Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Time capsules/archiving projects - Timeline suggestions

Memory of Mankind Arch Mission Foundation 5D Memory Crystal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ErickSoares3

ErickSoares3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Hello people, how are you?

My name is Erick, I have 18 years old and live in Brazil. I'm fascinated about the idea of far future and have 3 suggestions to the timeline:

1-) Arch Mission Foundation

Is a cultural preservation project that aims to preserve our knowledge both in the Earth and space. The first disc (with the Foundation series) was launched with the Tesla Roadster. I think that in the timeline we can put in like "February 6, 2018 - Far Future" (The quartz disc can handle the information up to 13 billion of years).

2-) 5D Memory Crystal

Is one tech used by Arch Mission. It can handle 360 terabytes up to 13 billion off years. In the timeline we can put it (and maybe the Arch) after the "Sol is shrinking to become a black dwarf"

3-) Memory of Mankind

Is a time capsule project that store image and text in ceramic tablets inside a Austrian salt mine. It was founded in 2012 and can store information for probably beyond 1 million of years: - I'm collaborating with this project and it is very interesting!

PS: Is possible send the whole site to being archived in the Arch Mission and Memory of Mankind (I don't know about the first, but the second in for free). I think that could be interesting save this site to the future.

Thanks

Additional information

Tancredo-1 - Tubesat made by Brazilians students from Elementary School in Ubatuba, Sao Paulo.

Wikipedia

Documentary about the project (Portuguese)

Marcos Pontes (first Brazilian in space).

Wikipedia

Prevision

Garatéa - L: first Brazilian lunar mission - astrobiology study (2020).

Wikipedia (Portuguese)

Official site (English)

• wjfox, Time_Traveller, BasilBerylium and 1 other like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,681 posts
  • LocationLondon

Thanks for these. :)

• ErickSoares3 likes this

ErickSoares3

ErickSoares3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Thanks for these. :)

You're welcome! I'm excited to help the site and learn more about futurism/futurology!

• wjfox likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users