Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What if Wikipedia will end one day?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PS1

PS1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

http://en.wikipedia....Wikipedia's_end

Saddest Wikipedia article title I've ever read...

I don't believe the WMF will be shutting down anytime soon though. However, if it does in my lifetime, ...

Man, if Wiktionary ends though, I won't be able to troll them anymore with rare terms used to insult McDonald's or other fuckness like that.

As We Rise

As We Rise

On and off and on and off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Eventually it will. Everything comes to an end at some point, it's just a matter of when.
Completely redpilled.

GoldenFngr

GoldenFngr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

With all Wiki's errors and propaganda I can't imagine that Wiki will end someday.

ethanscott

ethanscott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Whoaa that is some deep stuff.

Wikipedia is something we all are dependant on

Enter Ataraxia

Enter Ataraxia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Location+0° 2′ 46.2″, 179° 56′ 39.4″ 7.9E2+/-420parsecs

While I very much enjoy Wikipedia and all of the free information it affords me, I will not be disappointed if it come to an end, be it in the near or far future. Wikipedia is unparalleled in many ways, and resources of a similar scope are uncommon; for something to truly make this resource unattractive to its users or nullified in its function, a more efficient platform would have to take its place. Though many of us have come to know and love Wikipedia, I am not going to be angry and will actually be quite content if a more robust and effective resource outcompetes Wikipedia in its function. As the consumer, the loss of the this resource for a better one is not really a negative outcome. There is always the possibility that Wikipedia does not get defeated by another platform but rather caves in on itself; in this case, I may be discontent, but if something was so faulty with Wikipedia that it was terminated, maybe I shouldn't have spent my time on there in the first place. 

-Trevor 

• GoldenFngr likes this

"Utopia is the hope that the scattered fragments of good that we come across from time to time in our lives can be put together, one day, to reveal the shape of a new kind of life. The kind of life that yours should have been." - Bostrom

GoldenFngr

GoldenFngr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I agree that a better resource will lead to the death of Wikipedia. The problem is that I do not see such a resource at the moment and in the near future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users