Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Retrofuture Images and Videos Thread

retro future images videos

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Didn't find one of these threads already... sorry if there already is one. I'll start.

NASAs-giant-retro-Future-Space-Homes-1-6

tumblr_mu3jbwHEHo1sndzdgo2_540.png

tumblr_mu3jbwHEHo1sndzdgo1_540.png

tumblr_mu3jbwHEHo1sndzdgo3_540.png

tumblr_mu3jbwHEHo1sndzdgo4_540.png

5PSyn7y.jpg

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

OqCVuud.jpg

7i0hr32sh74z.png

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

iQN8AMu.jpg3o2rj30zdo601.jpg

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

162s5havstj01.jpg

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

^

Elon?!

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

^

Elon?!

Ironically, that's Soviet Futurism. X)

But!!! What about PreSoviet, Tsarist Russian Futurism?

Screenshot-2017-06-13-23.56.30.png

Central-Railway-Station.jpg

Red-Square.jpg

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

588px-Casa_Sant%27Elia.jpg

This counts?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,107 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

208.jpg?fit=486%2C486

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Retrofuturism_a6e0cf_5853671.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

One of my favorite pictures ever, actually, because of how innocent it all is and how different (yet similar) it shows sci-fi was back in the '50s

24829318046_d05922d791_o.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Seems like a pretty miserable-yet-awesome day.

07-Franco-Brambilla-Invading-the-Vintage

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

[WP] Write about a totally normal day in 2014, written as a 1950's sci-fi story about living in the 21st century.

Suggestion: Read this in the voice of an old-timey radio announcer.

*Saturday the 22nd of November, 2014 *

You wake up when your HCD buzzes. What’s this, an alarm clock? No! It is a Handheld Computing Device. It contains an internal gyro that, when the audio speakers are disabled, causes the entire object to vibrate when it receives a message. (But it can be an alarm, should you choose to add an Alarm Clock module.)

You touch the screen and it glows, illuminating your face. It is a letter from your dear friend, Henrietta, who is inviting you to brunch at a nearby coffee house. Without leaving the comfort and warmth of your blankets on this chilly November morning, you slide your finger across the glossy glass surface of your HCD and tap a virtual button .

blammo!

Your response is now flying through the RPCN (radio-phone communication network), and seconds later, Henrietta’s own HCD plays a musical chime, alerting her that you have accepted her invitation.

As you go about your morning routine, rather than scrape a dangerous razor across your face, you remove your overnight’s beard growth by rubbing an Electronic Razor along your jaw and chin. The device smoothly removes the stubble, leaving your face baby-soft. It is waterproof and safe to use while in the shower.

You leave your comfortable domicile and stroll jauntily to the nearby Metro. Moments later, the great train of the future whisks you several blocks to the coffee house, where you expect Henrietta to meet you. There is no sign of her. You whip out your trusty HCD and send her a quick message:

Dear Henrietta,

I have reached the Coffee House of the Celestial Deer, when do you expect to arrive?

Sincerely,

[YOUR NAME HERE]

You take a seat at one of the outdoor tables of the Coffee House, and presently your HCD buzzes with an update from your dear friend.

I’m already here. Are you at the Coffee House on Juniper Street or the one on Percival Lane?

Oh gracious you! There are coffee shops on every corner these days, and you went to the wrong one. You quickly correct your error and meet Henrietta on the next street.

After ordering your coffees, the two of you sit at a hand-crafted wooden table, steaming beverages in front of you, each operating your HCDs. You are checking the latest news regarding politics, world events, and sports, Henrietta is watching a short film. After a moment, she beams it to your device through the RPCN for you to watch as well.

To hear the audio, rather than activate your HCD’s internal speakers, you reach into your pockets and withdraw a set of headphones, each nubbin no larger than the first joint of your index finger, attached to slender wires that you install in a port on your device.

You prop your HCD on its kickstand and activate the video. Full stereo sound and vibrant, true-to-life color accompany the short film, a comedic piece.

Later, you and Henrietta use your HCDs to challenge one another to a game. Perhaps backgammon or chess, the devices synchronize the boards through the RPCN and so each player has full access to the field of digital battle.

The pleasant brunch ends all too soon; Henrietta’s device rings. She then activates it and has a quick conversation through it with an unknown person. As she finishes the quick talk, she turns to you and smiles.

