Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Merchandise store

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationLondon

Well I've made some progress on our merchandise store. I'm going with RedBubble, which seems to have the best reviews. It's been very easy and quick to configure (so far).

Tomorrow I'll be choosing various items – e.g. mugs, T-shirts, and trying to integrate the store with our main site.

https://www.redbubbl.../futuretimeline

• Yuli Ban, Jakob, Erowind and 2 others like this

Future historian

Future historian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Good luck, I have some internet marketing experience and can give advise if asked for

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationLondon

Has anyone here used Teespring? Is it any good?

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Has anyone here used Teespring? Is it any good?

No. But if you reactivate purchases on redbubble I'd by a mug. Was trying to the other night then realized I couldn't. I've been here so long I feel like I need something physical to remind me of this place decades in the future.
  • wjfox likes this

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

have you considered doing mugs, shirts and clocks where you put the year followed by predictions for that year? Or similarly catagories like AI, power, environment etc. with predictions for each over the next 25-50 years? If you want I could mock up some interesting graphic design idea templates.

• wjfox likes this
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationLondon

I spent yesterday experimenting with Spreadshirt and I think it might be a better option than Redbubble.

I have two products on there already (mug + mouse mat) and will add more this weekend.

I'm now really keen to get this store up and running ASAP – partly because it ties in with sorting our GDPR requirements,* and also because it's our 10th anniversary this month and I want some merchandise to give away in a competition.

* Long story short: I intend to remove all our Google ads, replacing them instead with "native" adverts for FT, with links to our merchandise, etc. This will serve the dual purpose of removing the need for a cookie consent banner (I've spent ages trying and simply cannot make one work), while also improving page load times.

Once that's done, I will also replace our traffic stats (currently Google Analytics) with a non-cookie version (I already have a good replacement in mind).

Finally... when all the above is sorted, we'll then be in a strong position to get Past Timeline going!!

• Raklian, Yuli Ban, Outlook and 1 other like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationLondon

Here's the (initial) product list I've decided on.

Just need to incorporate the images/designs now, most of which are ready.

Hopefully we can expand the product range in the coming weeks and months, depending on how much we sell initially.

---

Backpack
Baseball cap
Coasters
College Sweatjacket
Drawstring Bag
EarthPositive Tote Bag
Full colour mug
Men’s Premium T-Shirt
Men’s T-shirt with colour gradients
Mouse pad
Panoramic mug
Teenage Premium T-Shirt
Unisex Best Price T-Shirt
Women's Tri-Blend V-Neck T-Shirt
Women's T-Shirt

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationLondon

Unisex T-shirt with "AI" logo:

unisex-t-shirt-ai.jpg

• Yuli Ban and Outlook like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationLondon
Was hoping to launch yesterday, but it's going to be delayed for a bit while I resolve a dispute with our suppliers. Sorry about this.
  • Yuli Ban likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationLondon

^ The above issue has now been resolved.

I'm now waiting for their next free delivery promotion, which runs from 22nd–27th June, so that's probably when we'll do our official launch. :)

• Yuli Ban, Outlook, Erowind and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users