Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2020 US Presidential Election

• Please log in to reply
619 replies to this topic

johnnd

johnnd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

(B rated) NC Poll - Biden 39%, Warren 22%, Buttigieg 9%, Sanders 6%, Harris 3%

Biden leads the Democratic primary in the state with 39% to 22% for Warren, 9% for Buttigieg, 6% for Sanders, 3% for Harris and Andrew Yang, 2% for Cory Booker, and 1% each for Julian Castro and Beto O'Rourke. There is a massive racial divide. Warren leads Biden 31-26 with white voters, with Buttigieg also entering double digits at 12%. But with African American voters Biden gets 63% to 6% for Sanders with Warren and Buttigieg each getting 3% along with O'Rourke.

It's ridiculous! Biden, who has a much, much worse history on civil rights than, say, Bernie, gets the black vote simply by association to Obama. Or is there something I'm missing?

• Erowind likes this

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Superdelegates, unrepresentative primaries and polls funded/influenced by special interest lobbyist groups oh my!  

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
Trump Is Greeted By Rows Of Empty Seats In Minnesota As Impeachment Sinks His Presidency

Source: Politicus

Donald Trump tried to save his crumbling presidency by riling up the MAGA mob at a rally in Minnesota on Thursday night, but he was greeted by rows of empty seats.

According to KMSP-TV/FOX 9 political reporter Theo Keith, the president’s campaign manager even took to the stage minutes before the rally’s start time to claim that there were only empty seats because so many people were getting food at concession stands.

But the picture shared on Keith’s Twitter account shows rows and rows of empty seats in the upper level, making the concession stand explanation laughable.

When Trump took to the podium, he claimed that the crowd “just set a record,” but Vox journalist Aaron Rupar pointed out that “the upper level of the arena isn’t full.”

Link to tweet

Link to tweet

Read more: https://www.politicu...mpeachment.html

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
Andrew Yang qualifies for 5th Democratic debate

Andrew Yang has qualified for the fifth presidential primary debate, making him the eighth candidate to do so.

Yang received 3 percent support in a national poll conducted by Quinnipiac University and released on Tuesday. He has previously gotten at least 3 percent in three other polls approved by the Democratic National Committee, according to POLITICO's tracking, and has publicly said he crossed the fundraising threshold of 165,000 unique donors.

The debate will be on Nov. 20, hosted by MSNBC and The Washington Post. In late September, the DNC announced the thresholds to qualify for the November debate, the fifth of a dozen planned debates. These thresholds represented a modest increase over the requirements to get on stage for next week’s debate, and aren’t expected to drastically reduce the number of candidates on stage.

He joins Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer and Elizabeth Warren as the candidates who have already qualified for the November debate — accounting for eight of the 12 candidates who will participate in the fourth debate next week in Westerville, Ohio.

https://www.politico...r-debate-040333

• Yuli Ban and johnnd like this

johnnd

johnnd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

LOL @ Tom Steyer already being qualified for the fifth debate.

https://www.realclea...QHV1zyv8Q#polls

From the past 2 months, I count one national poll (Harvard-Harris) where he got 2% support; others were between zero and 1%. I guess the DNC cherry-picked from some obscure state polling data.

It is interesting how one billionaire can slip through the cracks of the so-called "strict poll-approval process", where someone like Gabbard cannot.

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
New Quinnipiac National Primary Poll: Warren 32 (+8), Biden 24, Sanders 17 Buttigieg 7

One day before the next Democratic debate, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former Vice President Joe Biden remain locked in a close race for the top spot in the Democratic primary, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh- pea-ack) University national poll released today. Warren receives 30 percent of the vote among Democratic voters and independent voters who lean Democratic, while Biden gets 27 percent. Sen. Bernie Sanders trails the two frontrunners, getting 11 percent support, with South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 8 percent and Sen. Kamala Harris at 4 percent. No other candidate tops 2 percent.

