Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Let's just say the Singularity doesn't happen in our lifetimes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

DenDanskeFremtid

DenDanskeFremtid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I know consensus is totally against this, but LET'S JUST SAY that the Singularity does NOT happen within any of our lifetimes... How disappointed will you be? What would your reaction to this be?

I'm not saying it won't, but I'm curious to hear what others' reactions would be if they don't get to see it happen by the time they age, say, 85. "Singularitarianism" is an almost religious lifestyle to some (see https://en.wikipedia...gularitarianism), so I imagine it would be a very, very harsh disappointment to some.

Jakob

Jakob

Groveling Goblin

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,940 posts

Unconcerned. Unsurprised. Whatever. Life will go on, even in 2084.

• wjfox likes this

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
There shouldn't be a religious aspect around it as a certainty but there should be some sort of contingency in place at the very least.

If nothing happens, technology will continue to steadily advance as it has, the changing environment will make it harder to thrive however. Nations will rise and fall, and eventually humanity will either colonize space or die out on this ball of dirt.
  • Jakob, Erowind, Hyndal_Halcyon and 1 other like this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationIn some cafe eating--yes eating--roasted coffee beans and reading semiotext(e)s

In my last breaths before natural death takes me I will kill myself as a way of saying **** you to the universe. That's not a nihilistic thing it's actually liberatory, and I'm not suicidal, unhappy or unfulfilled in my life don't worry :D

That act would genuinely be the last way I'd be able to rebel against reality, and I would take that opportunity, as my life will be decided to the best of my ability on my terms.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Rather than starting an entirely new thread, please post in the existing one, which is clearly titled and pinned at the top of this sub-forum.

https://www.futureti...fficial-thread/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users