Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Minor changes to the timeline

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

A thread for minor changes, deletions, etc.

I've just moved the JWST from 2019 to 2021:

https://www.futureti....htm#james-webb

(wouldn't surprise me if it's moved yet again at some point!)

• Frizz, Futurist and ddmkm122 like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

I'm going to delete the rhino extinction prediction (2025-2030) until I have some better data/references. If anyone has recent population figures, let me know.

• ddmkm122 and Jakob like this

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 13,014 posts

Will you highlight the possibility for a civil war in America during the 2020 or 2030's.

• ddmkm122 likes this

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

“He who dares not offend cannot be honest,” — Thomas Paine

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

Will you highlight the possibility for a civil war in America during the 2020 or 2030's.

How would that happen?

• ddmkm122 and SemenaMertvykh like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

I've updated the 2018 and 2019 pages.

Might add some new stuff for 2019 tomorrow. Let me know what, if anything, you think should be included:

https://www.futureti...19-predictions/

5G is currently listed for 2020, but the first phase is actually launched this year, so I guess I'll move it.

• Yuli Ban and ddmkm122 like this

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

In case you missed this on the web and as posted in the Business and Politics pinned thread:

Ten Predictions About the Media Market In New York

https://techcrunch.c.../12/31/1763827/

Introduction:

(TechCrunch) 2018 was a year of massive mergers and acquisitions, with AT&T/Time Warner, Disney/Fox and Comcast/Sky. The #MeToo movement made headlines, and the dominant emotion in boardroom discussions around Hollywood and beyond was fear … lots of fear in the ranks of our tech-infused world of media and entertainment (as well as in the world itself).

So what does the crystal ball predict for 2019?

Here are some of the narratives that will shape the world of entertainment next year and set the stage for the roaring 20s of the media industry (see linked article).

gettyimages-tlp259232.jpg?w=730&crop=1

• ddmkm122 likes this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Future historian

Future historian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

2021 AI beats the best humans at starcraft

• ddmkm122 likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

European Extremely Large Telescope moved from 2022 to 2025.

• Yuli Ban likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Your site and you decide... but, don't you feel this is "a bit" unrealistic? And becomes less and less realistic with each passed year: 

The vast majority of countries have achieved democracy

The on-going spread of information – aided by mobile telecommunications, social media and other technology – continues to nurture democracy. The vast majority of countries now have free and fair elections.*

However, this general upward trend has begun to plateau in recent decades. Climate change is now having a significant impact on regional stability, particularly in Africa and the Middle East, where concerns over scarcity of resources have created conditions allowing dictators and authoritarian governments to make a comeback.

In any case, a number of cultures are simply more compatible with monarchies, theocracies and autocracies at the present time. These parochial nations will remain undemocratic for some time to come.

2050-demographics-prediction.jpg

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

Your site and you decide... but, don't you feel this is "a bit" unrealistic? And becomes less and less realistic with each passed year:

Things do seem to have taken a more authoritarian direction lately – but the overall, long-term, historic trend seems to be upwards, towards more democracy, driven in large part by the free flow of information.

Edit: In any case, the graph does include that red line, to take into account a possible slowdown.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

I've now moved the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope from 2022 to 2023, based on the latest schedule.

https://www.futureti...y/2023.htm#lsst

a4ZQFi7.jpg

• Yuli Ban likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,065 posts
  • LocationLondon

2027 – The majority of U.S. workers are freelance

^ This was going to be my next prediction.

I won't be including it now, because I (luckily) stumbled across this article...

https://medium.com/@...rt-258bccd9a7d1

• Yuli Ban likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users