This compares to an October 8 poll from Quinnipiac University, in which Warren received 29 percent, Biden got 26 percent, and Sanders had 16 percent of the vote.

"For Senator Warren, the third straight time essentially tied at the top is the charm," said Quinnipiac University Polling Analyst Tim Malloy. "Her candidacy clearly has staying power going into the debate."

Today, Warren has virtually caught Biden on which candidate Democratic and Democratic leaning voters say would be the best leader. Biden receives 32 percent on this question, with Warren at 28 percent. No other candidate gets into double digits. This compares to an August 6 poll, in which Biden had 33 percent and Warren had 22 percent.

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
RCP Average - National Polls: Biden 29.6%, Warren 23.4%, Sanders 15.6%, Buttigieg 5.2%, Harris 5.2%

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
PPP OHIO General Election poll: Biden +2, Sanders & Warren tied with Trump, Harris & Buttigieg

lose to Trump by 4 points.

http://innovationohi...OhioResults.pdf

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
Hill-HarrisX: Biden 31%, Sanders 17%, Warren 15%, Harris 6%, Buttigieg & O'Rourke 4%,
Klobuchar & Yang 2%, all others 1% or less

https://thehill.com/...igh-in-new-poll

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

I love how the polls constantly say Biden is in the lead even though I've never met a single person online or offline that is an unironic Biden supporter. Don't get me wrong I'm sure if I browsed some of the larger subreddits there would be a few diamonds in the ruff. But for real, the democratic primary is rigged. I understand I'm a bad control group. But if you're American start asking your friends, "have you ever met a real Biden supporter?" So far the answer has been no from 6 other people I know. 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,708 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

^ I've seen a Biden supporter IRL. She was an older type and her car was covered in Democrat stickers, with "Biden2020" being the most prominent.

Actually, there is one other Biden supporter I've met, an older black woman who doesn't keep up with politics much, but doesn't like Trump. And her reason for supporting Biden is more because he was Obama's VP.

Meanwhile, I've encountered plenty of Trump & Sanders supporters on campus. Which I think says everything you need to know about the demographics issue here.

• Erowind likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
Gallup, Oct. 1-13, 1526 adults (2-week change)

Approve 39 (-1)
Disapprove 57 (+1)

Should Trump be impeached and removed from office? (change from June)

Yes 52 (+7)
No 46 (-7)

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

The Economist/YouGov weekly tracker, Oct. 13-15, 1500 adults including 1136 RV

Adults:

Approve 39 (-4)
Disapprove 51 (+2)

Strongly approve 24 (+1)
Strongly disapprove 42 (+4)

Generic D 41 (+1), Trump 36 (-1)

Impeach Trump: Yes 47, No 38 (not asked last week, but approval of impeachment inquiry was 45/42)

Remove Trump: Yes 48 (+3), No 37 (-2) +2

RV:

Approve 42 (-4)
Disapprove 55 (+3)

Strongly approve 28 (nc)
Strongly disapprove 47 (+3)

Generic D 49 (+2), Trump 40 (-2)

Impeach Trump: Yes 53, No 40 (approval of inquiry was 50/46 last week)

Remove Trump: Yes 53 (+5), No 40 (-4) +4

GCB (RV only): D 49 (+3), R 39 (-3)

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Iowa, Emerson:

President Trump holds a 47% disapproval and a 44% approval rating in Iowa while the Republican Governor Kim Reynolds is at 39% approval and 35% disapproval. Broken down, the President has a 52% disapproval among women, with a 39% approval, as compared to a 42% disapproval among men, with a 51% approval. A plurality of voters - 48 % - oppose impeachment with 42% supporting impeachment (n=829, +/- 3.3%).  

