. Still, I'd like to think we'd be so diverse individually that it becomes the norm to "not think" about how each of us relate to each other and just go with the flow. We'll have more interesting problems to address than the petty issue of fighting among each other. It will also help immensely to finally harness exotic energy sources such as nuclear fusion so that we won't need to worry about energy scarity and having to fight over it.
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

We may not necessarily have to "physically" battle each other, although the risks are there for it to happen. It is worth pointing out that it all depends what we do in the next few decades.

You're likely right about the diversity part, us having individually different abilities, dispositions, intelligence, etc., thanks to more advanced forms of genetic engineering which will easily master in no time. Think about this - by then, do we retain the concept "group identity" like we do today? It is partially responsible for our tendency to resist or dislike members outside of "our" group. So, it's my bet that human psychology will be vastly different than it is now, and as a result, we may respond to this phenomenon differently than we do today. Honestly, it is hard to predict what will happen when we reach the point I was talking about. Still, I'd like to think we'd be so diverse individually that it becomes the norm to "not think" about how each of us relate to each other and just go with the flow. We'll have more interesting problems to address than the petty issue of fighting among each other. It will also help immensely to finally harness exotic energy sources such as nuclear fusion so that we won't need to worry about energy scarity and having to fight over it.

You greatly underestimate human consumption and entitlement mentally. Also humans deal with problems mainly by blaming and fighting amongst themselves. This surely isn't going to change over the next few decades.

Edited by Septentrion, 28 February 2012 - 03:34 PM.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

You greatly underestimate human consumption and entitlement mentally. Also humans deal with problems mainly by blaming and fighting amongst themselves. This surely isn't going to change over the next few decades.

Probably. Still, at some point in the future, we will alter our behavorial dynamics. Like forcing an evolutionary change upon us on the condition if we don't do that, we go extinct. No one likes to fight and blame each other but we do - a psychological aspect that came with the homo sapien package. It can be excised, under the right circumstances.
  • RayMC likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Probably. Still, at some point in the future, we will alter our behavorial dynamics. Like forcing an evolutionary change upon us on the condition if we don't do that, we go extinct. No one likes to fight and blame each other but we do - a psychological aspect that came with the homo sapien package. It can be excised, under the right circumstances.

That's probably further in the future than the DBZ level superhumans. Here are the ways it could probably happen

(DNA route)
Authoritarian Global Government.
Small group of apocalypse survivors decided to implement this. (Poor evolutionary stable strategy)
Or
(Post scarcity society Route)
Technology solves all (Unlikely since it also increases consumption)
Global Population stabilizes due to infrastructure and contraception acceptance

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
I was reading that post of 2300 and wondering the why of having superpowers would lead to a nomadic lifestyle...Ithink it's because if you can do super-hero abilities and you think that's pretty nice and exciting,you wouldn't want to stay home anymore,always wanting new experiences and adventures.Thus,if people anhance themselves so much and most technologies are practically in everywhere accessible at any time( eg matter replication,nanobots,virtual reality),I think the need of a home wouldn't be a great need anymore by the time.

As AI will rule the world and developments of new tehnologies,they would have put features on people to not allow them to extrapolate their powers.Imagine a street fight involving those powers of the post of 2300.It would be very nice,but very destructible as well.Two people fighting each other using their powers,they'd destroy all the quarter killing all the neighbourhood eheheheh...Just like in DBZ!!!

Edited by CyberMisterBeauty, 26 May 2012 - 08:29 PM.

tornado64

tornado64

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationChina

Two people fighting each other using their powers,they'd destroy all the quarter killing all the neighbourhood eheheheh...Just like in DBZ!!!

For that you would need a power level of over 9000!

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

I would say these kind of superhuman powers are very post-singularity. You wouldn't want these ablilities to become available in a market society, so that some can have them and others can't, because they can't afford it. I could only really imagine it in a society where powers could only be used for constructive or recreational use, with destruction basically impossible (i.e. destroy a building, nanobots/self-assembling nanotubes rebuild it almost instantly; attack a person, and their powers are equal to yours so no one can come out on top or be killed; etc.) Therefore, like I said, far future and almost certainly post-singularity. I would settle for VR in my lifetime. It could be just as good.

im pretty sure somewhere along the way come post-singularity, somebody will invent an AI/android/robot gadget that would basically protect you from any harm for example from falling off a cliff, getting stabbed, or getting shot in the head, or simple things like being mugged or wedgied hehe. sort of like a very efficient robotic bodyguard, it doesnt have to be a robot following you anywhere you go. it can simply be an artificially intelligent force field (a la jean grey) that is somehow built-in or worn by you. one that only activates when it starts to sense you're in danger.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

tornado64

tornado64

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationChina
Maybe we get brain upload and just backup ourselves, lol. Then you can't die.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Superpowers, Transhumans, Genetic engineering, Androids, Monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users