Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Personal chat thread

• Please log in to reply
867 replies to this topic

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

In other news my mum is looking to volunteer at a Christian free clinic during this crisis. She's very disenfranchised with what she would call negligence and I would call willful manslaughter at the hands of for profit medical care. She's such a pure soul and I'm proud she's my mom. Her career as a floor nurse mostly ended over a decade ago and she's practically coming out of retirement to do this. She's 55 now and has been doing white collar logistical work for a nursing home since then. I'm worried to say the least. We need more nurses and she is licensed, which is better than drafting untrained students. And the institutions worth supporting are the ones not exploiting the sick in the name of greed. But I'm worried. 

SastangFever

SastangFever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNoosphere

In other news my mum is looking to volunteer at a Christian free clinic during this crisis. She's very disenfranchised with what she would call negligence and I would call willful manslaughter at the hands of for profit medical care. She's such a pure soul and I'm proud she's my mom. Her career as a floor nurse mostly ended over a decade ago and she's practically coming out of retirement to do this. She's 55 now and has been doing white collar logistical work for a nursing home since then. I'm worried to say the least. We need more nurses and she is licensed, which is better than drafting untrained students. And the institutions worth supporting are the ones not exploiting the sick in the name of greed. But I'm worried. 

Ok.

SastangFever

SastangFever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNoosphere

I have no friends and no degree and certainly no gf. Coronachan also destroyed my workout routine so now i am getting a home gym set up.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
Nothing feels better than picking up my morning cup of coffee thinking that there's still a mouthful more and then finding it empty. Like my heart.
Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/Gnyr3sbdKkU

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

IMHO Alastair Reynolds is one of the best modern sci-fi writers and "Beyond the Aquila Rift" is one of the scariest of his short stories. There is no any evil monsters there, and the protagonist is driven by noble and humanistic intentions... but this makes the whole thing even more frightening.

In short, I highly recommend to read. Where to find? Well, here for example.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

looks like I'm getting my quarantine time now too. Only I'm spending mine with feeling achey, tired and my lungs hurting.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

oh no /\ do you think you have the virus? 

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

wouldn't know without a test, can't get a test if I'm not in a hospital bed, wouldn't want or be able to get a hospital bed unless I was in need of emergency breathing assistance.

soo, I choose to assume I do not have it until such time as evidence says otherwise, but at the same time conduct myself to isolate and quarantine as though I do have it. And monitor symptoms for signs of worsening.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users