Thomas Reardon YouTube video
The device looks like nothing more than a bracelet, but you'll be able to control robot arms, interact in VR, play games without moving your hand, type on a virtual keyboard (just pretend a keyboard is in front of you), imagine moving a 6th finger, and perhaps even typing just by imagining (without moving your fingers). It's mind-blowing what that will enable!
Possible future uses:
* Imagine you are away on vacation, and forgot to unplug the coffee machine. You could connect to your house camera remotely, and if you have a robot arm on a wheel in your home (might be standard in a few years), you could gracefully move it over to the plug and unplug the coffee machine.
* Or, say someone tells you about a letter they sent. You could move the arm over to the counter, brush the top mail aside, pick out the letter on the bottom, open it (if you have two bracelets and two arms), and read it.
* You could clean your house without ever getting up from the couch. Just direct the robot to pick things up and put them away.
* You could work remotely, by very precisely controlling a robot. People that live far away from a store could get a job stocking shelves and cleaning up. It could all be done over a smartphone with wifi connection.
* People at building sites or in hazardous work sites could very easily and dexterously control robots to nail beams, carry pipes, move wiring, put out fires, and other things.