Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cringe

cringe wince awkward social anxiety degeneracy

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
eacao, on 15 Apr 2021 - 09:04 AM, said:
It's a provocative statement because of the, effectively, "evil" place 'fascist' holds in public discourse--and largely rightly so. But it's not a particularly accurate statement and it's pretty counterproductive. While I might be wrong, I think people who say that sort of thing are venting, and it's not useful. If a person cared about making anything better, they wouldn't say it.

If you can define fascism, which it is possible to do (an authoritarian, nationalistic right-wing system of government that enforces its own idea of a "return to tradition"), then you can call people fascists with various degrees of accuracy.

One need not be a tinpot dictator to want fascism, whether you know it or not. If you believe society is degenerate and notions like tradition, family and god are beset from internal and external enemies that ought to be weeded out, sorry but those are fascist beliefs. Even if you aren't a fascist, you can unwittingly hold fascist beliefs and help people down the insidious fascist pipeline.

Trump surrounded himself with fascists (Steven Bannon, Stephen Miller, Shaun Spicer) and bolstered the voices of fascists (OAN, Kaitlyn Bennet, Tucker Carlson) and while he probably doesn't think he's a fascist, he helped the American fascist movement along considerably, to the point that they were emboldened enough to stage an attempted coup in D.C. on January 6th.

That young woman might be cringe af but she isn't wrong. You don't have to be cool-headed to be based, and no I won't just stop using a word because there's a tendency for people to use it hyperbolically.

Animator for a living, I do things other than gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube Newgrounds Website

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,507 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

One need not be a tinpot dictator to want fascism, whether you know it or not. If you believe society is degenerate and notions like tradition, family and god are beset from internal and external enemies that ought to be weeded out, sorry but those are fascist beliefs. Even if you aren't a fascist, you can unwittingly hold fascist beliefs and help people down the insidious fascist pipeline.

+1

What are you without the sum of your parts?

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

DSA 2019 moment, ridiculously embarrassing

Animator for a living, I do things other than gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube Newgrounds Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users