President Trump holds a 47% disapproval and a 44% approval rating in Iowa while the Republican Governor Kim Reynolds is at 39% approval and 35% disapproval. Broken down, the President has a 52% disapproval among women, with a 39% approval, as compared to a 42% disapproval among men, with a 51% approval. A plurality of voters - 48 % - oppose impeachment with 42% supporting impeachment (n=829, +/- 3.3%).

https://emersonpolli...-sanders-slides

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
*Morning Consult* Post-Debate Poll: Biden 31% (-1), Warren 21% (-), Sanders 18% (-1), Harris 7% (+1)

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,964 posts

Hillary Clinton Claims Jill Stein is a "Russian Asset" and Suggests Russians are Grooming Tulsi Gabbard

https://theweek.com/...g-tulsi-gabbard

Extract:

(The Week) Hillary Clinton has directly labeled 2016 Green Party nominee Jill Stein a "Russian asset," and indirectly suggested the same is true of Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii).

The 2016 Democratic presidential candidate during an appearance on the Campaign HQ podcast Thursday said she believes Russia in 2020 is going to "do third-party again," meaning push a third party candidate to help President Trump, The Washington Post reports. The previous time she's referring to is Stein's 2016 campaign.

…Clinton suggested there's an unnamed candidate in the field who Russians are grooming to run third party, clearly talking about Gabbard. Earlier this week, The New York Times wrote in reference to Gabbard that some "worry about supportive signs from online bot activity and the Russian news media."

"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary," Clinton said, with the "they" being the Russians. "And they're grooming her to be the third party candidate. She's the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."

Gabbard has slammed such accusations at this week's Democratic debate, referring to the Times article as being full of "smears." In regards to Stein, the Post noted that "exit polls showed most of her voters wouldn't have supported either Clinton or Trump if Stein weren't running."

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,964 posts

Gabbard Fires Back at Clinton Suggestion She’s Russian Pawn

https://www.courthou...s-russian-pawn/

Introduction:

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — It’s Hillary Clinton vs. Tulsi Gabbard on the sidelines of the 2020 presidential race.

The Hawaii congresswoman fought back unsparingly after Clinton appeared to call her “the favorite of the Russians” in a recent interview and said she believes the Russians have “got their eye on somebody who’s currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate.” Clinton, the former senator, U.S. secretary of state and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate, did not name Gabbard directly.

In a series of tweets Friday, Gabbard called Clinton the “personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long.” Gabbard also alleged there has been a “concerted campaign” to destroy her reputation since she announced her presidential run in January.

“It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me,” Gabbard tweeted about Clinton. “Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.”

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Marquette U. Law, Sep. 3-13, 1423 adults. 

This is a rare nationwide poll from Marquette, which usually polls only Wisconsin.

Biden 45, Trump 34
Warren 40, Trump 35

Trump approval 40/60 (strongly 20/46)

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
Castro says he needs $800,000 in 10 days or campaign is over
https://abcnews.go.c...l_headlines_hed

Former Obama administration housing secretary Julián Castro said Monday that he'd drop out of the presidential race if he doesn't raise $800,000 in 10 days — following the lead of rival Cory Booker, who rode a similar plea to a recent uptick in donations.

"This is a critical moment — if my campaign can't raise $800,000 by October 31st, my campaign will be silenced for good," Castro tweeted.

The amount Castro hopes to raise in less than two weeks is about a quarter of the $3.5 million total he took in during the three-month period through September. Castro ended the third quarter with just $672,000 in his campaign bank account.

Last month, Booker, a New Jersey senator, made a similar request and raised $2.1 million in just 10 days , after a number of his opponents and other elected officials rallied around him and encouraged people to donate.

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
* NEW * Emerson (B+ Rated) Poll - Biden 27%, Sanders 25%, Warren 21%, Buttigieg 6%, Harris 5%

A new Emerson Poll finds former VP Joe Biden continues to hold a small lead in the Democratic primary nationally with 27% support, followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders at 25% and Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 21%, no other candidates clears 6%. (n=430, +/- 4.7%). This represents a small shift from Emerson’s September poll that had Biden at 25%, Warren at 23% and Sanders at 22%.

• Yuli Ban and johnnd like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users