Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1950s propaganda

propaganda 1950s

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

I know video embeds aren't working, so enjoy this link.

In a nutshell, 1950s propaganda tells a lot about the state of American culture of the time and even today. It seems to never acknowledge any sort of history, presenting the world as static and unchanging; it also encourages this extremely conformist worldview, telling you directly what it means to be "American" contrary to the popular idea that America has always been about maximum freedom for everyone.

It's really weird to imagine a world that has always existed in 1950s American suburbia and always will. I guess that was sort of the conceit of the Fallout series, anyway.

• Cody930, Yuli Ban and starspawn0 like this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
Sort of like Jordan Peterson ads for the 1950s. Everybody has their place; better know your place; 80-20; man and woman.
  • zEVerzan likes this

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
"Clean your room or else Western Civilization will be consumed by the dragon of chaos"
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: propaganda, 1950s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users