Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Altered Carbon?

cyberpunk noir mind uploading

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,075 posts
  • LocationLondon

Altered Carbon to debut on Netflix

Based on the award-winning cyberpunk noir novel by Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon is an intriguing story of murder, love, sex and betrayal, set more than 300 years in the future. Society has been transformed by a new technology: mind uploading. Human consciousness can be digitised; bodies are interchangeable and death is no longer permanent.

Takeshi Kovacs is the lone survivor in a group of elite UN soldiers who were defeated in a rebellion against the new world order. His mind was imprisoned, on ice – until Laurens Bancroft, an impossibly wealthy, long-lived man, offers Kovacs the chance to live again. In exchange, Kovacs must solve a murder... that of Bancroft himself.

The first season of Altered Carbon will consist of ten episodes, and premieres on Netflix on Friday 2nd February 2018.

https://www.futureti...t/videos/61.htm

• Time_Traveller, Zaphod, eacao and 1 other like this

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,155 posts
  • LocationMars, August 9th 2069 C.E.

I can't wait to watch this in a few days time, I'll be really looking forward to it even though I did not read the book series.

• wjfox likes this

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Jakob

Jakob

Groveling Goblin

• Members
  • 5,842 posts

The premise sounds interesting. I don't normally watch shows, but there is a possibility I could make an exception for this.

• wjfox likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,075 posts
  • LocationLondon

The books are utterly awesome. I really, really, strongly recommend them if you love cyberpunk / transhumanism / far future stuff. :)

1. Altered Carbon

2. Broken Angels

3. Woken Furies

• Time_Traveller and Jakob like this

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationUK

I might try and read the book first.

• wjfox likes this

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,155 posts
  • LocationMars, August 9th 2069 C.E.

Definitely will read these books first and just bought them.

Edited by Time_Traveller, 30 January 2018 - 04:27 PM.

• wjfox likes this

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

buboniccraig

buboniccraig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I saw it on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. It actually blew my mind. I found the cyberpunk setting to be incredible and the concept of the stack technology to be a very interesting addition. I'm curious what those of you who watched it thought of the first season. I plan on reading the books to get an even better glimpse into the story line.

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Is anybody here who's just as curious to what will Lizzie Elliot become if she continues to use her synth body and be able to experience deep time in VR?

Also, the songspire trees, which look like the raw material for stack fabrication, seems too intriguing to be mostly useless to the plot.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cyberpunk, noir, mind uploading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users