Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Animated Flash Series, set in 1,002,010 A.D.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Awe, too bad. Good news though, there's only one scene left to animate and the whole movie shall definitely be out in early-mid February. Believe me, I cannot wait to finish this thing, I've spent so long on it it's just... ERRGH

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Username

Username

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

I'm another young, self-taught animator so I was thrilled to see your work. Your series is definitely very entertaining, and I like the overall concept. Can't wait for more.

By the way, just had to add that I'm envious of your success with this series so far.

Edited by Username, 04 February 2013 - 05:38 AM.

[Insert obligatory quote here]

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

OH REALLY?? Another animator, huh?

Well, I've been focusing on gathering animation help for the series since I recently came to the conclusion that I can't do it alone. The one I'm working on is thankfully days from completion (thankfully), but it took a year to get to where I am now.

Do you use Flash and if so what version?

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

I want it as a toy!

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

I'll model Xleek as a 3D figure, then I'll see if I can't gain access to the school's 3D printer.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
I'll model Xleek as a 3D figure, then I'll see if I can't gain access to the school's 3D printer.

Please do :)))))

Username

Username

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
OH REALLY?? Another animator, huh?

Well, I've been focusing on gathering animation help for the series since I recently came to the conclusion that I can't do it alone. The one I'm working on is thankfully days from completion (thankfully), but it took a year to get to where I am now.

Do you use Flash and if so what version?

I have the newest version of Flash, but I've rarely used Flash before. I'm slowly starting to use it now, and undergoing a fairly easy learning curve I guess. I'm doing a part-time freelance job that will be animated in Flash. And for my next short film project I plan on doing traditional animation drawn straight into Flash. All of the other animation I've done was never in Flash so I'm on the cusp of making the transition.

I have a lot of projects going on but for some reason plenty of free time. So if you want to talk animation we might be able to work something out.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

Cool! Maybe if you could send me a quick demo reel I'll see what I can do.

BTW guys, this project is to be completed by Wednesday. Stay tuned.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Cool! Maybe if you could send me a quick demo reel I'll see what I can do.

BTW guys, this project is to be completed by Wednesday. Stay tuned.

I always watch this space :)

Username

Username

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

So I don't have a real demo reel just yet. I don't have enough good content yet. I mean, I've been an amateur animator for 8 years, since I was 11 years old. But, nearly everything I've done until recently is kind of embarrassing, understandably  But I recently completed a traditionally animated short film. It's not online yet; looking for festivals and the like to submit it to. But here's a trailer.

That's my best animated work so far.

I also do graphic and character design so maybe if, per chance, I don't have the time or ability or whatever to animate for you I may still be able to lift some weight off your shoulders. If you want to see more of my work/art, I'm currently developing my own web site, which should be up in a few weeks. 

Edited by Username, 12 February 2013 - 10:02 PM.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

I really like the look of it! Looks like you were going for a Ren & Stimpy-esque cartoon style.

I think I'll include you if I need traditional animation.

Anyway, good news and bad news!

Good news first: ET Excursion 4 is done! It's finally complete! 6 months of not having Flash, then 6 months of work, and it's done!

Bad news: It will go online next Wednesday instead of tonight as promised. The reason for this is that it is the night before Valentine's Day, and the portals are being flooded with ooey-gooey love-related submissions. Besides, I need a week to cool off. I'm sorry to anyone who was looking forward to this night. I'm sure this is disappointing, I know I'm pretty disappointed myself.

Better news: You have next Wednesday to look forward to! It'll also give me a plenty of time to make small changes and get myself together. If anything, the complete version you get next week will be better than the complete version you would have gotten tonight! Coincidentally, next Wednesday it will be a year since I submitted my previous submission. Huh.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Cool! I have a question: why newgrounds?  Why not YouTube?  It's much easier when you have control over playback and it uploads nicer.  Is it because you want it to be harder for people to re-upload? 

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

I want to submit to both NG and YT at the same time so they get equal exposure.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

One thing I hate about YouTube is the fact that you can re-upload people! it is horrible.

I really loved that website...but now is getting so annoying..too much commercial....you cant longer watch a movie or a video in peace, neither you can have your own playlist of music that is going to be disrupt by a commercial.

Now Italian Elections are coming and utube is full of political propaganda/commercials.

You know what i wish in a year or two that another web-sites for video cames and becomes more popular of youtube.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Just use an adblocker

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Just use an adblocker

what thanks for telling me about this...do you use it?

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Yes, I use Firefox and I searched for "adblocker"; but I am pretty sure Chrome has one too.

Username

Username

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
One thing I hate about YouTube is the fact that you can re-upload people! it is horrible.

I really loved that website...but now is getting so annoying..too much commercial....you cant longer watch a movie or a video in peace, neither you can have your own playlist of music that is going to be disrupt by a commercial.

Now Italian Elections are coming and utube is full of political propaganda/commercials.

You know what i wish in a year or two that another web-sites for video cames and becomes more popular of youtube.

Sorry but YouTube needs money to function. If you don't like ads, Google can totally get rid of them, and instead charge a yearly service to keep its YouTube servers running. There are plenty of other video hosting web sites that aren't as popular as YouTube. Vimeo, Meta Cafe, Dailymotion, etc. But since video hosting is really expensive Meta Cafe and Dailymotion need to sell advertising to stay online as well. Vimeo doesn't have ads, but it gains revenue from paid accounts.

--

Anwyay, this is unreleated to the text I quoted above: Thanks for at least considering me EVanimations, and thanks for the compliment. Anyway your reasons for delaying the episode are understandable so I can wait. Meanwhile I'm just gonna be rewatching the first 3 episodes because something about this cartoon highly entertains me... I just can't place my finger on it...

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

Breathes sigh of relief

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: ExoTemporal Excursion episode 4.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwwBnAs75NQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwwBnAs75NQ[/url]

• Italian Ufo likes this

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Good job - I like the new voice. 

Also you thanked Jacob for being an awesome friend and for having a southern accent.  For a second I was confused because that's my name and I have a light accent sometimes lol.

Anyway do you think it will take a whole year to make another episode?  Or are there people that can help you along the way yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users