Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Speculative Future Evolution

zoology evolution speculative future

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Some of the talk in the status feed reminded me of something.

Did any of you ever see this book by Dougal Dixon?

http://www.sivatheri...xon/main_en.htm

Dougal-Dixon-rabbuck-vs-rats-600-px-tiny

I think a lot of the ideas are pretty interesting. He constructs the biosphere of an Earth 50 million years in the future, long after our human mass-extinction event (yes, humans are absent. Extinct? Probably!) All the animals present are descended from surviving "generalists" that evolved to fill interesting niches, like rodents, antelopes and birds. All of the major continents bar Antarctica and South America are connected thanks to continental drift.

There are other speculative evolution universes, but I think After Man may be one of the most comprehensive. What are your favorites?

• Yuli Ban, Jakob, joe00uk and 1 other like this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zoology, evolution, speculative, future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users