Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anti aging thread

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

More Humanin Increases Chances for Healthier Living to 100

Brian Wang | July 7, 2020

Higher levels of humanin, a peptide encoded in the small genome of the mitochondria, in the body is linked to longer lifespans and better health.

Aging Journal – The mitochondrial derived peptide humanin is a regulator of lifespan and healthspan

The scientists observed that species which are already predisposed to long life, including the naked mole rat had high levels of humanin, while mice, in contrast, experience a 40% decrease in humanin over the first 18 months of their life and primates experienced a similar notable decrease between the ages of 19 and 25.

Interestingly, the research showed higher, more sustained, humanin levels in children of centenarians compared to a control group. In some species, including worms and mice, the team went on to discover that modifying their genes to increase humanin levels increased lifespan. However, this was at the expense of the number of offspring the animals produced

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • 1,960 posts

An article from 2015:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4486781/

Lower body temperature is associated with slowed aging.  That makes sense, I guess.  Lower body temperature means slower metabolism, which means that less metabolic wear-and-tear on your system.  You also don't need to eat as much, which reduces the buildup of toxins.  

Anyways, this might be a good way to search for drugs that slow aging.  Look for ones that are known to reduce body temperature.

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • 1,960 posts
More evidence:

https://jamanetwork....article/2653451

At the age of 50 years, participants with low-normal thyroid function live up to 3.5 years longer overall and up to 3.1 years longer without CVD [Cardiovascular Disease] than participants with high-normal thyroid function. These findings provide supporting evidence for a reevaluation of the current reference ranges of thyroid function and can help inform preventive and clinical care.

And it's a large study in JAMA Internal Medicine, with thousands of subjects, so is probably reliable.

I suspected this might be the case, based on the effect of body temperature on aging. If you can lower your metabolic rate, while maintaining your health, then you are more likely to live longer.

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • 1,960 posts

Bryan Johnson (of Kernel) tweeted about hydrogen-rich water:

https://twitter.com/...713965050470400

I've started experimenting with hydrogen-rich water, drinking 60 oz a day (studies show it can reduce oxidative stress.)

Seven days in, subjectively feeling better. I will remeasure oxidative stress markers in 30 days.

Anyone have experience with this?

There isn't a lot of scientific evidence showing that it has much effect -- though, there is some:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/24127924/

There are also testimonials online -- e.g. I saw someone claim it reversed their gray hair; though, such anecdotes are meaningless, except maybe to point out what to look for.

Anyways, you can buy HFactor hydrogen-rich water from WalMart:

https://hfactorwater.com/

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • 1,960 posts

I should add this here:

https://www.medrxiv....7.07.20148098v1

Manipulations to set back biological age and extend lifespan in animal models are well established, and translation to humans has begun. The length of human life makes it impractical to evaluate results by plotting mortality curves, so surrogate markers of age have been suggested and, at present, the best established surrogates are DNA methylation clocks. Herein we report on a randomized, controlled clinical trial designed to be a first step in evaluating the effect of a diet and lifestyle intervention on biological age. Compared to participants in the control group (n=20), participants in the treatment group tested an average 3.23 years younger at the end of the eight-week program according to the Horvath DNAmAge clock (p=0.018). Those in the treatment group (n=18) tested an average 1.96 years younger at the end of the program compared to the same individuals at the beginning with a strong trend towards significance (p=0.066 for within group change). This is the first such trial to demonstrate a potential reversal of biological age. In this study, the intervention was confined to diet and lifestyle changes previously identified as safe to use. The prescribed program included multiple components with documented mechanistic activity on epigenetic pathways, including moderate exercise, breathing exercises for stress, and a diet rich in methyl donor nutrients and polyphenols.

I do almost everything on the list in this study already. In addition, I have a low body temperature, which means I have a low metabolism. That's perfectly fine, if you can keep from overeating -- in fact, you can be very athletic, healthy, good-looking... and have a slow metabolism, if you watch your diet. I am very careful about my diet, and consequently am not overweight. And so, I get to reap the benefits of slowed aging -- processes that produce a high metabolic rate cause a more rapid breakdown in bodily structure, and consequently lead to accelerated aging; and, conversely.

In fact, many fat people are probably individuals with the right metabolic profile to slow aging, that were unsuccessful in also controlling food intake.

In fact,speaking of diets, I'm on a 72-hour fast.  Not for any weight loss benefits; but because that is long enough to induce autophagy and clean out damaged proteins.

If I didn't have other things to worry about (that require a little extra energy from food), I'd do it even longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users