Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Will Dragonball Z be reality?

Superpowers Transhumans Genetic engineering Androids Monsters

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
By then the world will be full of mytological creatures

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Maybe we get brain upload and just backup ourselves, lol. Then you can't die.

Yes, you can. The only difference is, when you do, there will be a synthetic copy of you to take your place. Now, if you could put your brain in a safe place and give it a large supply of synthetic bodies to control, now that would be a different story altogether.

science man

science man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Guys,I've read the timeline many times but I got interested in that post talking about the superhuman powers available to people in 2300.Do you think that these powers will enable people to have a DBZ abilities by the time?jump hundreds of metres in just seconds,blast energy from the hands,feel the others "ki",travel between planets,gather energy and reach even greater power levels and the possibility to transform yourself to get more powerful(super sayajin)...And in the future thre will be androids and genetic engineered monsters/mutants who could be very powerful as well.

With so many different sentient species on Earth,could this lead to a rivality between the races and they begin to fight like in dragonball z? :cool: And the post says that we will have a nomadic lifestyle...

Posted Image

I remember reading that thing you're talking about on the timeline. I just aussmed we'd become at least as powerful as the people in DBZ if we got those superpowers the timeline mentions.

P.S. I love the DBZ and DBGT series!!!

Anu

Anu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Hopefully not tethe power to litterally destroy a planet :)

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam

Hopefully not tethe power to litterally destroy a planet :)

I think this is what proves that superpowers are very pose-singularity. We're talking about a radically different society, if it can remain intact while filled with a race of super beings.

Because you might get that whole issue with the moon...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
Great power comes with great responsibility. If we do get the point where we have the ability to single-handedly destroy worlds with the mere flick of a finger, I'm pretty sure there will be a balance against that. Let me give you an analogy - you went back in time where people lived in huts and if you try to kick the wall of one of those huts, it would collapse. Now, you're back to the present, can you say the same with the buildings of today? Would they collapse after you kick them? Of course not. Now, fast forward to thousands of years into the future - even with superpowers beyond our current understanding, we will have a hard time destroying buildings, artificial worlds, or even rival beings which will be strong enough to handle the destructive properties of our superpowers.
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Anu

Anu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
this makes me think that in the far future a human will be more like the spore spaceship, if nobody played the game the spore spaceship is full of god-like powers since the ability to creat instant cities to terraform planets and do changes in animals,interstellar travel, and also a arsenal of weapons, since antimatter bombs to some kind of planet destroyer bomb

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Dbz is reality.

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

it's more than likely in the next few centuries, but I doubt it will happen in real life. Before you guys jump on me, I don't mean that the technology won't be there, its just that there will probably be laws, you know forbidding people causing that amount of destruction, especially when people can do all that in VR.

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

RayMC

RayMC

F̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ᴛ̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ʀ̷̲̅ᴇ̷̲̅

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Well... that's interesting. I didn't know that many people here have watched DBZ xD. To answer your question, I don't think that people will be able to destroy planets anytime soon IRL, but I can easily see this happening in full immersion vr.

“Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇᴅ.” - Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ Bʟᴀᴋᴇ

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,625 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Dragon Ball Z will be virtual reality!

• zen_mutiny likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

We will likely have superhuman powers but they probably won't be the way we view them in modern pop culture. 

Super strength is likely a definite, as well as being able to fly.

Teleportation via simply thinking of where you want to be is a possibility.

Shooting power beams out of your hands is a definite no. This would require too much energy, and useless at that. It would just leave each individual with the power to flatten a whole town

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

José Andrade

José Andrade

Waiting for Immortality and FIVR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

We will totally have a DBZ game as soon as we have FIVR. that's enough for me.

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth
this makes me think that in the far future a human will be more like the spore spaceship, if nobody played the game the spore spaceship is full of god-like powers since the ability to creat instant cities to terraform planets and do changes in animals,interstellar travel, and also a arsenal of weapons, since antimatter bombs to some kind of planet destroyer bomb

This interests me, would the human actually be the spaceship or would it just have the abilities that the ship has?

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

I'm not sure I'd be fine with that, I mean, we might get a Frieza instead of a Goku, and that might be troublesome. Galactic tyrants, anyone?

Better stick with VR for this kind of things. I'm all for superhuman post singularity beings, don't get me wrong, just not superhuman enough to destroy planets or cause such large scale damage, possibly.

I wonder how strong a humanoid being could potentially become with futuristic technology anyway.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,625 posts
Bump, because
http://phys.org/news...e-stronger.html

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,625 posts
An Italian AMV? I've seen everything.
  • Italian Ufo likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

^ Yes lol Childhood memories lol ))

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Superpowers, Transhumans, Genetic engineering, Androids, Monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users