Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

zEV's Motherprobe Galactics: a quick future history

mystery adventure mother probe galaxy genocide diversity

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

ERA I

Spoiler

ERA II (ongoing)

Spoiler

• Yuli Ban, Erowind and Hyndal_Halcyon like this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

I'm just curious about several stuff.

1. What traits will those supersoldiers have and how will they have it?
  2. How will those supersoldiers genocide their less-evolved cousins?
  3. And what kinds of adaptations will the colonists have? 
  4. Also, how will FTL work?
  5. For 3 million years though, isn't that enough time for at least a few Mothers to grow some other form of self-awareness, perhaps enough quirks to decide and become a "father" to all the other Mothers instead?

I know the answers may not be as relevant to your story as I thought but you know. just some brain snacks.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

I'm happy to explain a bit more but it may remove a bit of the mysticism that I'd hoped would be a staple of the setting. All this junk is highly-spoilery especially the answer to 2.

Spoiler

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Ok you got me. though the supersoldiers remind me of the Kree. nevertheless, i'd like to see more illustrations

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

An animated video about this is in the works. Era 1, anyway. It will follow the journey of a single Motherprobe, it will have no dialogue and only use visual language to tell a story that spans eons and countless worlds. Being about a machine, it will be mostly visually repetitive but for key events that shape the personality of the probe.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Test animation.

• Yuli Ban and Hyndal_Halcyon like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mystery, adventure, mother, probe, galaxy, genocide, diversity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users