“I had a good time today, [YOUR NAME HERE], but I better go, my mother has invited me to come over to help her with her shopping.”

“That’s okay, Henrietta,” you respond in good cheer. “I need to finish my Christmas Shopping as well. I shall see you upon another occasion.”

As you ride your metro tram home, you use your HCD to visit various simulacra shops, selecting merchandise for purchase. The device signals these businesses with your payment information and address, and your purchases will be hand-delivered to your front door within the week, and beneath the brown paper, each is wrapped with festive holiday colors. With that, your holiday shopping obligations are completed.

Ah yes, the future is a grand place to live.

A grand place, indeed.

It's 7:30 and time to leave for work. But what's this? Father is still in his slippers and pyjamas! Looking sharp in her business suit, it's Mother who is bringing home the bacon! What a world! Look out, fellas: mom is working her way to the top! She owns and drives her own automobile to the office, too. But this car is no ordinary sedan: under the bonnet is a normal internal combustion engine, but hidden away underneath are a series of chemical batteries that drive the wheels once the vehicle reaches cruising speed.

Mother is soon on her way to work in her hybrid automobile. She drives in comfort, listening to the popular music of the day. The sun visor even has a mirror so she can check her makeup while waiting in traffic. What will they think of next?

Mother is off to her job, but Father is no slouch. He works from the home, thanks to his home computing engine and the miracle of the Interconnected Network! When Father finishes writing his article on last night's football match, he can send it through the ether to be broadcast to any other computing engine on the planet. Anyone can read Father's musings and reply in kind.

Father can also use this very same computing engine to do the shopping for the family. Little Billy needs new shoes, and sister Jane is begging for a new dress to wear to the school sock hop. The shoes Father can handle...but Jane's dress is a bit out of his area. Better get help from Mother on this one. Father sits down at his computing engine and types in Mother's name, followed by a brief message: "Hello, Dear. Jane needs a new dress for the sock hop next week. Help!" Quicker than a flash, the message zooms its way through the Interconnected Network to a small mini-computing engine telephone in Mother's pocket. Wowee! Still driving, Mother is alerted to the new message with sound of a bell ringing.

Mother makes note of the new message, but she can't reply now; the local constables are on the lookout for distracted drivers, and computing while driving is a no-no. But no worries: Mother soon arrives at the office, ready for the day, and not a hair is out of place! She takes the time to reply to Father's message by pressing her fingers against a picture of miniature typewriter keys on the small screen of her mini-computer. And Whoosh! Her message is away!

Meanwhile, at home, Father is finishing the day's shopping (thanks to Mother's help), and it's time for lunch. But Father has yet to change out of his sleep clothes! Not to worry...Father has lunch already sussed, thanks to the power of micro-wave energy. He retrives a small package from the refrigerator's freezer compartment. Steak and mashed potatoes. Yum, yum! But this dinner is frozen solid! It will take hours to cook! Father isn't worried. Placing the frozen dinner in the micro-wave cooker, he sets the timer and Zap! Piping hot steak and potatoes in only minutes.

It is now late afternoon, and Mother will be home soon. Father is preparing for Mother's arrival by cleaning the house. Or rather, Father is letting his robot butler clean the house! That's right, Father doesn't have to lift a finger thanks to the robot butler vacuum. This little fella tirelessly cleans the floor -- and the carpet, too -- while Father naps on the sofa. Don't forget the corners, now Mr. Robot!

Father wakes from his slumber just in time to hear Mother's car pulling into the driveway. Mother not only brings home the bread, but the pizza, too. Piping hot and fresh from the local Italian restaurant.

It's a good end to a good day, thanks to the miracle of modern technology!

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

1101950821_400.jpg

Source

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
Try the old Yugoslav Soviet views of the future:

A long time ago in a Galaksija far, far away....

http://50watts.com/A...ja-far-far-away

DenDanskeFremtid

DenDanskeFremtid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

And one day all the theories posed here at this forum in what we consider modern will be considered "retro-futurism" as well.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

6asxvtrqv0y01.png

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

rFWePSN.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

LUotqUh.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

EAClrdD.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

mNOCJ8i.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: retro, future, images, videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users