Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Personal chat thread

• Please log in to reply
713 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

I think I'm going to write all my philosophical thoughts and stuff and just let it go as a culmination of all my deepest thoughts by my 20th birthday. Make it my magnum opus, if I can at least have one in life.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/QAlMaVYIzqw

IMPERATOR!

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
/\ when you're comfortable send a document. I'll read it and tell you what I think :)

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

culmination of all my deepest thoughts by my 20th birthday. Make it my magnum opus

Isn't it a bit early?

• Erowind likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Meanwhile, it's +21ะก here and I just returned home from the beach. Yes, you heard right:

+21C.

In early April.

In Central Russia.

But, while the sand is already hot, the water is still terrible cold. Only the brave hearts dares to bathe... here is one of them, the beach boy with piece of ice he caught in the river:

26164153.jpg

• Erowind likes this

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

culmination of all my deepest thoughts by my 20th birthday. Make it my magnum opus

Isn't it a bit early?

I figure if I get hit by bus next year, it's never too early to make something that at least profiles my existence. I'll do it anonymously though, so that I don't have my name attached and can only be judged by the content of my work.

IMPERATOR!

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I figure if I get hit by bus next year, it's never too early to make something that at least profiles my existence. I'll do it anonymously though, so that I don't have my name attached and can only be judged by the content of my work.

OK, I wish you success in your work (no irony).

• Outlook, Erowind and Alislaws like this

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
People in western culture tie in happiness with the achievement of certain physical goals. To attain a dream job, to publish a revolutionary science article, to change politics, to become renowned and famous, until they achieve it and realize that reality's dull. I think it's because people fantasize about what it's like, but without realising that there is a significant disconnect between the real world and the situations you imagine. Not in the sense that the real world is more dull, but just that the incomprehensible complexity of reality brings up stuff you'd never realize.

It's why I think it's better to tie happiness instead to the decisions you make in life instead of the goals you fail/succeed to achieve. But of course, that's not how I do it :/
  • Erowind likes this

IMPERATOR!

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

/\ This is why to me the only true scientists and artists are the people working those crafts for their own sake. The chase is what brings meaning, not the end. 

Or as We Are Scientists might put it: 

Lately I've been measuring mistakes that I've been making 

It's classic overeaching stretching way beyond my station 

Whatever I've been drinking lends a small amount of solace 

That's endlessly proportional to how badly I want it

So long ambition 

It's not a competition 

I can't win anymore 

I can't win anymore 

And odd position 

That I got the suspicion 

I have been here before 

I have been here before

https://www.youtu be...h?v=Y7MyzdessEE

Wearescientists_barbara.jpg

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Woo, I got 1234 likes. I've peaked.

Posts are at a 1000 and my likes are at 1337. I have climbed mountains not even the gods could scale.
  • Alislaws likes this

IMPERATOR!

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
Not looking for a political discussion in this thread, just expressing emotion. The extinction rebellion protests and the fair media coverage from the BBC have made me very hopeful. Hearing a neoliberal, a conservative and a environmental activist who is questioning capitalism all have a measured and respectful discussion mediated by a very steady handed, informed and respectful journalist on the BBC world news is amazing. This is the sort of media coverage we really need. This is one of the first times I've listened to a mainstream media outlet that's not Reuters and havent wanted to rip my hair out. Down with the sensationalism, let's have a real discussion around issues we all agree on. All three interviewees agreed that drastic action needed to be taken against climate change, they just had different and sometimes conflicting approaches. Millions could hear this piece, imagine how much better the world could be if all coverage was like this. I don't know the source sorry, listening on FM radio.

Edit: it was the last story from the live broadcast of The Real Story podcast.
  • rennerpetey likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Food for thought for conspiracy theorists:

1) There is a well-known term illuminati

2) Write this word in reverse order: itanimulli

3) Insert itanimulli.com in address bar of your browser and...

Voila!

4) They'll redirect you to nsa.gov - the site of NSA (National Security Agency)

• Yuli Ban, Outlook, Erowind and 1 other like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,492 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

To be fair, that website was actually bought for that very purpose.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

It's crazy for me how despite the same types of governments and social structures existing for thousands of years, our sympathy and humanity has somehow grew overtime. How did it change? Why did it change? Why have we become so much more morally aware than before?

