Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Climate change

climate change global warming man made energy

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Guest_gogators91_*

Guest_gogators91_*
  • Guests

World warming (at current rates): Mass extinctions,

When the world gets warmer, 90% of life dies out? Man, there is just no optimism whatsoever in these future predictions.

ocean acidification,

I do admit that ocean acidification may be a problem for the world, but saying that crustaceans and coral will go extinct is crazy. These creatures have survived ocean acidifications hundreds of times before, and have come out.

For example, the fish and shrimp I keep in my aquarium is resistant to almost any impurity in the water, high salinity, low salinity, high ph, low ph, etc.

melting of glaciers,

As I said, glaciers and cold climates are deadly to life. The melting of glaciers is good.

extreme drought and food shortages,

Even though global warming makes the world better for plants and animals, there will be food shortages?

rising sea levels,

Yes, this is an issue.

extreme hurricanes,

With global warming, hurricanes will become extremely infrequent. But yes, the ones we have will be stronger.

more diseases,

So when the world gets warmer, superviruses instantly generate?

collapse of food chains, loss of habitat, etc. etc etc...

The world does better in hot temperatures. History has proven this for millions of years.

Why aren't land animals huge like they were in the Mesozoic? The ice caps.

Keep on spouting your nonsense but you're 100% wrong. Fact.

Thanks for the attitude, Mr. Moderator.

Benefits to plants from CO2 are offset by negative effects from drought,

Warm = wet. During a glacial period, much of the world turns to desert.

weeds,

Weeds are a threat to plants, whether the world be 6 degrees warmer or 6 degrees cooler.

and increased temperature.

Increased temperatures are good for plants, for the fifith time.

Climate Change May Help Rainforests:
http://www.timesonli...icle2500311.ece

New Jungles Prompt a Debate on Rain Forests:
http://www.nytimes.c...ml?pagewanted=1

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
You intentionally omit this small issue that those changes might be good in some ways over course of 50,000 years not 125 years?
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Guest_gogators91_*

Guest_gogators91_*
  • Guests
As I said, the world should be cooling at the exact speed that it is warming now. The last glacial period was 13,000 years ago, and we are due for another one. If cooling at the exact speed of global warming isn't bad ( even though ice caps are deadly ), then global warming is beneficial. The Earth that we live on is a frozen hellhole, contrary to the 10 degree warmer, wetter, norm that has lasted for hundreds of millions of years.

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
Well, even during the height of the ice age the tropics were pretty comfy in the land that was exposed.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace

Well, 97% of scientists do.

http://www.skeptical...al-warming.html

These are people with PhD's, decades of experience and literally mountains of empirical, peer-reviewed evidence.

Except for the fact that if you disagree with antropogenic climate change, you are not considered a *Climate Change Scientist*. Plus you are quoting a website that is defending a debunked graph. The real number in around thr 40s not the magical 97%.

Oh right. Humans are somehow "separate" from the Earth, are they? We somehow "don't count".

Of course, climate change is naturally occurring. The point is that we're greatly accelerating the process.

The Mann graph is debunked. 1934 was the hotest year. Not just the US but world wide. It is a fact.

Weather and climate are two completely different things.

He wasn't talking about weather. He was talking about the weathermen and how they spew Antropogenic Climate Change.

"A few"? There are hundreds, possibly thousands of organisations studying climate change.

None of their evidence was found to be fraudulent. That's just what Fox News and the right-wing propaganda machine wants you to believe.

I guess you missed the Mann graph, leaked IPCC mails, over exagged stats, and how they 'added .3mm every year'. These organastion just squak what the IPCC says. Bark differently and you lose funding. I do not Fox but I have enough scientific evidence, experience and my own graph to prove that antropogenic is a scientific error.

That's just your personal "gut feeling". Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather trust the countless empirical, peer-reviewed studies by climate experts - who are in strong agreement that our 30 gigatons of CO2 emissions per year are now having a serious effect on the environment. The CO2 doesn't just magically disappear. Especially when we're cutting down the world's forests at an exponential rate.

Not when that 29 gigatons is a tiny fraction of Co2 released. The oceans are the biggest carbon sink not the trees. C02 is a by product of heated atmosphere, it certianlly doesn't have any effect with the amount I produce. I'd rather trust a drunk gambler with my life savings than the those 'panel scientists' about climate change.

"Somewhat"? I think "catastrophically" might be a better term.

The Earth is a Ponzi scheme on the verge of collapse

Posted Image

That graph and your statement have no correlation with each other. How do these 'so-called experts decide on the Biocapacity' especially when there is so much undiscovered.

That's just total, utter crap - blatant right-wing propaganda.

Human activity releases 130 times more CO2 than all of the volcanoes on Earth combined.

Posted Image

2007 had very low volcanic activity. Your graph is just pure left-wing propoganda. It doesn't even hace the name of a proper organazation.
http://en.wikipedia....xtinction_event

Volcanoes have the capablity to increase the temperatre by 10C in decades.

Look at the global population if you want more evidence of our impact. The only reason it's expanded so rapidly is because we exploited fossil fuels. There simply shouldn't be this many people on a finite world, it's obvious we're now having an effect, and we're going to pay the price in the form of a rapidly worsening environment -

Resized to 96% (was 750 x 542) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

Rewind the graph 500 years and adjust the units and it will still look like a hockey stick graph. The max we would ever reach would be around 15 billion people so greenhouse gases wouldn'r increse exponentaly.

Inb4 comments about me being paid by Fox, Republicans or Oil companies or just plain stupid.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl

He wasn't talking about weather. He was talking about the weathermen and how they spew Antropogenic Climate Change.

I guess you missed the Mann graph, leaked IPCC mails, over exagged stats, and how they 'added .3mm every year'. These organastion just squak what the IPCC says. Bark differently and you lose funding. I do not Fox but I have enough scientific evidence, experience and my own graph to prove that antropogenic is a scientific error.

Some people just want to eat up anything the left wing Pro-Global Warming people and Al Gore give them. I hope you read all the problems about Global Warming that I have complained about, more people should just use common sense instead of made up data spoon fed to the public and which pushes the Going Green agenda. This also pushes the green products which are probably twice as more expensive and saves a fraction of the energy, after all. Your still using electricity, and your still using a light bulb!!!!
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace
Currently I am writing a scientific journal that will further invaliadate the Mann 1998 graph and the 'reconstructions by individual scientists'. My report will include a reconstructed version that debunks the hockey stick shape. I look foward onto publishing iduring December as my results are incomplete. I just hope that the report will go to the IPCC and go under review especially under Climate Change Proponents. I just hope that AGW is just a scientific error not a scam like other skeptics point out in order to maintain a civil atmposphere.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: climate change, global warming, man made, energy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users