• Yuli Ban and Erowind like this

IMPERATOR!

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

It's crazy for me how despite the same types of governments and social structures existing for thousands of years, our sympathy and humanity has somehow grew overtime. How did it change? Why did it change? Why have we become so much more morally aware than before?

I'm paraphrasing Alexander Berkman here:

Long ago the first people of Earth learned that they could accomplish more by banding together into tribes than they could by competing with one another. Later those same tribes learned they could federate into states to accomplish more than would by warring with one another. Today the states of this world are learning that same difficult lesson. One day they too will unite and we will all hold one another arm in arm as brothers and sisters.

Back to me now. The answer to your question Outlook is because it is in our interest to be more empathic, cooperative and moral. Senseless conflict is good for no one, domination and harm only breed suffering for everyone even when they offer the illusion of liberty and wealth to the abuser. When I empower another I in turn empower myself as their acts of creation will increase my own liberty and potential for creativity, love and spiritual fulfilment. Sometimes when I empower someone they take advantage and use me, this is because they have not learned it is in their benefit to pass their liberty onward yet. One day they will learn, we all have been in the process of walking towards enlightenment for millennia now. There is much pain and sacrifice on the path there, but we are getting better everyday and the fruit we bear through our toil grows more immense with every sunset. There is no shame in being taking advantage of when one's aim is true, eventually that truth will permeate our people. One should not give to the point of self destruction of course, but we must have patience both with ourselves and those who are walking the path with us, even when they're not as far along. Part of learning to give, and sometimes take the recourse that may come with those gifts, is realizing that everyone around you is just an extension and reflection of yourself. To harm another is to harm yourself. To help another is to help yourself.

You once asked how I expect the revolution to happen. How it will survive the negative inertia working against it that is so pervasive and built on millennia of culture. My counter to this is that the revolution is not one uprising or country or movement. It is that very inertia you are noticing in the question asked above. It is every stride in human history that has improved our condition and freed people of chains often of their own design. The revolution is its own inertia, and it has been thrusting us forward at least as long as this authoritarian tendency has held us back. And in every case of history, every single one, the revolution eventually wins. Kings are felled and famine staved off, in their wake the glimpses of global revolution are always just barely visible.

Leaving my philosophical and somewhat spiritual anarchic ramblings now. I have to wonder if morals are an evolutionary boon to any species which has found itself thrown into civilization?
  • Outlook, Alislaws and rennerpetey like this

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
I quit my job, and now I have a week until I'm unemployed. Shit.

IMPERATOR!

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I quit my job, and now I have a week until I'm unemployed. Shit.

"The only true wealth is your free time" - Vladimir Putin.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

all agree on

lol  yeah right only in your fantasy land

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,333 posts
  • LocationLondon

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm working on the FT merchandise store and hoping to finish it by Monday.

Also going to upgrade my computer's SSD from 250 to 500GB.

And the receptionist from my office let me borrow her copy of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (DVDs), which I'm getting through.

It's a public holiday on Monday here in the UK, so we get an extra-long three-day weekend.

• Erowind, Alislaws and rennerpetey like this

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

Fighting Corporations since 2020

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationNot in Kansas anymore

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm working on the FT merchandise store and hoping to finish it by Monday.

Also going to upgrade my computer's SSD from 250 to 500GB.

And the receptionist from my office let me borrow her copy of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (DVDs), which I'm getting through.

It's a public holiday on Monday here in the UK, so we get an extra-long three-day weekend.

I'm excited for the merch store!

I already took my SAT (a generic college entry exam you can take multiple times) and I'm going to see Avengers: Endgame later!

Tomorrow I'm studying for finals all day :(

• wjfox and Erowind like this

John Lennon dares you to make sense of this

Spoiler

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
Planning on watching Vinesauces weekly Sunday stream tomorrow. I was planning on going to the Carnegie Art Museum but I rebounded on my sleep issues last night thanks to an anxiety attack and they close at 5 so there's not much point now. I'll try again next weekend. Spent the whole day with my girlfriend yesterday and that was nice. She's precious and has been stressing about her job so it's nice to be able to pull her away from there as much as I can.
  • wjfox, Outlook and rennerpetey like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users